Minimum & Recommended system requirement

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Minimum & Recommended system requirement

Unread postby Avonu » 11 Mar 2011, 15:35

From HVI official forum:
Minimum & Recommended Specifications for Heroes VI:

OPERATING SYSTEM:
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (all 32/64 bit)

PROCESSOR: minimal (recommended)
Intel Pentium Core 2 Duo E4400 @ 2.0 Ghz, AMD Athlon X2 5000+ @ 2.6 Ghz (Intel Pentium Core 2 @ Duo E6400 @ 2.00 Ghz, AMD Athlon II X2 240 @ 2.8 Ghz)

RAM: minimal (recommended)
1 GB for Windows XP and 1.5GB for Vista / Windows 7 (2 GB)

VIDEO CARD: minimal memory/directX version
(optimal memory/directX version)
512 MB, DirectX 9.0c (1 GB, DirectX 9.0c)

DIRECT X®:
DirectX® version DirectX 9.0c 2008 November (included on disc)

DVD-ROM DRIVE:
DVD 8x (DVD 24x), needed only for installation

SOUND CARD:
DirectX 9.0c compatible (recommended)

HARD DISK:
8 GB

PERIPHERALS:
Mouse, keyboard

MULTIPLAY:
128 kBit/s upstream

========================================
"SUPPORTED VIDEO CARDS AT THE TIME OF RELEASE"

First list to be completed :
- Minimal: NVidia GeForce 8600GTS, ATI Radeon HD 2600XT, both with 512MB of VRAM
- Recommended: NVidia GeForce 8800GTX, ATI Radeon HD 3870 both with 1 GB of VRAM

The video card has to have/support:
- Minimum 512 MB of Video RAM
- Vertex Shader 3.0
- Pixel Shader 3.0
- Vertex Texture support with R32F or R16F format
- Render Target support with R32F and G16R16F format

Also, there is no Mac version planned, only PC.

About DRM, I can send you back to the latest official article on the subject.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 11 Mar 2011, 17:28

No problem for me, far from that.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Romanov77
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Romanov77 » 11 Mar 2011, 18:33

So...how ill my good old trusty 9800GT handle this?
And with the passing of strange eons, even death may die.

H.P. Lovecraft - gentleman, writer and dreamer.

Neidhaart
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Neidhaart » 11 Mar 2011, 19:30

Works on mine! Still going to buy a new gamecomp later... Need my shinys for a mac laptop.
"I did put the fires out."
"You made them worse!"
"Worse?!... Or better?"

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 11 Mar 2011, 19:49

H6 won't work on Macs.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 11 Mar 2011, 20:02

Kalah wrote:H6 won't work on Macs.
Infiltrator out.

Spin
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Spin » 11 Mar 2011, 22:19

seems pretty heavy on the graphics card if 512mb is the minimum requirement. I'm not sure, for a DirectX9 only game it seems like a very heavy minimum requirement. Hopefully it's actually well optimised and can run smoothly on anything just above minimum settings.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 11 Mar 2011, 22:24

Meh nowadays 512mb isn't that bad
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

HenL
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby HenL » 12 Mar 2011, 08:18

The DRM comment is worrying to say the least.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 12 Mar 2011, 15:48

I understand the need for eye candy to attract the new/younger player, but I believe UBI has lost sight of the fact high end graphics are not important in a TBS game. How fancy do the chess pieces need to be, it would still be chess. I like great graphics and fortunately I bought an new laptop this summer and it meets or exceeds all the mentioned requirements. The AI doesn't need a 1gb video card. If it did then I would understand. Get the AI right and the players will come.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Mirez

Unread postby Mirez » 12 Mar 2011, 16:40

jeff wrote:I understand the need for eye candy to attract the new/younger player, but I believe UBI has lost sight of the fact high end graphics are not important in a TBS game. How fancy do the chess pieces need to be, it would still be chess. I like great graphics and fortunately I bought an new laptop this summer and it meets or exceeds all the mentioned requirements. The AI doesn't need a 1gb video card. If it did then I would understand. Get the AI right and the players will come.
I disagree, the average player is a noob who don't want a smart AI because they'll get owned by it. A friend of mine still playes heroes 3 ever now and then but never puts the AI on hard.
People are a sucker for graphics though

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Mar 2011, 16:55

I love splendid graphics, the feast for my eyes.

