Randomness - vol. IV

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 04 Mar 2011, 16:45

Yeah, I loved that. It isn't really the same when Bjørn Dæhlie turned around and walked backwards ... since there were no competitors around to see him. :D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 04 Mar 2011, 18:16

The norwegians with their national doping development agency and putting own men to all the agencies have killed all the fun in skiing.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 04 Mar 2011, 21:57

Yes, any nation other than yours winning anything is surely cheating *pat, pat*
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 05 Mar 2011, 08:29

I am a biochemist myself and a few of my coworkers are also advisers for estonian sportsmen regarding nutrition and the needs and limits of human body. My impression is that skiing is pretty much like cycling where most of the "world level" professionals are using doping. Differences are what are used, how systematically, what methods are used to bypass the control and what role has the sportsman, coach and other personnel. I would not be very surprised if my countrymen are using some kind of cheats (i frankly do not know), but i think norwegians are currently screwing over with it.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 05 Mar 2011, 11:34

Pitsu wrote:My impression... I would not be very surprised... i think...
See where I'm going with this? Assumptions and guesswork based on... ?

With the borderline inhumane drugtesting regime athletes must go through, and the focus on anti-doping work in general, to succed in cheating this way you either have to have an edge with a new drug (not unlikely from time to time, but you get busted eventually), or you have to be part of a vast conspiracy, where everyone is in on it. I don't find the last scenario very likely.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Mar 2011, 20:02

Wasn't there something about using drugs for putting on muscles or what not and stopping some time before testing so they would be out of your system when they did the test and you competed?

Also, THERE IS NO CABAL!
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 09 Mar 2011, 22:00

Went skiing with the school today. The annual skiing trip. Was nice. I ran slalom - went on my ass a couple of times, but that's just because I only go skiing once a year. I won't let that stop me from having fun. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 09 Mar 2011, 22:08

Ahh, butt skiing. To everyone each own to have a fun! :D

Ok. I was in the job. Then come home. And readied for the tomorrow work. How much fun.. It will be better on the end of the month - I will be having short vacations, hopefully.

And I will be having new computer soon, so finger crossed to be born healthy. :P
Wasn't there something about using drugs
There was only: "Less drugs and more sun or it was about radioactive waste?"
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 Mar 2011, 08:30

Hey Pol, did you know that you're in Dragon Age: Origins (in the Dalish elf origin)?!
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 10 Mar 2011, 19:05

No, I'm not. Also I'm not in Poland. And when it comes to Pol-Pot, he's just a skewed amateur.

Anyway, now I can recall that I'm King of all Titans, so, you, one, underling. Beware!

:devious:
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 12 Mar 2011, 19:00

I've been having trouble with an old laptop of mine for a while; it got incredibly hot, and the fan was running constantly. I actually tested placing it outdoors in -15°C ... the fan still didn't stop.

Then I heard about an idea: I opened the casing and used a vacuum cleaner on it. It actually worked; the PC isn't getting as hot now, and the fan is only running slowly. :)

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 13 Mar 2011, 19:25

Ih! A power outage! :scared:

Good thing I have a laptop. And a mobile broadband. :-D

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 13 Mar 2011, 19:53

do you happen to live in japan?
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 14 Mar 2011, 21:45

Always vacuum your computers, it does wonders to it! :D
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Paulus1
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Paulus1 » 14 Mar 2011, 22:46

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 15 Mar 2011, 22:58

Sighisoara II cancelled. Files destroyed. Have a good night.
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 17 Mar 2011, 17:20

:| but not :what:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 17 Mar 2011, 17:52

@Y
Why?
"We made it!"

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Mar 2011, 23:09

I'm makin' buns. With raisins. Good thing for my parents to come home to when they arrive at 3 a.m.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 26 Mar 2011, 10:27

Just passed the physical referees' test with flying colours. Hadn't thought it, since my injuries have prevented me from training a lot. But I've been running in stairs at work for a month - I guess that did the trick. :)

Return to “Campfire”