Hero classes, and Warlock is now Inferno..

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Hero classes, and Warlock is now Inferno..

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 08 Jun 2011, 18:30

The classes: http://might-and-magic.ubi.com/heroes-6 ... index.aspx

What the hell: http://might-and-magic.ubi.com/heroes-6 ... index.aspx

Seriously, they moved the Warlock to Inferno... then they better use Sorcerer/ess for the Dungeon...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 08 Jun 2011, 19:33

I'm more happy that they have more types of hero.
Working on tracking the locations of Heroes IV battles. Stage 6 of campaign map finished, all initial Heroes IV campaigns mapped.

http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... hp?t=11973

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 08 Jun 2011, 19:51

damn he looks awesome :D
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

ChimTheGrim
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ChimTheGrim » 08 Jun 2011, 20:15

It looks cool that each town has 6 hero types.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Hero classes, and Warlock is now Inferno..

Unread postby Avonu » 08 Jun 2011, 20:39

ThunderTitan wrote:The classes: http://might-and-magic.ubi.com/heroes-6 ... index.aspx

Seriously, they moved the Warlock to Inferno... then they better use Sorcerer/ess for the Dungeon...
This is known from about second half of May. You really need to check news often.

And about warlock - it's not warlock, it's chaos cultist :P. As in HV, in HVI is again too much Warhammer.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 09 Jun 2011, 06:07

Huh? From what i see on the front page the only stuff mid-may is the campaign heroes, not the classes... you sure you're not confusing us with HC?

Plus, there's no discussion about the classes anyway, and some of them need better names... i mean Demonist?! WTF?
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

yourworstnightmare
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yourworstnightmare » 13 Jun 2011, 08:04

ChimTheGrim wrote:It looks cool that each town has 6 hero types.
Yes, but why does the Sanctuary heroes have legs? Aren't they supposed to be Nagas?

yourworstnightmare
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Hero classes, and Warlock is now Inferno..

Unread postby yourworstnightmare » 13 Jun 2011, 08:05

ThunderTitan wrote:The classes: http://might-and-magic.ubi.com/heroes-6 ... index.aspx

I still think Dungeon won't be in, since it would make no sense in the Ashan story arc to have them in this time period.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 13 Jun 2011, 08:10

ThunderTitan wrote:Huh? From what i see on the front page the only stuff mid-may is the campaign heroes, not the classes... you sure you're not confusing us with HC?

Plus, there's no discussion about the classes anyway, and some of them need better names... i mean Demonist?! WTF?
No. Reputation page was updated long before front page posted about it.
And names are not so bad, you need to see Polish translation to know how bad names can be.
I prefer Demonologist too, but it seems that there is such word as Demonist. Why didn't they call him/her Chaos Cultist, I don't know... wait, I know, they afraid lawsuit from Games Workshop. :P

yourworstnightmare wrote:I still think Dungeon won't be in, since it would make no sense in the Ashan story arc to have them in this time period.
Few years/decades later and Dungeon will fit. Not so much can change in Ashan's military for few decades, as we saw in HV, where they still use warfare from beyond 400 years. ;)

yourworstnightmare
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yourworstnightmare » 16 Jun 2011, 08:22

Still calling bullshit on naga heroes having legs.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 16 Jun 2011, 09:21

Yea it's kinda bad they take warlock name for inferno. thus they cant reserve it for possible dungeon in expansion.
Also does anyone know. Is there reason to keep neutral hero, or just tear/blood heroes are superior like in homm4?

Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 16 Jun 2011, 12:23

yourworstnightmare wrote:
ChimTheGrim wrote:It looks cool that each town has 6 hero types.
Yes, but why does the Sanctuary heroes have legs? Aren't they supposed to be Nagas?
All the heroes are depicted as being humans I think.
tress wrote: Yea it's kinda bad they take warlock name for inferno. thus they cant reserve it for possible dungeon in expansion.
Also does anyone know. Is there reason to keep neutral hero, or just tear/blood heroes are superior like in homm4?
They could always add an adjective, like shadow warlock.
Working on tracking the locations of Heroes IV battles. Stage 6 of campaign map finished, all initial Heroes IV campaigns mapped.

http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... hp?t=11973

Blocks100
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Blocks100 » 16 Jun 2011, 16:50

What am I missing here? Do these 6 hero classes mean there isn't going to be actual 'named' heroes outside of the campaign maps?

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 16 Jun 2011, 17:02

Blocks100 wrote:What am I missing here? Do these 6 hero classes mean there isn't going to be actual 'named' heroes outside of the campaign maps?
what makes you think so?
heroes 3 had hero classes and still had individual heroes
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 16 Jun 2011, 18:47

TT, if only you knew since when I've been whining and moaning about that.. ;|
Infiltrator out.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 17 Jun 2011, 02:03

I've got nothing against "Warlocks" being from Inferno. It's just a name. What I do have issues with is that the heroes look blatantly powerful. So we basically have superman running around and overpowering neutral stacks with much smaller armies, and hero actions in a battle are more important than ever (they were already exceedingly important in Heroes 5).

Depending on how the initiative system pans out in H6, this may or may not be serious. We'll see. Oh and, the heroes look almost the same ;|
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 17 Jun 2011, 06:53

Blocks100 wrote:What am I missing here? Do these 6 hero classes mean there isn't going to be actual 'named' heroes outside of the campaign maps?
Why is that? Homm4 had dozens of promotable classes and still had named heroes, albeit without specialties, but that was particularly because of low quality of game altogether,

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jun 2011, 14:24

Warlock just worked so much better with Dungeon imo.

But i guess they could always use Sorcerer/ess... but that would require make and female to have different class names for the same class.

Avonu wrote:>>I prefer Demonologist too, but it seems that there is such word as Demonist. Why didn't they call him/her Chaos Cultist, I don't know... wait, I know, they afraid lawsuit from Games Workshop. :P<<
Well English has like 2000 words added to it every year, so i'm not surprised... but it sounds so lame.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”