Discussion of Ashan history

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 23 May 2011, 17:27

ThunderTitan wrote:The answer is obvious... magical test tube babies... and at some point the religious Haven factions managed to gain enough seats on the Ashan congress to outlaw in vitro (and abortions, obviously).
In the Seven Cities- Not likely. A race of beings powerful enough to play around with magical test tube babies isn't going to take any notice of the 'Ashan congress'. :D :D :D

Wizard- The Ashan congress has taken offense to our mass-producing of 'half-human abominations'.
Wizard Leader- They dare: inform them of our intention to leave the congress.
Wizard- But they'll unite all of Ashan against us!
Wizard Leader- So?
Wizard- We haven't got enough creatures to conquer all of Ashan.
Wizard Leader- We already have enough creatures to kill most of Ashan's warriors.
Wizard- But what about the rest.
Wizard Leader- We'll deal with them ourselves, we ain't called the most deadly Level 4 creature in all of Ashan for nothing. And we'll have out army back twice as big before the next lot are even out of diapers.
Wizard- But?
Wizard Leader- But nothing, the problem is self-resolving- magical abominations deal with those offended by the magical abominations, keeps the factories running and the gremlins in work (have we even invented gremlins yet?)
Wizard- But what about Plot Armour?
Wizard Leader- Have they invented that? Didn't know Haven fanatics could invent.
Wizard- It means they can load all their battles again and again until they win.
Wizard Leader- Why can't we invent plot armour?
Wizard- Because the plot is written from the POV of said Haven fanatics, this means we get the opposite.
Wizard Leader- A plot sword?
Wizard- No we get to be AI controlled in a game rushed out well ahead of all reasonable schedule to cut development costs.
Wizard Leader- Nooooooooooooooooooo!
ThunderTitan wrote: Carried away right off a cliff...

But seriously, you need to learn to laugh at yourself and admit that some theories are more about fun then being right.
That isn't really the issue. You see the problem is that theories that initially are like quite neccesary to make full explanation of all the sources have a tendancy to balloon out of all well control.
Working on tracking the locations of Heroes IV battles. Stage 6 of campaign map finished, all initial Heroes IV campaigns mapped.

http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... hp?t=11973

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 May 2011, 20:48

Slayer of Cliffracers wrote:That isn't really the issue. You see the problem is that theories that initially are like quite neccesary to make full explanation of all the sources have a tendancy to balloon out of all well control.
And go right off a cliff...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 24 May 2011, 12:24

ThunderTitan wrote:
Slayer of Cliffracers wrote:That isn't really the issue. You see the problem is that theories that initially are like quite neccesary to make full explanation of all the sources have a tendancy to balloon out of all well control.
And go right off a cliff...
Well that did happen once. I remember when I ended up writing detailed histories for the academy creatures.....
Working on tracking the locations of Heroes IV battles. Stage 6 of campaign map finished, all initial Heroes IV campaigns mapped.

http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... hp?t=11973

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 May 2011, 16:03

Slayer of Cliffracers wrote: Well that did happen once. I remember when I ended up writing detailed histories for the academy creatures.....
No, see, we call that making an impact crater that reaches China... must have been one high cliff there.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Heroes V-VI”