Tavern Heroes

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Tavern Heroes

Unread postby Akul » 03 May 2011, 11:32

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/777
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Tavern Heroes

Unread postby Akul » 03 May 2011, 11:32

I like the way Lord Jaywoods thinks :D
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

darmo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Tavern Heroes

Unread postby darmo » 05 May 2011, 01:06

Lord Haart??

The one who was dead in H3 live again in H6??

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 05 May 2011, 11:23

It seems that the whole week's lineup has been released on the Chinese page. Oh, well. Since I don't speak Chinese, I'll just update this page when the bios come out on Facebook. Nice pics, though.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 05 May 2011, 11:31

New Sanctuary heroes look ugly. And I think I saw Tsuan in other game... as a Dwarf. Same for Mokka - isn't she a little similar to Jaheira? Or maybe it's because her hair?

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 05 May 2011, 15:42

Kalah wrote:Oh, well. Since I don't speak Chinese
Almost readable - translate
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 May 2011, 16:04

Looks at that, some non-faction-race heroes for each faction... too bad they're still only humans...

Hey Marzhin, where's Maximus and Halon.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 05 May 2011, 17:26

Dalai wrote:
Kalah wrote:Oh, well. Since I don't speak Chinese
Almost readable - translate
Their bios already were on Failbook when you posted that. :P

BTW I think this version of Grawl Lorhish is much better:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 May 2011, 17:33

Lack of a nose always helps...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 05 May 2011, 19:11

...spiked ears and snow white hair also.

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 05 May 2011, 20:14

ThunderTitan wrote:Hey Marzhin, where's Maximus and Halon.
Halon is a genie and he was is a Wizard hero in both H2 and H3 :p Although Wizard town didn't have genies in H2.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 May 2011, 10:41

Yeah, but a green genie (when i never saw a green genie unit in HoMM) and a blue elf (should have included Kastore, but it slipped my mind) are better then the way H5 handled it.

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 06 May 2011, 19:14

Kastore in HoMM I-II is non-canonical, he just fills out the roster like most of the heroes in these games, not having any storyline or bio. Canonical heroes in HoMM I-II are those who had the storyline in these or future games: Halon, Lord Kilburn, Lord Haart, Sandro, Yog, Falagar, Gem, Fineous, Crag Hack, Luna and Alamar. Kastore is canonical in MM III and MM VII. Incuding "a Kastore" would have made a good tribute to the main MM series for a change, though.

I hope Crag Hack mentioned in Heroes VI is Crag Hack from Enroth (human Barbarian from HoMM I-IV), who somehow arrived on Ashan. The side story about his arrival is a good way to link Ashan with the original universe.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 06 May 2011, 19:18

Why aren't they canonical in H1-2? Did NWC ever confirm such a thing in an interview, or is it just because you said so? :P

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 06 May 2011, 19:23

Corlagon wrote:Why aren't they canonical in H1-2? Did NWC ever confirm such a thing in an interview, or is it just because you said so?
First of all, lower your tone, please -_-

Well, the roster of tavern heroes in H1-2 is mostly made from "recycled" characters from MM 1-5. These heroes had no biographies (like heroes in H3-4) and were basically filling out the rosters. Only few of them were integrated into the storyline, being namesakes of respective characters from MM1-5. Including all of them into the storyline would have been redundant and made too much "clone" characters. There would be two Kastores, two Carlawns, etc.

Of course, they could all be treated as part of the storyline, Enroth is a far away planet after all, but most of these "namesake heroes" haven't got any storyline in the games.

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 06 May 2011, 19:26

XEL II wrote:Well, the roster of tavern heroes in H1-2 is mostly made from "recycled" characters from MM 1-5. These heroes had no biographies (like heroes in H3-4) and were basically filling out the rosters.
It's somewhat similar to how heroes from H3 could be hired in Heroes Chronicles (WotW, CotU, MotE, TWT, TFM) maps.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 06 May 2011, 19:28

That's not much of a reason to exclude them from the lore.

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 06 May 2011, 19:34

Corlagon wrote:That's not much of a reason to exclude them from the lore.
As I said, including them all would have been somewhat redundant. But as I also said (in the next sentecne :p), one might as well do so without a problem. For instance, Kastore of H1-2 is is clearly not Kastore of MM III, they look differently.

Enroth is far away from XEEN and Terra and CRON is always moving and there can be many namesake in the whole universe (heck, there is a motherload of namesakes on one Earth ;)).

By the way, Atlas is the same Atlas of Olympus from XEEN, as pointed in MM VI. Apparently, some of the Olympus race travelled to Enroth in the past (there are Hermes' Sandals, artifact named Zeus, Atlas and several others).

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 06 May 2011, 19:43

I know there is a good argument that they don't count as real characters. The issue is just that you said "Kastore is non canonical" and not "it's my belief that he is".

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 06 May 2011, 19:55

That's the issue just for you.

Return to “Articles”