But I don't need it for strategical games. For me, the best were OpenGL Chess for OS/2. Pretty, fast, challengeable.

Switch 3D/2D could make it.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 12 Mar 2011, 17:04

You mean you want an "enable/disable 3D rendering" option?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Mar 2011, 18:27

I mean ability to switch it to the flat view. And very well implemented - which is the hardest part.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 12 Mar 2011, 18:34

Mirez wrote: I disagree, the average player is a noob who don't want a smart AI because they'll get owned by it. A friend of mine still playes heroes 3 ever now and then but never puts the AI on hard.
People are a sucker for graphics though
I agree to a point; as a lot of us do want a good AI. The fact the current younger player does not want a good AI may be sadly true and has led to a proliferation of first person shooters were speed and firepower is all that is needed. If that trend doesn't change then the Heroes and MM franchises will consist of those type of games with TBS and true RPGs dead.

Mirez

Unread postby Mirez » 12 Mar 2011, 19:31

Then again, homm always had a pretty loyal fanbase, and a good AI will really increase it longevity. That and a good map creator of course.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 12 Mar 2011, 20:08

Mirez wrote:Then again, homm always had a pretty loyal fanbase, and a good AI will really increase it longevity. That and a good map creator of course.
In that there is hope, but it had better be a good campaign editor. :D

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 13 Mar 2011, 23:00

lol, on paper H6 requires more than graphic-heavy games such as Batman: Arkham Asylum, BioShock 1 & 2, Mass Effect 1 & 2, etc. It's even on par with Civilization V as minimum requirements go, but that doesn't count because Civ V is a bit too harsh on recommended specs. :disagree:
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

Kosh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kosh » 15 Mar 2011, 01:34

HenL wrote:The DRM comment is worrying to say the least.
Hm, what's worrying about it? Ubisoft axed that insanely horrible DRM system a while ago. Now it only requires a brief internet connection to install games, which is exactly how Steam works. Although Ubi should be reamed in its ass repeatedly by consumers with flaming, nailed baseball bats, at least we don't have to worry about that draconian DRM system any more!

As for graphics in a strategy game, well I think Chess has done alright all these years with pretty basic graphics and a focus on gameplay ;) More recently though, I would look at games like the Hearts of Iron series from Paradox. Basically no graphics to speak of, but the strategy is deep and glorious :) I think Heroes 3 had just enough eye candy, I'm personally not a huge fan of the 3D for the series and would rather see time/effort be spent on AI (and map/modding tools, for longevity of the game). But it's not like the graphics and animations people are also the AI programmers (at least I sure hope not!) so shmeh if they want to pimp the graphics that's fine... just make sure we get the best AI and thus strategically fun gameplay possible too!

HenL
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby HenL » 15 Mar 2011, 10:43

Kosh wrote:
HenL wrote:The DRM comment is worrying to say the least.
Hm, what's worrying about it? Ubisoft axed that insanely horrible DRM system a while ago. Now it only requires a brief internet connection to install games, which is exactly how Steam works. Although Ubi should be reamed in its ass repeatedly by consumers with flaming, nailed baseball bats, at least we don't have to worry about that draconian DRM system any more!
The linked article claims you need to check in with ubisoft's servers every single time you launch the game, not just at install(which is problematic to begin with imo).
A Reddit user first noticed that a recent patch now enables the PC versions of Assassin's Creed 2 and Splinter Cell: Conviction to be played with web connections turned off – although they do still require an Internet connection to authenticate the game on start-up.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”