H6 Available for Pre-Order

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 11 Mar 2011, 11:28

Amazon shops have now opened up for pre-order of <i>Might and Magic: Heroes VI</i>

<a href="/http://www.amazon.com/Might-Magic-Heroe ... zon.com</a> sets the price at $50, with a release date of May 10th. The offer contains a price guarantee which says that "if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price". They don't specify if this guarantee is extended if the release date is changed.

<a href="/http://www.amazon.co.uk/Might-Magic-Her ... n.co.uk</a> has a different release date (May 27th), and sets the price at £30 - also with the pre-order price guarantee.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1299842913
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 11 Mar 2011, 12:13

I have a stupid question. In an era when even console games are patched after release, why would anyone want to pre-order a game? Especially in the case of H6, that doesn't qualify as a AAA title as far as I know, you're still going to be able to buy it (if it proves itself worthy) well after release. Maybe I'm jaded by past games, but I just don't see the point.

Then again, I guess someone has to be first.
Peace. Love. Penguin.

ttague2005
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ttague2005 » 11 Mar 2011, 13:44

Is H6 compatible w/ Windows 7? XP and Vista are the only platforms listed on the Amazon Website.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Re: H6 Available for Pre-Order

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 11 Mar 2011, 14:30

ttague2005 wrote:Is H6 compatible w/ Windows 7? XP and Vista are the only platforms listed on the Amazon Website.
Not having Win7, I cannot say for certain, but they SAY that anything Vista compatible works on Win7. Maybe some Win 7 users here can affirm / deny this?
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 11 Mar 2011, 14:37

I never pre-ordered a game before, I just don't see the point. The benefits are usually minimal, if any. But I see some people pre-ordering games in store, to make sure they play it on Day 1.

And yes, I'm fairly certain the game will run on Win 7. The OS has been out for a while.
Edited on Fri, Mar 11 2011, 09:38 by Angelspit
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Kosh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kosh » 11 Mar 2011, 14:41

The only reason to pre-order a game any more is if it gets you bonus content that you feel justifies the early deposit (and in some cases, higher price). I guess if you still buys from local stores you would also pre-order just to make sure your copy is reserved; but buying online these days pretty much nullifies that need.

HVI will definitely be Win7 compatible, I wouldn't worry about that at all.

Anywho, the other thing to consider is that no release date is set in stone until the publisher announces it... not that I want to be a party pooper but just keep that in mind before marking May 10th on your calendar ^^

ttague2005
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ttague2005 » 11 Mar 2011, 16:14

Compatibility is an issue. For example, H5 runs fine under Vista, BUT the map editor does not.

Kranyum
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kranyum » 11 Mar 2011, 17:42

hahahahaha 50 euros, nice joke.

decebalus
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby decebalus » 11 Mar 2011, 18:04

hey guyz, anyone who pre-ordered it, can play the beta?

my ubi-shop link won't work

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 11 Mar 2011, 18:06

By the way, the Ubi shop says release date June 11th ...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 11 Mar 2011, 18:13

Kalah wrote:By the way, the Ubi shop says release date June 11th ...
How surprising.
Infiltrator out.

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 11 Mar 2011, 18:20

Pre-order on Steam

Oh yes, for a mere 50 Euros and something extra:

Pre-Purchase and receive access to the beta when it becomes available
Edge of Chaos: The Edge of Chaos is a sword created by Arch-Demon Nebiros that ensures its bearer pure luckiness.
Akasha: Commander of the sacred isle, Akasha is a fanatic follower of Dragon Godess Shalassa.

So are they going to shove some DLC items and heroes down our throats?
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 11 Mar 2011, 21:57

Pre-order on Impulse, Deluxe Edition (if you're in North America... Stupid Ubisoft! I can't even view the price from here, but I assume it's the same)

Deluxe apparently has even more DLC.
Qurqirish Dragon wrote:Not having Win7, I cannot say for certain, but they SAY that anything Vista compatible works on Win7. Maybe some Win 7 users here can affirm / deny this?
Anything compatible with Vista SP2, since Win7 uses the exact same kernel. On Impulse it's also written that it supports Win7, too.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 11 Mar 2011, 22:10

Surely, a new game for PC must be Win 7 compatible. I'll check if I can confirm it for you.

HenL
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby HenL » 12 Mar 2011, 08:06

Copying a post I made elswewhere upon seeing the steam entry yesterday:

Have to pre-order to get beta access, which I guess is nothing but a marketing tool given the release date.

Have to pre-order to get all content once the game is done.

Have to buy a "digital deluxe edition" to get all content(extra heroes and a map even).

Price is 50\55€, no doubt far higher than physical copies will be.

Store page doesn't mention DRM, but steam often omits such information.

