Heroes III and IV Complete Problem

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Fury13
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes III and IV Complete Problem

Unread postby Fury13 » 24 Mar 2011, 16:52

Long time player, finally got the money I needed to return and I bought the Sold Out version of Heroes III and VI Complete, installed it fine and jumped right into III but for some reason my heroes movement seems to stutter and stop during path movement, I changed the horse speed to the fastest but that did not help at all as my hero still constantly stops mid-gallop. My desktop isnt hooked up to the internet and I was wondering if I needed a patch or is it a computer problem, even though im still running XP with the same computer I had the old version for.

Any help?

Also do people still play these online I may need another reason to hook up my desktop to the internet.

Any help is appreciated thanks.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 24 Mar 2011, 19:14

That sounds like an input problem to me... Anyway, the games should already be patched to the latest version.

And yes, it's still being played, especially on GameRanger.

Fury13
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Fury13 » 25 Mar 2011, 02:19

Well all I had to do was reinstall it when I got home, and it all works great now.

So what exactly is Gameranger some kind of proxy?

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 25 Mar 2011, 04:37

It's a program and a service. Think GameSpy, but less difficult to set up and use.

Lizzie_G
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lizzie_G » 17 May 2011, 11:15

GreatEmerald wrote:It's a program and a service. Think GameSpy, but less difficult to set up and use.
GameSpym seems like a solution:)

Return to “Heroes I-IV”