The Heroes Saga

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
JSE
CH Staff
CH Staff

The Heroes Saga

Unread postby JSE » 23 Mar 2011, 04:09

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/770

JSE
CH Staff
CH Staff

The Heroes Saga

Unread postby JSE » 23 Mar 2011, 04:09

Even though the trademark probably belongs to another company today, King's Bounty should still be mentioned in this article. It is the real origin of Heroes.
Edited on Wed, Mar 23 2011, 00:15 by JSE

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 27 Mar 2011, 12:11

It couldn't be mentioned for some legal reason, as far as I know.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 27 Mar 2011, 15:25

Corlagon wrote:It couldn't be mentioned for some legal reason, as far as I know.
If these articles do not pretend to be correct but as acts of advertisement, then maybe it should be more clearly stated that "the history may somewhat rewritten in order to better fit Ubisoft current policies"

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 27 Mar 2011, 17:16

Maybe I'm blind, but contrary to you, I don't see where it says anything like "1990 did not actually happen, and King's Bounty had no influence on the HoMM concept".

JSE
CH Staff
CH Staff

The Heroes Saga

Unread postby JSE » 29 Mar 2011, 00:54

That's right, it's only said implicitly -- in the first sentence:

"After Might & Magic V, Jon Van Caneghem imagined a spin-off game to the main Might & Magic RPG series."

According to Jon Van Caneghem himself, Heroes of Might and Magic I was first planned to be a sequel to King's Bounty and only later tied in with the the Might and Magic universe to provide a backdrop.

Jon states this *very explicitly* in an interview with game designer and writer Neal Hallford in his book Swords & Circuitry (2001). If you own the book, you might want to check out Jon's first answer on page 383.

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

The Heroes Saga

Unread postby XEL II » 02 Apr 2011, 18:52

Great article, only one (pretty minor) problem with it: the Kreegan are hive-mind race with social structure resembling bees and ants in some ways. Why are they called "chaotic" in this article? I mean, they most definetly sow chaos, death and destruction on the planets they conquer, but the Kreegans themselves aren't chaotic per se.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 03 Apr 2011, 20:35

1. Why no mention on Ubisoft site about who created these articles? I know that is Marzhin's work but I am probably in minority.
2. And why no word about Forge? :P
XEL II wrote:Great article, only one (pretty minor) problem with it: the Kreegan are hive-mind race with social structure resembling bees and ants in some ways. Why are they called "chaotic" in this article?.
Maybe because of "chaotic armies" from MM3? ;)

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

The Heroes Saga

Unread postby XEL II » 04 Apr 2011, 05:13

>Maybe because of "chaotic armies" from MM3? ;)<

In the official NWC lore (i.e. if with the assumption that LotA is non-canonical) there aren't really any apparent clues that would tie the Kreegan with the Creators. One can make reasonable assumption that Kreegans may be connected with (or even created by) the Creators, but anyway, they [Kreegan] are rather "orderly" than "chaotic". Still, they are very vile (and, as we well know from MM3, the Creator-spawned armies are also described as being "vile") and may well have been spawned by the Creators ;)

Duplicate posts removed -QQD
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

Return to “Articles”