HVI units (images)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 26 Apr 2011, 22:12

Did we really need so many not-too-original looking generic female units? First the two spirits in Haven, then the water sprites in the naga town and then the snow maidens in the same town... they look kinda too similar to me, especially the spirits and the sprites.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Apr 2011, 09:13

Well we can't have all the palette swaps be male, now can we...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 27 Apr 2011, 20:57

Spring spirit official.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 27 Apr 2011, 22:23

Pukie.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Apr 2011, 06:20

Kalah wrote:Spring spirit official.

I like how the upgrade gets a metal bra...

Pukie.
Now i want someone to mod the model with some rotting green textures... Puke Spirit FTW.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 28 Apr 2011, 13:13

Kalah wrote:Spring spirit official.
For those who are interested, "Mizu Kami" means "water god," so this time the upgrade isn't just a translation of the the base unit (or vice-versa, depending on how you look at it)
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Apr 2011, 11:36

I think kami translated as god isn't as accurate as if you use spirit instead.

ChimTheGrim
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ChimTheGrim » 04 May 2011, 03:53

ThunderTitan wrote:I think kami translated as god isn't as accurate as if you use spirit instead.
It means both... check the 2nd definition:
http://www.jisho.org/words?jap=kami&eng=&dict=edict

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 May 2011, 12:29

ChimTheGrim wrote:
ThunderTitan wrote:I think kami translated as god isn't as accurate as if you use spirit instead.
Of course it does because there's no 100% equivalent word for it.

But seeing how all the supernatural things are kami spirit is closer then god.

ChimTheGrim
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ChimTheGrim » 05 May 2011, 21:08

ThunderTitan wrote:
ChimTheGrim wrote:
Of course it does because there's no 100% equivalent word for it.

But seeing how all the supernatural things are kami spirit is closer then god.
You would have to ask Ubisoft for that. The word Kami is used as "spirit" just as much as "God." I studied abroad in Japan and lived in a suburb of Tokyo for a year. My understanding of Japanese is conversational. I also attended church while I was there a few times. The word "kami" is commonly used as "God." So ask ubi "What is the intended use of the word?"

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 05 May 2011, 23:10

ChimTheGrim wrote: So ask ubi "What is the intended use of the word?"
If by "ask ubi," you mean, "send death threat to ubi," I think that might motivate him more...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 May 2011, 09:49

ChimTheGrim wrote:You would have to ask Ubisoft for that. The word Kami is used as "spirit" just as much as "God." I studied abroad in Japan and lived in a suburb of Tokyo for a year. My understanding of Japanese is conversational. I also attended church while I was there a few times. The word "kami" is commonly used as "God." So ask ubi "What is the intended use of the word?"
Spirit is more accurate because it can be used to refer to gods too (the Holy Spirit is in the Trinity even)... while "god" is usually for a type of ruling type spirit...

Basically they simply didn't have a different word for the type of spirit the western world calls a god, even if they did have beings that qualify.

Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kami

ChimTheGrim
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ChimTheGrim » 09 May 2011, 01:36

ThunderTitan wrote:
ChimTheGrim wrote:You would have to ask Ubisoft for that. The word Kami is used as "spirit" just as much as "God." I studied abroad in Japan and lived in a suburb of Tokyo for a year. My understanding of Japanese is conversational. I also attended church while I was there a few times. The word "kami" is commonly used as "God." So ask ubi "What is the intended use of the word?"
Spirit is more accurate because it can be used to refer to gods too (the Holy Spirit is in the Trinity even)... while "god" is usually for a type of ruling type spirit...

Basically they simply didn't have a different word for the type of spirit the western world calls a god, even if they did have beings that qualify.

Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kami
I was standing in a Catholic Church in Kawagoe, Saitama, Japan and listening to the priest say "KAMI WA.....(insert random old Japanese language I can't understand" over and over for like an hour on several occasions. Kami is used as God. Kami does mean Spirit, thus you need to ask Ubi the intended use.

Wikipedia is not a good source of information. Don't use it unless you're too lazy to find a real source.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 09 May 2011, 06:20

Man, you have some really serious problems to solve here...

ChimTheGrim
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ChimTheGrim » 09 May 2011, 14:33

Good point--it doesn't really matter either way.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 May 2011, 21:12

ChimTheGrim wrote:I was standing in a Catholic Church in Kawagoe, Saitama, Japan and listening to the priest say "KAMI WA.....(insert random old Japanese language I can't understand" over and over for like an hour on several occasions. Kami is used as God. Kami does mean Spirit, thus you need to ask Ubi the intended use.
Never said it's not used for God or gods... just that the way it's used, for everything including what we'd call demons or ogres it's closer to how we use the word spirit.

ChimTheGrim wrote:Wikipedia is not a good source of information. Don't use it unless you're too lazy to find a real source.

Wikipedia was links to sources... unless you can quote the sources directly it's good enough.

And no sources are ever 100% good, you make with what you have, and if someone give a better source that disproves yours then the argument is theirs until you find an even better one or something.

parcaleste wrote:Man, you have some really serious problems to solve here...
We're on a gaming forum... what of any real world importance are we discussing in the 1st place?

ChimTheGrim
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ChimTheGrim » 23 May 2011, 14:36

ThunderTitan wrote:
ChimTheGrim wrote:I was standing in a Catholic Church in Kawagoe, Saitama, Japan and listening to the priest say "KAMI WA.....(insert random old Japanese language I can't understand" over and over for like an hour on several occasions. Kami is used as God. Kami does mean Spirit, thus you need to ask Ubi the intended use.
Never said it's not used for God or gods... just that the way it's used, for everything including what we'd call demons or ogres it's closer to how we use the word spirit.

ChimTheGrim wrote:Wikipedia is not a good source of information. Don't use it unless you're too lazy to find a real source.

Wikipedia was links to sources... unless you can quote the sources directly it's good enough.

And no sources are ever 100% good, you make with what you have, and if someone give a better source that disproves yours then the argument is theirs until you find an even better one or something.

parcaleste wrote:Man, you have some really serious problems to solve here...
We're on a gaming forum... what of any real world importance are we discussing in the 1st place?
I used to think wikipedia was a good source of information until I had to do 18 page reports in college and I'm now interning. Trust me and go to a library and read many of the different books on any topic you are interested. The information is way more accurate and interesting overall. I was just reading a chapter on the history of Benjamin Franklin's life from an American history book and the information is so detailed on the time period because the people who write the information are actually held accountable by other scholars. People on Wikipedia are held accountable by other lazy retards like myself.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 May 2011, 20:52

Why would you use any -pedia as a source for a serious work is beyond me... encyclopaedias are all about the amount of info on a lot of things and low on details... if you want to go into details you use a book written about only the subject you're interested in (and always compare with other works on the subject).

But for the internet wikipedia is fine... that's not to say that a better source won't be accepted.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 12 Jun 2011, 19:41

According to my sources, there's some info about neutrals coming next week ... :rumor:

:oex:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 13 Jun 2011, 07:51

I only hope Ubisoft won't release only elementals which we saw already.
I think much of us want to see phoenix, siren and hear state about wolves on this picture.

EDIT:
Earth Elemental :(
Added to first post.

EDIT:
Picture of Air Elemental :( also added.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”