Randomness - vol. IV

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 01 Apr 2011, 10:33

@Koni and Pol: Please see the Sighisoara thread. The project is not cancelled (as Koni already knows ;) )

I was feeling deeply frustrated as I wrote the previous message in this page. But I managed to overcome the crappy mood and calmly proceeded to write new stories and add that new material into the campaign. Yay for me.

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 01 Apr 2011, 12:56

My boyfriend is meeting some of my family tonight....am a little bit nervous :D
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 01 Apr 2011, 14:05

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:My boyfriend is meeting some of my family tonight....am a little bit nervous :D
Oh, yes may be you will re-sort it to this thread instead.

Later. :P
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 01 Apr 2011, 15:16

I'm going on a weekend trip. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Apr 2011, 18:05

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:My boyfriend is meeting some of my family tonight....am a little bit nervous :D
Out of line pranking is the best way to diffuse any situation...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 06 Apr 2011, 23:12

Bedtime.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 12 Apr 2011, 18:05

'laxin' on the couch ... :)

:snore:

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 12 Apr 2011, 20:08

Cocoa and comedy.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 13 Apr 2011, 10:10

Easter soon. You know what that means ... :)

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 13 Apr 2011, 11:00

...that you'll be sweeping some girl off her feet with chocolate bunnies and pastel-colored m&m's?
Peace. Love. Penguin.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 13 Apr 2011, 13:21

Yes, that.

And what else? :oex:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 19 Apr 2011, 18:26

I have a problem with my newly-purchased car; the ESP System seems to be malfunctioning. Took it to a local shop a week ago and got a quote for the repairs.

$1600. 8|

Riiiight, I thought - that's not gonna happen, seeing as I only bought it 6 months ago. So today, I took it the the seller, and claimed they mend it in accordance with the rights offered to me in the Norwegian consumer purchase law. They said they "really couldn't afford to do that kind of thing". :disagree: So, now I've had to write an official demand that they take responsibility and mend the problem ... urgh ... :|

Well, at least they've lost any chance of my accepting a deal where we share the expenses. I'm on the warpath now. You don't reject Kalah's demands when he knows he's got the law on his side. :gun:

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 21 Apr 2011, 17:53

Nothing in this world that I've been trying can equal or surpass the art of dying.
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 23 Apr 2011, 20:30

Yurian, everything OK? :|

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 24 Apr 2011, 19:32

Mooh. :)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Apr 2011, 18:23

Yurian Stonebow wrote:Nothing in this world that I've been trying can equal or surpass the art of dying.
Well the french do seem to like "la petite mort" just fine... and so do most non-puritans.

Also, actual death went out of style once everyone started doing it...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 28 Apr 2011, 21:20

What do you thing about SE Xperia NEO? Any touch, experience?

Please boast about it! :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Apr 2011, 11:20

I'd suggest waiting for low cost dual core phones before you get a new smartphone... though that NEO does look nice.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 29 Apr 2011, 19:13

I have Vivaz now and what really get me is, that it's a dead end for SE Symbian phones. Its price already dropped drastically (virtually to a third), firmware get crippled, own SE suite still doesn't support it completely and most of function 'being considered' are simply being removed.

Still it's a very good phone.
  • + sleek design, video recording (slow start though, even more for taking just a snapshot), usable audio, fast - for symbian phones, somewhat simple and straightforward organisation. For a smartphone last long on a batery, 2-5days.
  • - required me to buy QuickOffice, pdfreader, Xplore, Photo Viewer & LCG Jukebox. No need to mention class 6 micro sdhc card. No usable RDP due to screen resolution and no calls recording possible due to SE fw restriction. Heating your ear when you're calling, you can't see from whom is received sms message and it's not having usable quick or last contacts (like every stupid se phone).
    Also in noisy environment you need to switch output to internal loudspeaker, which is almost everytime. (Note: Majority of stupied SE phones was very silent in calls, which was a feature to protect your ears. Sadly until you stayed in echoic chamber it wasn't possible to hear anything. Imagine tram in background and you're heard but do not hear.) Some media content indexing bugs and some others with handling the calls and I'm finally done.
Afaik Xperia Neo is solving some of these issues but I will be waiting, year or more, to really judge it. My trust to SE diminshed more than a little and I'm close to being pissed. (As previous owner of T68i and W890i)

!--------------------------------------------------------------!
And yes, for all owners of Sony Playstation who purchased anything in their shop (game likely), be so kind block it asap, all data from Sony PS shop get stolen.
Even my bank put an official warning, it happened a month ago (Of course, why to inform public in that time, why not to wait. Typical strategy.) all credit card's data, including security codes from transaction histories, were compromised!
!--------------------------------------------------------------!

Links:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 30 Apr 2011, 19:09

My knee is acting up again ... if it's not the one thing preventing me from having an active ref's career, it's the other ... :grumpy:

I hope it's just a grumbling pain and nothing serious; if I have to withdraw from another season, I'm quitting altogether. Five seasons ruined by injuries is more than enough.

Return to “Campfire”