No Blackies = please no Dungeon

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Feb 2011, 18:21

mr.hackcrag wrote:But what I meant was that I would rather have a faction of celestial beings than the same old meatbags we've seen for over a decade.
High Men aren't exactly a rare occurrence in fantasy.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 26 Feb 2011, 14:31

If I had written "creatures" instead of "beings" would you two not have jumped to the very wrong conclusion about what I meant? Anyway, I'll play along. The champion unit is an angry old man who lives in the sky and has the "Intolerance" special ability; hates every unit that doesn't believe in him.:devil:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Feb 2011, 08:54

Just consider yourself lucky, the 1st thing that crossed my mind was this actually:

[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... g_Logo.png[/img]

But what would the rest of the units be?!
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

MattII
Demon
Demon

Unread postby MattII » 28 Feb 2011, 10:16

The rest of the creatures could be slaved, forced to serve the alien overlords, while the alien overlords try to figure out how to fix their ship to get themselves off this hell-hole of a world.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Mar 2011, 21:31

And they could have thir appendages replaced with chainsaws... let the death threats commence.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 31 Mar 2011, 18:52

ThunderTitan wrote:And they could have thir appendages replaced with chainsaws... let the death threats commence.
Any death threats yet?

Well I guess we won't see blackies in MM:H6 vanilla :P
Grah!

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 31 Mar 2011, 18:58

BD bosses or not - I don't care much, I'm just glad they're gonna be in the expansion as the lvl 7 creature of dungeon.
Infiltrator out.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 04 Apr 2011, 19:23

Infiltrator wrote:BD bosses or not - I don't care much, I'm just glad they're gonna be in the expansion as the lvl 7 creature of dungeon.
I'm not so sure about that... but one can always hope ;)
Grah!

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Re: No Blackies = please no Dungeon

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 26 Apr 2011, 22:33

Infiltrator wrote:The devs are reconstructing a lot of factions. Notably, Necro lost the Bone Dragons and Inferno lost the Archdemons as their top tier units.

Coupled with the Dark Elven lore Dungeon got paired up with in H5, and with the sex themes in games today, there's a reasonably high chance that if Dungeon does come up they'll end up having some Matriarch spin-off as the top tier unit.

If this happens, please rename the faction to Dark Elves or something. Blackies are too iconic to be missing out of the Dungeon.
For me, the Dungeon died with Heroes V. All that catering to the masses with the (thanks to Salvatore) popular dark elves, replacing all but 3 units of the faction... Dungeon was and should be about warlocks leading armies of monsters created/enslaved by them, with the Black Dragons at the forefront. I never cared for the whole direction Ubisoft took the faction.

Considering Heroes VI (due to some idiotic reason I still fail to grasp, and these developers are hungarians like I am) will not have any dragon units, and Heroes V dropping all but the minotaur and hydra, I agree with the poster that if they use a Dark Elf town, just call it something else and instead of a warlock, use some Matriarch or Swordmaster heroes, leave the warlock for a possible expansion with a proper dungeon town.

MattII
Demon
Demon

Re: No Blackies = please no Dungeon

Unread postby MattII » 27 Apr 2011, 05:07

BB Shockwave wrote:For me, the Dungeon died with Heroes V. All that catering to the masses with the (thanks to Salvatore) popular dark elves, replacing all but 3 units of the faction... Dungeon was and should be about warlocks leading armies of monsters created/enslaved by them, with the Black Dragons at the forefront. I never cared for the whole direction Ubisoft took the faction.
Agreed, although the argument of which creatures to have could be interesting, considering that Centaurs, Griffins and Gargoyles had, until then, done as much time with the Warlocks as Troglodytes, Beholders and Medusae.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Apr 2011, 09:00

Thelonious wrote:
Infiltrator wrote:BD bosses or not - I don't care much, I'm just glad they're gonna be in the expansion as the lvl 7 creature of dungeon.
I'm not so sure about that... but one can always hope ;)
Or we could find out where he lives and make sure he knows the price of failing us after making those insinuations...

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 28 Apr 2011, 20:32

Why they couldn't just make the Dungeon an evil wizard faction is beyond me. They probably thought

1. Take Dungeon
2. Add Dark Elves
3. ?
4. Profit

Btw, I want the manticore back in town!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Apr 2011, 11:30

Because the town had to be race based... and they already did the wizard "race"...

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 29 Apr 2011, 15:16

ThunderTitan wrote:Because the town had to be race based
That was one of the dumbest ***** ideas, second only to scrapping excellent original universe and replacing it with crappy half-assed Ashan, which lore is mostly based on aspects stolen from WarCraft and Disciples universes =\
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

Mlai
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mlai » 01 May 2011, 13:16

Mark me down as 1 of those ppl who actually liked H5 creatures and gameworld. Because I played H2 but skipped H3-5.

What's wrong with playing with Warhammerish DE? As if there's another good TBS out there featuring Warhammerish DE? Do you see a Heroes of Warhammer 5? No? Well there you go, what's the issue?

I hear the older HOMMs gameworld have UFOs??? WTF is that stupid crap? I'm so glad I'm playing in Ashan and not some medieval fantasy world that somehow has UFOs and Dungeon creatures blatantly ripping off AD&D. I played enough AD&D PC games that I don't need to play with AD&D ripoffs like Beholders, thank you very much.

[/anger at all the abuse against H5]

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 14 May 2011, 10:41

This has much to do with black dragons being in the game ;|
Infiltrator out.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 14 May 2011, 12:41

Infiltrator wrote:This has much to do with black dragons being in the game ;|
You're right. Topic has been split.
Discussion continues here
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 14 May 2011, 15:17

Inflammatory posts removed. Be nice.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 May 2011, 20:57

Mlai wrote: What's wrong with playing with Warhammerish DE? As if there's another good TBS out there featuring Warhammerish DE? Do you see a Heroes of Warhammer 5? No? Well there you go, what's the issue?
Didn't i already reply to this?! Or was that in another thread? EDIT: Oh, they put that post in the split thread. IT DOESN'T"T BELONG THERE MODS. It's the first one by me, you should see it easy.

Anyway, Warhammer Mark of Chaos: Battle March was a half TBS half RTS expansion that had the DE as a full faction (and MoC had them as Dogs of War).

Here's some video proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX7jCzjg8mc

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 03 Jul 2011, 15:05

Something from Heroes Community:

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

More pictures (and theory about them) here.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”