A question and answer with Marzhin and xhane

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

A question and answer with Marzhin and xhane

Unread postby Mirez » 23 Apr 2011, 18:03

a question and answer with Marzhin and Xhane... somewhat

part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSD1d4uo ... r_embedded
part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n01iggq97gI

seems there will customizable heroes
there will be 8 neutral creatures and 8 bosses

interesting quote
it doesn't mean that in the future we won't have factions with dragons as champions. I think you'll agree that some factions cannot exist without a dragon in their line-up. Finally, one of you remarked that leaving the black dragons out was a bad idea. But who said anything about leaving them out?
I'm pretty sure the elves will be featured in future expansions
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Blocks100
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Blocks100 » 23 Apr 2011, 18:40

Re-launching HOMM without one of its most iconic units is folly. Suggesting it may reappear in some distant expansion really is the worst kind of carrot-dangling that wont appease fans, it just irritates them.

Sanctuary should've been held back for the expansion. Not sacrificing two factions to make way for it. We've got an Underground tileset, but no faction to call it home - bizarre!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 23 Apr 2011, 20:08

Ehm ... you know that this was discussed back in February, right ... ?

We printed it in the news and everything.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 23 Apr 2011, 20:36

Blocks100 wrote:Re-launching HOMM without one of its most iconic units is folly. Suggesting it may reappear in some distant expansion
That's one hell of an assumption there.

MattII
Demon
Demon

Unread postby MattII » 23 Apr 2011, 20:42

Blocks100 wrote:Re-launching HOMM without one of its most iconic units is folly. Suggesting it may reappear in some distant expansion really is the worst kind of carrot-dangling that wont appease fans, it just irritates them.
Yeah, just like not having orcs in H5 vanilla irritated fans.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 23 Apr 2011, 22:32

Kalah wrote:Ehm ... you know that this was discussed back in February, right ... ?

We printed it in the news and everything.
It's one of your mods that started this :D
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 23 Apr 2011, 22:49

I know. :D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 24 Apr 2011, 16:08

well it seems most people ignored/didn't see it because even recently people were complaining about lack of black dragons and weather or not the elves will be available, even though it becomes pretty clear in the vid
I'm well aware this isn't news but it's new information for the h6 section.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 24 Apr 2011, 22:12

Well, I guess it would have been weirder had there been Titans but no Dragons. Maybe I'm wrong when I suspect Sylvan and Dungeon are going to be coming back at the same time. Maybe it'll be Dungeon and Academy just because of the classic "Dragons versus Titans" gameplay.
Personally I just want to see Dungeon without the Dark Elves bullshit. Maybe it would just be a collection of creatures that worship Black Dragons. While the Heroes 5 Dungeon units fit together more, the Heroes 3 units actually complimented each other better tactically. For instance, all three shooters (I'm including harpies here as a shooter) in HoMM3's Dungeon were competent in melee combat. This allowed you to hassle the enemy without really having to protect your shooters, allowing you freedom of playstyle, which was needed to protect your Black Dragons against creatures like Behemoths and Gorgons.
If there's no Dark Elves in Dungeon this time, then Sylvan wouldn't have to come back at the same time. Alternatively, if they do have Dark Elves, then they should make the Sylvan champion unit a Phoenix. Why? Because it makes alot more sense to have Phoenix versus Dragon rather than Dragon versus differently colored Dragon.

I know it would be the first time that more than 1 factions appear in an expansion, but also this is the fewest factions in a HoMM game as of yet. Meh. Maybe they're not even aiming for having all the factions at the end. I really think the series is losing it's roots the more and more games we go away from HoMM 3 :tired:
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 25 Apr 2011, 04:01

Blocks100 wrote:Re-launching HOMM without one of its most iconic units is folly. Suggesting it may reappear in some distant expansion really is the worst kind of carrot-dangling that wont appease fans, it just irritates them.
Most true... :disagree:
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 25 Apr 2011, 13:50

Macros the Black wrote: I know it would be the first time that more than 1 factions appear in an expansion, but also this is the fewest factions in a HoMM game as of yet. Meh. Maybe they're not even aiming for having all the factions at the end. I really think the series is losing it's roots the more and more games we go away from HoMM 3 :tired:
Actually, the fewest factions in an HoMM game is 4, in the first one...
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Apr 2011, 20:07

Muszka wrote:
Most true... :disagree:

After H5 i think taking a break from all the dragons isn't a bad idea... even if taking out(or renaming them in case of the Angel) the other classic lvl7's is odd...

And as long as we get the other factions in an expansion i don't see that much reason to complain, it's not like you can't just wait until the faction you want comes out to purchase the game...

And either way someone's favourite faction gets left out, even if for some people that's a whole new faction.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Heroes V-VI”