Asking The Devs - What Do You Want To Know?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 08 Apr 2011, 18:37

There will be some new info coming our way very soon... Hopefully some of the questions in this topic will be answered. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Neidhaart
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Neidhaart » 09 Apr 2011, 06:07

That makes me happy!
"I did put the fires out."
"You made them worse!"
"Worse?!... Or better?"

Romanov77
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Romanov77 » 09 Apr 2011, 11:30

Will the game be decently optimized?

Will it run nicely on middle-range cards like 9800gt?

Ar.Pi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Ar.Pi » 11 Apr 2011, 15:53

"Will it run nicely on middle-range cards like 9800gt?"

Probably yes. From few videos I've seen that graphics are not way better than Heroes 5, and unless devs messed up completely it will run more than fine on 9800GT.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 12 Apr 2011, 14:27

HVI has been postponed to June. Can we exept more maps in-game then these 10 mentioned in some preview/interview? And will Dragon Pass map be in HVI?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Apr 2011, 19:17

Avonu wrote:HVI has been postponed to June. Can we exept more maps in-game then these 10 mentioned in some preview/interview? And will Dragon Pass map be in HVI?
Heh, June....

Ar.Pi wrote:Probably yes. From few videos I've seen that graphics are not way better than Heroes 5, and unless devs messed up completely it will run more than fine on 9800GT.
Using your eyes only tells little about sys reqs unless we're talking about a known factor like Blizzard...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 11 May 2011, 06:29

About Inferno magic hero. It's Warlock, yes? And we have male and female Warlocks, yes? And Warlock is male equivalent of Witch IIRC, yes?
So female Warlock full name shouldn't be Female Male Witch? :P

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 11 May 2011, 07:20

On Enroth there were female Warlocks ;) Though the only Warlock commander was Sephinroth.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 12 May 2011, 11:22

But they were class per se (and we had Witch class too), not rip off inspired by Warhammer chaos worshippers. ;)

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 12 May 2011, 11:35

Of course. Warlocks of original MM were actually Dark Druids. Though they don't exactly consider themselves dark sorcerers, rather of the Path of Twilight.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

sylvanllewelyn
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby sylvanllewelyn » 14 Jun 2011, 11:56

I have 2 questions for Devs.

1) When my town is attacked, do I have the option to "Sally", as in move my units out and fight a field battle rather than a siege battle? Sometimes I don't want to fight behind walls for tactical reasons.

2) Looking at units from the official page, is it true that only Haven as a "basic" tier unit that is ranged? I ask because in Heroes 1-5, ranged units or the lack of has strong implications on early development.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jun 2011, 14:19

sylvanllewelyn wrote: 1) When my town is attacked, do I have the option to "Sally", as in move my units out and fight a field battle rather than a siege battle? Sometimes I don't want to fight behind walls for tactical reasons.
Now see, this is something you should have suggested a long time ago to have a chance of it being included...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Heroes V-VI”