These trends are so depressing..

Lord_Haart
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Lord_Haart » 12 Mar 2011, 08:24

It's on steam as well.

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 12 Mar 2011, 08:56

GreatEmerald wrote:Pre-order on Impulse, Deluxe Edition (if you're in North America... Stupid Ubisoft! I can't even view the price from here, but I assume it's the same)

Deluxe apparently has even more DLC.
It is as much Wardell's incompetency and fault as much as Ubisoft's. Impulse is notoriously known for boasting about being second most successful worldwide DD platform (after Steam), yet most of its games are NA only.
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Mar 2011, 10:18

decebalus wrote:hey guyz, anyone who pre-ordered it, can play the beta?
my ubi-shop link won't work
According the Ubi, it should be able, see:
[q="2011-03-10"]
Collector Edition unleashed! Get access to the Beta!
Check out Heroes VI Collector Edition and its content! vid.

Also, if you kept your code in Heroes V Collector Edition, get a 10% discount when pre-ordering Heroes VI Collector Edition on Ubishop: http://shop.ubi.com/Heroes6Collector or the standard edition as well.

To get the discount, just enter you old Heroes Kingdoms Beta code you got in Heroes V collector in the promo slot when pre-ordering Heroes VI on Ubishop: and get your discount right away!
[/q]
Full link to the news.

As for, what is written in the Ubi Store:

[q="Might & Magic® Heroes® VI - Deluxe Digital Edition"]

Preorder the game and get:

AN ACCESS TO THE BETA

2 EXCLUSIVE ULCS
• Akasha
• Edge of Chaos

The Might & Magic Heroes VI Deluxe Digital Edition includes:

MIGHT & MAGIC HEROES VI VIDEO GAME

164-PAGE HARDBACK BOOK FEATURING GAME CONCEPT ART (PDF)

GAME SOUNDTRACK FEATURING TRACKS COMPOSED BY ROB KING AND PAUL ROMERO

A2 FORMAT DOUBLE SIDED POSTER (PDF)

ONE MONTH SUBSCRIPTION ON HEROES KINGDOM

EXTRA GAME CONTENT
• Skirmish FPP Map
• Aguirre / Sveltana / Yume / Kraal
• Staff of Cleansing / Staff of Asha’s Eightfold
>> http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en_IE ... 0/sac.true
[/q]

[q="Might & Magic® Heroes® VI"]
Preorder the game and get :

AN ACCESS TO THE BETA

2 EXCLUSIVE ULCS
• Akasha
• Edge of Chaos
>> http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en_IE ... 0/sac.true

The adventure in Heroes VI, starting 400 years before events in Heroes V, catapults a family of heroes into a fast-paced epic story where Angels plot to end -- once and for all -- an unfinished war with their ancient rivals, the Faceless.

A legendary Archangel General is resurrected, but with his powers crippled. Plagued by horrible memories of the Elder Wars, he plots to recover his powers and take control of Ashan while destroying both Faceless and Demons in a series of carefully orchestrated attacks and betrayals. He underestimates, however, the power of the all-too-human Griffin dynasty.

The destiny of these Griffin heroes will be determined by our players.

KEY FEATURES

ENJOY THE CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED HEROES GAMEPLAY
Remasterized with the well-known developer, Black Hole, and in close partnership with the game’s numerous fans.

EXPERIENCE THE UNIQUE MIX OF TURN-BASED STRATEGY & RPG
Explore extra-large adventure maps, collect tons of resources and build extraordinary cities. Perfect your tactics to level-up your heroes, recruit troops & ready them for combat on exclusive battle maps

SHAPE YOUR DESTINY
Lead the Heroes of the Griffin dynasty through an intriguing scenario. Choose your path, assume your choices and customize your gaming experience thanks to a brand new Reputation system.

REDISCOVER THE RICHNESS OF THE M&M UNIVERSE
Discover fantastic landscapes and creatures from the world of Ashan. Enjoy improved 3D designs and an exclusive new bestiary.
[/q]
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Mar 2011, 11:45

klaymen wrote: It is as much Wardell's incompetency and fault as much as Ubisoft's.
I don't think that Stardock is having anything to do with that. The rights are sold by a regions and I very much doubt he had any chance to get them worldwide. And ever will.

This is orchestrated by Ubi. :D

So why to pre-order?
Because you will show your support to the developer and allow future planning of the game development. And of course, because you really like the game. And wanna this goodies - like a Soundtrack. ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 12 Mar 2011, 12:51

Pol wrote:This is orchestrated by Ubi. :D
This. Stardock have said numerous times that they have absolutely nothing to do with regional restrictions and they try to get it released worldwide when they can.

Return to “News”