Shadow Guild

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Bowerbank
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Shadow Guild

Unread postby Bowerbank » 09 May 2011, 06:54

I was playing through might and magic 6 for the countless number of times with a full knight party. I have only just discovered the secret mini dungeon there with genies! It's a shame there was no worthy treasure there though! It seems I always find something unrecognised every play through, hoping for the secret cow level next.

Spin
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Spin » 09 May 2011, 07:39

It is crazy how much extra goodies 3DO put into their games. Mainly because they're virtually undocumented, you can play through MM6 numerous times and find something new every time. If you haven't done the 'bad ending' i suggest you also try that (just blow up the hive without doing all the main quests). It's quite a lot harder without ancient weapons as well as the fact that the Hive respawns every 7 days.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Re: Shadow Guild

Unread postby tolich » 09 May 2011, 08:31

Bowerbank wrote:I was playing through might and magic 6 for the countless number of times with a full knight party. I have only just discovered the secret mini dungeon there with genies! It's a shame there was no worthy treasure there though! It seems I always find something unrecognised every play through, hoping for the secret cow level next.
It's the Spiral. If you set up a Lloyd beacon in the centre, it will serve you as a fast portal to four different locations.
It seems that all them are accessible through one LB location (Castle Ironfist) anyway, but this way is way faster.

unknownone
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby unknownone » 09 May 2011, 22:35

How do you get in that dungeon?
I've played and enjoyed many RPGs:
MM6,MM7,MM8,MM9, Fallout 1&2, Planescape Torment, Torment: ToN, TES3, TES4

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 09 May 2011, 23:08

It's inside the shadow guild, which essentially needs Greyface's or MOK's patch to open, then there's a location somewhere inside, a room full of sparks constantly casted, which leads to a teleporter into the Thief Master's bedroom, where there is some kind of door that teleports you once again, this time into the Spiral, which has 4 doors, each leading to a teleporter to a different location in Enroth.

Whew, talk about run on sentences :D

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 10 May 2011, 05:26

MMXAlamar wrote:essentially needs Greyface's or MOK's patch to open
No, it doesn't. I used it in vanilla 1.2 (that means the official patch). :)
MMXAlamar wrote:which leads to a teleporter into the Thief Master's bedroom
You must jump on all certain pieces of floor (to hear 'click' or 'co-click'), and don't jump to other ones, or the sequence will reset. The real pain of the shadow guild is that it resets every time you save and load the game.
MMXAlamar wrote:4 doors, each leading to a teleporter to a different location in Enroth.
You will be asked to solve some riddles, probably inspired by J.R.R.T. legacy.

unknownone
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby unknownone » 10 May 2011, 22:46

Thank you, I'll try getting there as soon as I can!
I've played and enjoyed many RPGs:
MM6,MM7,MM8,MM9, Fallout 1&2, Planescape Torment, Torment: ToN, TES3, TES4

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

I have gone through that room of traps dozens of times...

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 12 May 2011, 04:02

Just stay on the weird flooring in the room and jump from place to place around the room seeing the "Ca-Click", "Click" text that appears jumping on the flooring, if you step off the weird flooring a ring of sparks triggers which means you must start the process over again. Move around the room until you are teleported to the master thief's room where a genie will greet you when you open the door, but beware this will set your temp magic resistance to 15 if you drank a potion of super resistance.
Genies actually can drop pretty good items if your just killing time waiting for dawn (stores to open). There is no limit to how many Genies you can kill in the master thief's room.

Return to “Might and Magic”