April Fools

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

April Fools

Unread postby Kalah » 31 Mar 2011, 23:39

Anybody fool you yet? I haven't been tricked for years, but this year April 1st didn't even last one hour until I fell for it ...

What was the joke? My freakin' PC game tricked me! 8|

(click image to enlarge)

Basically, what's happened here is that while playing Football Manager, and the game date reached April 1st at the same time as the real life date was April 1st, I got a message saying that I am getting a huge chunk of cash to spend on new players and a new stadium. The reason I fell for it, was that at this stage in the game, the club is quite rich, and I have been telling the board that it's time to expand the stadium ...

I hate the guys who put this in the game.

I think it's one of the best April Fools ever. :tsup:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 01 Apr 2011, 00:02

Nothing yet. There were some lame attempts, but as long as you remember what date it is it's not really hard to avoid falling for those.
Infiltrator out.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 01 Apr 2011, 00:39

I still remember the April Fool's joke Christain and the mods on the 3DO forum just before it all folded. That was classic. I will probably stay away or not post tomorrow just to be safe. :D
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 01 Apr 2011, 11:23

At work, we're trying to trick the students into thinking that we will start using school uniforms. We've printed it up as a news story, with pamphlets, on the monitors, everything ... ;)

On the radio, I heard this morning that the Government is going to ban the jokes in the media - the argument being that it reduced the media's trustworthyness. Sound plausible, but it's the first time we've ever heard about this new "law", so ...:creative:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 01 Apr 2011, 12:52

My brother tricked me. My brother! Of all the jokesters I know of he's the worst and I should've seen it coming when he wrote on his FB that he had been headhunted for a manager position for offshore activities in Maersk...
Of course my response was: "Whaaat?!!" :P

Silly me, the guy studied history at the university...doesn't lead to those kinds of jobs..
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 01 Apr 2011, 15:00

Kalah wrote:At work, we're trying to trick the students into thinking that we will start using school uniforms. We've printed it up as a news story, with pamphlets, on the monitors, everything ... ;)

On the radio, I heard this morning that the Government is going to ban the jokes in the media - the argument being that it reduced the media's trustworthyness. Sound plausible, but it's the first time we've ever heard about this new "law", so ...:creative:
That has to be false.
After all, the media IS a joke, and their trustworthiness cannot, IMO be reduced any more than it already has.
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Apr 2011, 18:04

Qurqirish Dragon wrote: That has to be false.
After all, the media IS a joke, and their trustworthiness cannot, IMO be reduced any more than it already has.
Hint, Kalah's flag underwear isn't red, white and blue...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 01 Apr 2011, 18:55

Eh? Assuming he has flag underwear, it'd better be red, white and blue.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Apr 2011, 23:25

Of, i forgot that your flag wasn't a cool 2 colours like Sweden's and that you had that white separating thing... curses, foiled again.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Campfire”