Last faction - Sanctuary

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Peredhil
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Peredhil » 11 Mar 2011, 11:37

ecsunotos wrote:
Peredhil wrote: Also they might want to introduce a second new race,like Faceless.
Any official source 'bout that ?
Of course not,just guessing.The Faceless are a race from Ashan's lore,just like nagas .

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 11 Mar 2011, 13:31

Peredhil wrote:
tress wrote:
No Elves/Sorceress = They were there since the beginning
What they evolved in homm3 is pretty much non recognizable, apart from elf unit and 1 hero.

Also the unicorns and dwarves .

I believe they will bring back only 1 or 2 out of 3 older factions in expansions,most likely Sylvan and/or Academy factions.I don't know if dark elves are independent in Heroes VI.Also they might want to introduce a second new race,like Faceless.
don't get your hopes up about dark elves, I don't know if tuidhana was even born at that time.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 11 Mar 2011, 13:36

Yes, she did. She made a pact with Faceless and drive away both Holy Falcon Empire knights and king Arniel's Elves from her kingdom ca. 20 years ago.
She is still alive in time of Second Eclipse (but not for long - just few more years).
Last edited by Avonu on 11 Mar 2011, 13:39, edited 1 time in total.

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 11 Mar 2011, 13:37

Mirez wrote: don't get your hopes up about dark elves, I don't know if tuidhana was even born at that time.
I get my hopes up about a Dungeon faction without dark elves.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 11 Mar 2011, 13:38

Also the unicorns and dwarves
Ye guess they too, still faction theme evolved drastically from 2 to 3 even as far as conceptually changing associated hero - magician(order of magicians even) to nature druids
.Also they might want to introduce a second new race,like Faceless.
Actually I hoped that it will be 5th race, that way they could preserve dungeon concept and introduce new race at the same time.

chunter6
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby chunter6 » 11 Mar 2011, 16:52

Yea, I think the new faction is cool, its an interesting concept and it will be fun to have a new team, but I am extremely disappointed at the absence of a nature/rampart/elves/sylvan faction, EXTREMELY disappointed in the absence of a tower/wizard/academy faction, and yes, there were too many dragons in V, but I will greatly miss a dungeon faction with black dragons.

It almost seems cheap to me that they wait till expansions to add factions that are standard for the series. And it seems a given they will introduce academy in an add-on, if this is the time that necromancers are forming their own faction, there will certainly be a story there.

To me it just seems like theyre charging us more money for factions that should have shipped with the game. and we are all the more willing, because we have to wait longer to play some of out favorite factions. That seems all to focused on a model for profit without consideration of treating fans decently.

I dont know much about game design or creation, but I have a hard time understanding why they would choose to not include such standard factions as wizard and elves, I mean those are pretty big staples for not only heroes, but the might and magic brand in general.

And with ubi's history, it doesnt seem unlikely to hold easy profit over respect for the fans, but thats just my opinion.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 11 Mar 2011, 18:21

Well, there has to be a limited amount of factions, so some people will be disappointed. And there has to be some more to put in for the expansions ...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 11 Mar 2011, 19:19

Kalah wrote:Well, there has to be a limited amount of factions, so some people will be disappointed. And there has to be some more to put in for the expansions ...
Until H5, only armageddons blade brought a new faction. Some games never have expansions. What kind of complains about missing factions do you expect if all 9 (Ashan) factions are there from the start? What kind of (sensible) point were you trying to make?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 11 Mar 2011, 19:22

Sorry, I don't understand you. What I'm saying is that we knew that there was going to be 5 factions in H6, and everybody has a favourite. Since you can't fit all desired kinds of factions in the same game, somebody is bound to be disappointed. However, there will no doubt be expansions to H6 - and hopefully a couple of added factions.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 11 Mar 2011, 19:30

And next time they say that there are only 2 factions in H7: orcs and humans? Will you again saythat there *has to be* a limited number of factions and if it would be otherwise, we could not have the 7 planned expansions (and all for only half of the game price!)?

Neidhaart
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Neidhaart » 11 Mar 2011, 19:32

Hmmm, still, i like that they atleast dare to try some "new" factions like nagas.
"I did put the fires out."
"You made them worse!"
"Worse?!... Or better?"

