Might & Magic 10: Artists & Writers Wanted!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 31 Mar 2011, 16:08

jeff wrote:That is the only way you can hope to finish a project like this. BDJ was very strict about deadlines during TCCs development.
Human nature being what it is, it needs some pressure to get things accomplished, even if it is for projects that are just for fun.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 31 Mar 2011, 20:46

Angelspit wrote:
jeff wrote:That is the only way you can hope to finish a project like this. BDJ was very strict about deadlines during TCCs development.
Human nature being what it is, it needs some pressure to get things accomplished, even if it is for projects that are just for fun.
Exactly, BDJ did give when needed, but there were hard set deadlines, mostly because of issues in his real life that forced the deadlines. Unfortunately not all of Vlad's new creatures were ready for the final release, though more were going to be added (I don't how many more were included). The proof is in the result, it was finished and it ended up being pretty good. Now your project may be too early for deadlines, but when you speak of willing to work for a couple more years, that does not inspire confidence. When BDJ recruited us we knew the dates of the alph, beta and final release. We made them all.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 01 Apr 2011, 01:32

GreatEmerald wrote:In my opinion, deadlines are not very useful and can lead to hasty and unfinished products more than actually working ones. A great example is 3DO itself. But a roadmap is a good idea, as long as you don't follow it blindly - if something needs polishing, you need to go and polish it instead of releasing it just because the deadline is there.
Yes, point well taken. I believe in reasonable deadlines, so all of our developers will be given plenty of time to complete their parts of the project. It's going to be my attempt at stress-free deadlines so the job not only gets done, but it gets done well or even beyond expectations. By no means will I have low standards, though.
jeff wrote:Exactly, BDJ did give when needed, but there were hard set deadlines, mostly because of issues in his real life that forced the deadlines. Unfortunately not all of Vlad's new creatures were ready for the final release, though more were going to be added (I don't how many more were included). The proof is in the result, it was finished and it ended up being pretty good. Now your project may be too early for deadlines, but when you speak of willing to work for a couple more years, that does not inspire confidence. When BDJ recruited us we knew the dates of the alph, beta and final release. We made them all.
We'll take Vlad's extra creatures :D When I say the project may take a couple years, I mean it. This doesn't mean it will in reality, but I want it to take a couple of years because the result will be that much greater.

I've decided on a "release plan" where we will work on MM10 in three parts. Each part will be a continent, and essentially they will be similar in concept to World of Xeen, where players had two different lands/games to explore, as well as an abundance of crossover quests. MM10 will have the three parts/lands of Rysh, Lodwar, and Channon. If possible, we may release playable demos in the future of each of the continents, but we're nowhere near that stage yet. I remember that TCC was released in two parts. Although they weren't crossover games where you could go back and forth, it was still the equivalent of developing two separate games.

In summary, accomplishments every week and every month is one of my production goals. I think that two years with these accomplishment deadlines spread out over them is certainly possible, and with all of that work put into it, the game will be more than just excellent. Still, there's a lot of planning and outlining to be done.

-Ari

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 02 Apr 2011, 00:16

MMXAlamar wrote: I remember that TCC was released in two parts. Although they weren't crossover games where you could go back and forth, it was still the equivalent of developing two separate games.-Ari
Obviously I wish you good luck. Part 2 of the TCC was all BDJ, I knew nothing of it until it was close to being released, and I believe Vlad found out about the time I did. ;|
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 09 Apr 2011, 14:31

I'd like to be part of this.

Still need people?
Last edited by Sure Valla on 17 Apr 2013, 19:28, edited 1 time in total.

Thommesen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Thommesen » 09 Apr 2011, 15:40

Long time lurker with no faith for this project (due to obvious reasons). However, as all vivid fans of mm6-8 I honestly want this to work out. Thus I want to help. I can initially help with re-reading what's already done, and correct typos, spelling mistakes, critique storyline, characters and so on.

If I find it at all appealing I'll put my time into helping with the writing. However writing an entire game is alot of work. Theres an enormous amount of text in our favorite games. And it would have to be very organized work, probably with some kinda responsible editor. With an editor someone would always be in complete control of the tasks at hand, and who's doing what, and when their done with it, and what they are going to next.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 09 Apr 2011, 16:32

probably with some kinda responsible editor. With an editor someone would always be in complete control of the tasks at hand, and who's doing what, and when their done with it, and what they are going to next.
That would be me, although I've had next to no time recently due to a barrage of exams in June.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 09 Apr 2011, 17:04

Sure Valla wrote:I'd like to be part of this.

I can help with:

Writers section,
-Storyline
-Quests
-Dialogues
-Item Descriptions
-Journals
-Area Descriptions
-Character Ideas
-Histories

Still need people?
Yeah, we could still use a few extra hands! It sounds like you can help out with a lot of different things, Sure Valla. I'll send you a PM with more details.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 09 Apr 2011, 18:21

i still could assist in creature sprite creation if you found a way how to import them as BDJ did for TCC but do not press me much because I'm doing my diploma now but will have some free time for some extreamly important creatures.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 09 Apr 2011, 23:46

vladimir-maestro wrote:i still could assist in creature sprite creation if you found a way how to import them as BDJ did for TCC but do not press me much because I'm doing my diploma now but will have some free time for some extreamly important creatures.
Fantastic! I'm so happy you've posted Vlad, I love the work you did on the TCC monsters!

Life is of more importance than MM10 for all of our developers, so we completely understand that some people just don't have the time.

Do you know when you're going to be all finished with your diploma?

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 10 Apr 2011, 08:15

in few days i had to complete science-development part of a diploma. protection will be in 3 weeks.
the main part, diploma project will be in the begining of the summer.
science-development is the most hard part for me and i will have some time after it.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 10 Apr 2011, 13:05

Cant register to MMX forum, is now week and dont received this verify email

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 10 Apr 2011, 18:37

vladimir-maestro wrote:in few days i had to complete science-development part of a diploma. protection will be in 3 weeks.
the main part, diploma project will be in the begining of the summer.
science-development is the most hard part for me and i will have some time after it.
OK sounds good. You should probably send me, Corlagon, or Vector an email when you have the free time.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 10 Apr 2011, 20:46

koval321 wrote:Cant register to MMX forum, is now week and dont received this verify email
There have been some strange things going on with the Gaming Universe website...I suggest you send an admin (maybe Rowan) an email about not being able to create an account. You could also try to create a new account, or have them resend you a validation email.

Let me know if you're still having trouble with it once you try all that.

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 19 Apr 2011, 06:57

Created second accound, resend validation, no results.

Return to “Might and Magic”