Last faction - Sanctuary

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 27 Mar 2011, 22:14

And what about WWII tank or plane? H5 was having some easter eggs. Same like every previous Heroes game. :)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Neidhaart
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Neidhaart » 28 Mar 2011, 13:40

Pitsu wrote:Yet, imagine that the game and editor lack generic monsters and objects
I did not mean at the exclusion of generic monsters and objects, i think those are important to keep. But just doing the same monsters and objects over and over again only slightly more detailed every time with another feature here and there just gets well, boring in lack of a better word.
"I did put the fires out."
"You made them worse!"
"Worse?!... Or better?"

Romanov77
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Romanov77 » 31 Mar 2011, 07:49

Now, all we have to ask ourselves is how many minutes in the Sanctuary campaign we'll have to endure the "harmony, karma, restore the balance" new ageish speech?

Man, that would make me miss even the Griffin Eternal moments.
And with the passing of strange eons, even death may die.

H.P. Lovecraft - gentleman, writer and dreamer.

Jac
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jac » 31 Mar 2011, 08:16

Romanov77 wrote:Now, all we have to ask ourselves is how many minutes in the Sanctuary campaign we'll have to endure the "harmony, karma, restore the balance" new ageish speech?

What with the whole water theme and (Eastern) philosophy, I have a feeling we'll be seeing something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USlnfTGl ... re=related

Romanov77
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Romanov77 » 31 Mar 2011, 10:25

Jac wrote:
Romanov77 wrote:Now, all we have to ask ourselves is how many minutes in the Sanctuary campaign we'll have to endure the "harmony, karma, restore the balance" new ageish speech?

What with the whole water theme and (Eastern) philosophy, I have a feeling we'll be seeing something like this:
Then I hope that 5/6 of the campaign experience will be about bashing and pillaging this new faction. And the other 1/6 about making fun of their stupid culture.
And with the passing of strange eons, even death may die.

H.P. Lovecraft - gentleman, writer and dreamer.

Neidhaart
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Neidhaart » 31 Mar 2011, 17:19

They should have a hero named Bruce Lee.
"I did put the fires out."
"You made them worse!"
"Worse?!... Or better?"

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 31 Mar 2011, 18:15

Why do you think they don't have?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Apr 2011, 22:58

Jac wrote:

Put an earthquake in water and you have a disaster worse then 2 nukes.
Neidhaart wrote:Generic should not be defacto setting.
Rather then sticking to the one thing that been done since the dawn of time, i think its nice to see some fresh concepts. Things that stay stale have tendency to wither away.

Sure, they may loose some hardcore Heroesfans, but then i think there's an equal chance they will gain more fans just because its not just another generic "seen that, done that" thing with pretty elves and drunk dwarfs.
Yes, a samurai faction is so fresh...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Jac
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jac » 02 Apr 2011, 08:13

I remember being the one who asked for an Eastern style faction, but I am sad to admit that it's just not well-rounded enough. There's too much of Japan-style rubbed in your face. Even the Chinese community were pretty upset with the way they handled the faction. I don't think I should start a history lesson here... but knowing the devs I'm sure they just want to make their game fans happy. Not everyone can be satisfied, but the Japan-style is overlapping everything so much that we can only see Japan, even though China was the origin of the Eastern culture. The devs said it was based on several Asian cultures, yet the overuse of Japanese terms and weaponry is just too much.

On a different note, is there something wrong with my web browser or did they remove the Sanctuary from the official website? I can't find their units lineup anywhere when they were there last time. See link:

http://might-and-magic.ubi.com/heroes-6 ... index.aspx

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 02 Apr 2011, 12:20

No, they removed it. Mistaken early publication, I guess. ;|
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Apr 2011, 12:41

Anyone got any internet way-back machine skills so we can see the page?

But why are they bothering anyway, it's been leaked for ages even before the announcement, and it was always the town everyone believed most likely to be the new one...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Jac
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jac » 02 Apr 2011, 12:43

Mistake?? How is that possible when they have already released their video publication on youtube?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Apr 2011, 12:49

The unit pictures on the site always have come way after the faction reveal video.

I'm guessing they're still running through the units on facebook, and that's why they removed them from the site.

EDIT: Yup: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?fbid= ... aid=294003

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 02 Apr 2011, 13:02

They don't have to wait until all the creatures have been revealed before they put some of them up on that page, though ... :disagree:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Apr 2011, 13:57

No, but i bet the marketing guys where screaming so loud that they decided to just take everything back to make them stop.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 02 Apr 2011, 14:26

Or somebody realized that he had done something he had been told not to do, and hurried to undo it before anybody could notice. :D

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Apr 2011, 19:43

Maybe, but i'm an optimist, so i'm hoping someone suffered.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 02 Apr 2011, 20:41

Introducing some totalitarianism into Ubi? Nice. Spankings for those who mess up; whip lashing for those who are simply useless. :D

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 02 Apr 2011, 23:45

Kalah wrote:Introducing some totalitarianism into Ubi? Nice. Spankings for those who mess up; whip lashing for those who are simply useless. :D
Other than Marzhin who would be left. ;|
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 03 Apr 2011, 10:35

Those who know how to come to heel, and follow orders. :devious:

Return to “Heroes V-VI”