Nicolai's fate *spoilers*

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Nicolai's fate *spoilers*

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Apr 2006, 20:22

Look at the Reanimator ability: http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/he ... ties.shtml

And if i'm not mistaking they did say that Haven will ally with Necropolis. Interesting twist to King Gryphonheart's tale in H3.
Last edited by ThunderTitan on 17 Apr 2006, 07:35, edited 1 time in total.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 16 Apr 2006, 00:26

Great. Not only are they reusing the gameplay, but also the story :devil:
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 16 Apr 2006, 06:15

Gaidal Cain wrote:Great. Not only are they reusing the gameplay, but also the story :devil:
An old familiar story, if told well, is no bad thing . . . Heroes II was nothing more than the typical "two princes fighting over the kingdom" story, but played and read well enough even then.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 16 Apr 2006, 11:02

Bandobras Took wrote: An old familiar story, if told well, is no bad thing . . . Heroes II was nothing more than the typical "two princes fighting over the kingdom" story, but played and read well enough even then.
I'm not sure about you, but I've not heard that many "the king is killed and reanimated as a Lich (or whatever)" stories...

MT Silver
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MT Silver » 16 Apr 2006, 12:54

*POTENTIAL SPOILER*

Nicolai is or will be a Vampire.
How do I know this? There is a music file called "Heroes-NicolaiVampire.ogg" in the "music" directory of the demo. Mystery solved.

*END OF POTENTIAL SPOILER*

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 16 Apr 2006, 12:56

Warcraft III, anyone?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Apr 2006, 13:33

Darkstroem wrote:Warcraft III, anyone?
Heroes of Might and Magic III anyone? They just changed it from daddy to hubby.

Hmm.... what if the Dark Messiah is Isabel and Nicolai's baby?! 8|
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 16 Apr 2006, 14:35

ThunderTitan wrote: Heroes of Might and Magic III anyone? They just changed it from daddy to hubby.
And Lich to Vampire, which isn’t all that big of a stretch. And taking into consideration that the H3 king was named NICHOLAS GRYPHONheart and this one is NICOLAI GRIFFIN…one wonders whatever happened to the all-new universe Nival is apparently so proud of. :S All we need is a half-demon, a half-elf, and a doomsday artifact and we have our expansion, hurray! :P

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Apr 2006, 14:45

Well they had said that there will be a new town, and instead we got Dark Elves in the Dungeon.

So Catherine named her kid after daddy.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 16 Apr 2006, 16:58

Kareeah Indaga wrote: And Lich to Vampire, which isn’t all that big of a stretch. And taking into consideration that the H3 king was named NICHOLAS GRYPHONheart and this one is NICOLAI GRIFFIN…one wonders whatever happened to the all-new universe Nival is apparently so proud of. :S All we need is a half-demon, a half-elf, and a doomsday artifact and we have our expansion, hurray! :P
And a powerhungry lich (like those are hard to come by) and a group of two oldtimers and two young heroes and expansion #2 is done as well...

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 16 Apr 2006, 17:34

Well I for one liked the Haart getting stabbed part best in Heroes 3. Perhaps it's too early to say what exactly nival will have in store for us, story-wise.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Apr 2006, 18:03

Agrael is a Dark Elf, Nicolai a Vampire, the undead will try to take over the world. Easy as pie.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 16 Apr 2006, 21:19

the demons will also take over the world...erm destroy it would be more correctly, i guess the necros will prevent that somehow but that dosent mean they are the good guysm ore in fact neutral-evil. ;|

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Apr 2006, 21:31

The demons are trying to take over at the start of the story. But in the end (3rd expansion which is a prequel) we find out it was all a plot dreamed up by Sandro, but then something happened and he couldn't participate. And Agrael is secretly working for the undead to kill Nicolai so they can bring him back so they can use him to lead the undead armies.

Sound familiar anyone?

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 16 Apr 2006, 22:23

How about this - Agrael is a demon who works for the academy, cos he's actually a gargoyle in desguise. Fueled by the anger of his bretheren looks, he wants to destroy the whole world. First he tries to kill Isabell 103242 times, but in the process falls in love with her. Now she wants to kill him. Once he sees Nicolai he kills him out of pure jealousy (now it starts to make sense). But all he does now is getting everyone even morre pissed off at him. The dark elves promise him a love potion if he kills all the sylvan. So he does that, get the potion, smack isabell in the head with it and they marry and live happily ever after. :jester:

Eternor
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Unread postby Eternor » 16 Apr 2006, 23:06

By the way, the "new universe" was invented by Ubisoft not Nival, and the storywriters are probably french too.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 16 Apr 2006, 23:21

Gaidal Cain wrote: I'm not sure about you, but I've not heard that many "the king is killed and reanimated as a Lich (or whatever)" stories...
On the other hand, the raising of dead heroes to fight for you is an old and time-honored storytelling tradition. :)

Aragorn summons an undead King in the Lord of the Rings, Elena summons the dead High Lord Kevin in the Illearth War, the Horn of Valere summons the dead Artur Hawkwing in the Wheel of Time. To name a few.

I'm just saying that an idea that's not so original can still be told well. On the whole, (speaking for the culture I come from), we're a little too obssessed with "novelty" and "originality," often at the expense of quality and good storytelling.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Apr 2006, 23:31

Orfinn wrote:Ehem! Heres Raelag the dungeon hero
https://www.celestialheavens.com/486

So now he have joined the inferno guys and changed his name to Agrael??
:up: The whole basis of my theory! :up: That and the fact that Nicolai's amulet that melted a couple of demons barely slowed down Agrael, and Agrael's coment about his free will compared to the other demons. Oh, and his lizard mount.

@Bandobras Took

From the book I got the impresion that the army Aragorn got wasn't made up of undead, but some sort of cursed humans.

Continuity
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Continuity » 17 Apr 2006, 01:00

I don't know about you guys but I'd rather not have found this out in advance. If you guys figure out any other plot points, please don't just put it in the subject line. Earlier someone put "Raelag = Agrael!!!" as a topic and now "Nicolai = undead!". It would be nice to experience some plot twists without having them spoiled.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 17 Apr 2006, 06:32

Bandobras Took wrote: On the other hand, the raising of dead heroes to fight for you is an old and time-honored storytelling tradition. :)
Yes.But then it usually done with the intention to release them after the one battle, not to turn them into undead scourges. Of course I expect the dead to rise in some way- that's what Necromancers do for a living...
I'm just saying that an idea that's not so original can still be told well. On the whole, (speaking for the culture I come from), we're a little too obssessed with "novelty" and "originality," often at the expense of quality and good storytelling.
I could live with an unoriginal plot, if told well. What I'm not really keen on is having a carbon copy of another plot- because then any quality in storyelling will be overshadowed by the thought of "why am I replaying the main H3 campaign?". Ubisoft has toldus that this world is supposed to be all new, so why couldn't they have found a new story to go with it? I'd much referred that they left the world alone and focused on creating a good story than what looks like the other way around,

Return to “Heroes V-VI”