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 11 Mar 2011, 19:36

to be honest I would be horribly disappointed if there was no new factions, although they could've just ignored orcs, but thats my opinion
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 11 Mar 2011, 19:48

Pitsu wrote:And next time they say that there are only 2 factions in H7: orcs and humans? Will you again saythat there *has to be* a limited number of factions
No - what I'm saying is that the number of factions in H6 was known a long time ago. Now, I won't object to people complaining about the number of factions when it was publicized, but still ...? I can only listen to a broken record som many times before I get bored.

Also - two factions? If you're going to make a point, you should at least make it sound plausible. ;)

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 11 Mar 2011, 20:28

Pitsu wrote:And next time they say that there are only 2 factions in H7: orcs and humans?
You are sadly mistaken.

It'll be humans and demons, of course. B-)
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

chunter6
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby chunter6 » 11 Mar 2011, 23:39

yea, I am really excited to play a new faction, thats certainly true.

Although it is atleast KIND of reminiscent of HIII fortress, water based with serpents. The eastern theme is new, which I think is cool, since heroes has always been a European type fantasy, its cool to see that clash of style.

but god did I hate fortress.... (unrelated I know, but I hate it so much, it creeps into all aspects of my life, thats healthy right?)

And all in all, Id rather see some old factions missing, and some new ones present, rather than the same exact factions with a new number on the box, but considering this iteration has the least amount of starting factions since Heroes 1 (I think, Im having a hard time remembering who all was in 2), it is fairly disappointing to see only 1 new faction, and 3 standards missing.
Not to mention, while orcs represent the new barbarians (which I personally like, sans the terrible terrible cut scenes they have) it really isnt an established faction, and the demons have been with us only since 3, and were not even their own faction in 4, it just seems unloyal to the fans to not include factions such as wizards that are a column of the series.

Also is dissapointing to me is the lack of dwarfs. Not that Im saying that faction was so awesome it should return (though I enjoyed it) but I hate to see the number of factions decrease. What point is there in adding a new faction to the mythology and gameplay if you will just remove it next game? Now thats not to say they are removed, they could totally come back in an expansion, along with wizards, elves, and a dungeon....

It just seems now PC developers alot of the time use expansions strictly as a means for more profit, charging more for content that may even already be programmed. Games should ship complete, with expansions EXPANDING an already complete game, not charging more for content that the game should have shipped with.
/rant

as kalah said, weve known for a while it would only be 5 factions, and eventually well just have to get over it

Im still excited to play a new heroes, and I will do my best to not be biased, especially before I play it. but I cant help be feel pretty cheated...[/i]

Romanov77
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Romanov77 » 12 Mar 2011, 11:46

I'll be frank, I HATE all these ethnics themes.

It was the same with the Homm5 middle eastern wizards.
I know that even the old tower had some middle eastern references (Genies) or Greek (Titans) but Ubi is taking this to the extreme.

What will be next, an Italian factions with Da Vinci contraptions as war machines and stylish town screens?
And with the passing of strange eons, even death may die.

H.P. Lovecraft - gentleman, writer and dreamer.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Mar 2011, 11:59

I think that this faction is da bomb!

Although I do know nothing about the execution and it make it very different game. However it's continuation of H5 series not H1-4, in the reference to the story and thus fractions part.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 12 Mar 2011, 17:05

Romanov77 wrote:What will be next, an Italian factions with Da Vinci contraptions as war machines and stylish town screens?
If so, the flying spaghetti monster should be the champion creature.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

MattII
Demon
Demon

Unread postby MattII » 12 Mar 2011, 21:09

Romanov77 wrote:I'll be frank, I HATE all these ethnics themes.

It was the same with the Homm5 middle eastern wizards.
I know that even the old tower had some middle eastern references (Genies) or Greek (Titans) but Ubi is taking this to the extreme.
Yeah, right, now lets deal with the real 'ethnics' issue, the medieval Europe Haven.
What will be next, an Italian factions with Da Vinci contraptions as war machines and stylish town screens?
Actually, that wouldn't be such a bad idea IMO, I could go for a little clockpunk. :D

yourworstnightmare
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yourworstnightmare » 14 Mar 2011, 12:57

Metathron wrote: If so, the flying spaghetti monster should be the champion creature.
Wait, what? We'll have a Tentacle monster with Italy and not Japan? Fail.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”