Heroes VI Combat Video

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Heroes VI Combat Video

Unread postby Kalah » 01 Mar 2011, 00:29

If you haven't seen it already, there's a really nice gameplay video out on <a href="/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oycDM4TQ3A">youtube</a>. In this video, Noèmie Verpeaux walks and talks us through a typical battle between Haven and Necropolis.

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6oycDM4TQ3A?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="/http://www.youtube.com/v/6oycDM4TQ3A?fs=1&hl=nb_NO" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="349"></embed></object>

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1298939381
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 01 Mar 2011, 01:13

I've seen it. I LOL'd at like 0:55.. makes it sound like "it shows the order in which the creatures are gonna take its turd" :D
Infiltrator out.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 01 Mar 2011, 01:40

Once again a video that has been blocked, this one at the request of Playcast. It seems UBI and co do not care if it sells in the US. Well if they don't they why should we that live here.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Heroes VI Combat Video

Unread postby hellegennes » 01 Mar 2011, 03:57

If they don't... what?

Combat looks nice. Not that much different from H5.
Edited on Mon, Feb 28 2011, 22:58 by hellegennes

agni
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes VI Combat Video

Unread postby agni » 01 Mar 2011, 10:48

Like: it seems to show the path it will take with a trail, something that will come in handy if mines are still in the game.

Like: morale showing before the move so you can plan to use that extra move.

Like: praetorian sharing damage(?) being visualized.

Like: short-keys

mixed: one move per turn regardless of speed. kinda liked my fairies pounding zombies... but didn't like being at the receiving end of it.

mixed: hero being independent of initiative. so it's back to having the fastest creature out on the field. that team will have massive advantage over a team that loses out on initiative.

don't like: griffin's not missing. it was always fun to play mind games with griffins, both in dodging and in anticipating the direction of the dodge.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 01 Mar 2011, 11:57

What I liked is one little important detail - flying creatures walk short distances instead of flying, like in KB.
Infiltrator out.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 01 Mar 2011, 12:35

Well, the video can be shown here, jeff, so I guess it's only a problem for you.

I will take this message to the devs, though.

In the mean time, try this one that I have uploaded.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 01 Mar 2011, 15:16

Thanks, Kalah- the main video was blocked for me, but your link worked. I assume your link was to the same video.
A few observations I had:

1) unit abilities can have a "cool-down" time. For example, the griffin's battle-dive cannot be used 2 rounds in a row. In other words, it has a cool-down time of 1 round. I hope other units have other abilities that would be overpowered for their level, but have longer cooldowns (2 or 3 rounds)

Also, this can balance the spellcaster stacks. Unlike in H5, where 5 stacks of 1 druid were better than 1 stack of 5, in H6, they could have larger stacks also get faster cooldown times.

2) Along similar lines, there are now continuous abilities- such as the sister's healing (or, rather, I should say continuous abilities are back; I just remembered the treants in H5 had one- taking root), which keep going until interrupted/manually stopped.

3) You are notified of morale/luck boosts BEFORE you act, so you can plan the double-action. I think this will be VERY useful for ranged units, particularly ones that have been blocked- if they get a morale boost, then you know you can use the first action to move away, and the second to shoot!
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

DanTanna
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes VI Combat Video

Unread postby DanTanna » 01 Mar 2011, 15:25

Cool video. I usually speed up combat to the fastest speed.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 01 Mar 2011, 17:41

The Griffin thing is a good idea. It was stupid in H5. I mean, did they memorize a spot and then blindly dive there in hopes of hitting something?

But I also think that, if the target "defends", the griffin should take damage, as the attack is anticipated.

SplinterHoMM
Peasant
Peasant

Heroes VI Combat Video

Unread postby SplinterHoMM » 01 Mar 2011, 17:49

morale should NOT give a double action!..

and luck should NOT give double damage (at least if it isn't maxed out)!...
Edited on Tue, Mar 01 2011, 12:53 by SplinterHoMM
Splinter sayings:
You must strike hard and fade away...

In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind, there are few...

ToweringAmishPlumber
Scout
Scout

Heroes VI Combat Video

Unread postby ToweringAmishPlumber » 01 Mar 2011, 17:55

Many thanks to Kalah. I was unable to view the youtube video, but your upload worked great. I realize this was only a small sample, but I was very impressed with what I saw in the video - looks really nice. Also, I thought the narrator had a really awesome accent.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 01 Mar 2011, 18:05

Kalah wrote:Well, the video can be shown here, jeff, so I guess it's only a problem for you.

I will take this message to the devs, though.

In the mean time, try this one that I have uploaded.
The youtube video was blocked for me too so I want to thank you Kalah for the 2nd link, which worked fine. The battle looked pretty cool. :-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 01 Mar 2011, 19:38

Looks very good. Albeit with a bit slow pace. Hope some 'effects' will be possible to turn off, to speed up the gameplay. ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 01 Mar 2011, 20:33

My concern is that the battle animations seem to take a long time. Can these be turned off? I think it would get tedious after a while.

ahara
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes VI Combat Video

Unread postby ahara » 01 Mar 2011, 20:34

Looks interesting. The first bit of music I recognized from the DS game might and magic: clash of heroes, which is not a bad thing.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 01 Mar 2011, 21:03

Bah, people who don't appreciate the animations. Why do you think developers worked on them so hard :disagree: I always set my animation speed to lowest in every HoMM game.

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Heroes VI Combat Video

Unread postby Zamolxis » 01 Mar 2011, 21:05

This starts to look like what H5 should have been. Though somehow I have the feeling we should thank KB:TL for that. ;)
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 01 Mar 2011, 21:33

Kalah wrote:Well, the video can be shown here, jeff, so I guess it's only a problem for you.
By 'you' I hope you mean the country and not me. However the new link did play so thank you.

It looked very H-Vish which is not necessarily a bad thing. Some improvements, I like the griffin dive attack not missing any more. I still think it is a shame they chose to use god-like heroes. Overall I am not disappointed in what I saw.

It will still depend on the editor.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 01 Mar 2011, 21:53

Variol wrote:My concern is that the battle animations seem to take a long time. Can these be turned off? I think it would get tedious after a while.
According to the GameStar preview, they can.

Return to “News”