Bosses

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 Feb 2011, 11:43

That's why they transcribed the Q&A when they posted it here... so you don't have to use your hearing only.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 22 Feb 2011, 11:46

Welcome, ear-oes fans.

Come to think of it it would be fun to know how much stuff people would miss out if I started speaking in my soviet english.
Infiltrator out.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 Feb 2011, 12:03

Nothing, they'd be too scared of you (because the movies made them think soviet accent = gangsta).
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 22 Feb 2011, 13:17

Exactly, everything you hear on TV is true. And if I was a game character, I would probably be evil, and walk around explosive barrels :D
Infiltrator out.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 22 Feb 2011, 17:18

The last few posts look great side by side with the Titan vs Black Dragon. Sorry I ruined it.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 22 Feb 2011, 17:25

LOL'd. Since when do Black Dragons walk around explosive barrels? :D
Infiltrator out.

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 23 Feb 2011, 02:12

ThunderTitan wrote:That's why they transcribed the Q&A when they posted it here... so you don't have to use your hearing only.
Not in the Q&A 2

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 23 Feb 2011, 08:50

ecsunotos wrote:
ThunderTitan wrote:That's why they transcribed the Q&A when they posted it here... so you don't have to use your hearing only.
Not in the Q&A 2
There are subtitles on youtube, though.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 Feb 2011, 12:21

ecsunotos wrote:
Not in the Q&A 2
Kalah added it in on of his posts for that news item... look it up.

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 24 Feb 2011, 09:16

ThunderTitan wrote: Kalah added it in on of his posts for that news item... look it up.
What's the Topic ?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Feb 2011, 11:38

It's the 10th post from the bottom: https://www.celestialheavens.com/1298022253
TRANSCRIPT:

"Hello adventurers! Are you ready to roll? I promise I'll talk slower this time. Let's get to it.

[NEUTRAL CREATURES AND BOSSES]
There will be 8 neutral creatures and 8 bosses in Heroes VI. Bosses can be considered as "über neutral creatures". You'll see them on the adventure map and fight them on combat map.
Each boss has its own gameplay. Some will summon creatures to assist them, others are more lone wolves. All Bosses are linked to factions such as Mother Namtaru. However there is no Boss associated to the Stronghold faction.

[CREATURE HIERARCHY]
As you know, in Heroes VI, the line-up of each faction is divided into three categories: Core, Elite, and Champion. All units of a same category are close in terms of stats, but have different roles during the battle. To use a simple example, let's see how it works for Haven. The three Core units of Haven are the Sentinel, Crossbowman and Sister. The Sentinel is the melee unit; crossbowman the shooter unit and the Sister is the support unit.Then you have three Elite units that are significantly stronger. Finally, you have the Champion unit who is even stronger. There is the same gap between Core and Elite units than between Elite and Champion units. The Champion is not here only to crush his enemies. He has also a tactical role, linked with the other creatures of his faction.

[UPGRADE]
Of course, it is possible to upgrade your creatures, and you will still have the possibility to recruit the unupgraded version if you wish, from your castle or your forts.

[NEW INFERNO CHAMPION]
A lot of players are wondering why the Pit Lord is the Inferno Champion unit and not the Devil as in previous games. The reason is that we tested several different line-ups for Inferno and finally decided to use the idea of creatures linked to the Six Demon Overlords, who are still ruling Sheogh at the time of Heroes VI. So as the servant of the Overlord of Hate, the Pit Lord becomes the Champion.

[VAMPIRE'S NEW DESIGN]
Some fans are wondering if the new look of the Vampire is inspired by the Lich King of another famous fantasy game... Other fans seem to believe we were inspired by Sauron from the Lord of the Rings. Honestly, the goal was to make them look closer to the Death Knights seen in Heroes V, but on foot. And also we wanted to integrate the spider motif of the Necromancers of Ashan in the design.

[RETURNING CREATURES]
One of you pointed out that the Rakshasa was voted the best Heroes creature of all time by one of the communities. So will they be back in Heroes VI? I cannot tell, but I can tell you we love the big cats too! A lot of players are also requesting classic creatures like the Behemoth or the Thunderbird. For now, these creatures are not in the game. But, it does not mean that they don't exist somewhere in Ashan.

[WHY STRONGHOLD?]
Some players asked why we chose to put Stronghold in the game instead of other factions. There are two reasons for this. First, we felt the gameplay of Stronghold was complementing the other factions in an interesting way. Secondly, we didn't want to have Stronghold in an add-on once again. Some of you have asked for a faction dedicated to Ylath, the Dragon of Air. Ylath is traditionally the patron of free-thinkers, nomads and free cities, so he is less involved on the political scene of Ashan and does not have a big empire with large armies serving him. On the other hand, as you know, the Orcs follow Father Sky, so in a way, they are the Ylath faction.

[WHERE ARE THE DRAGONS?]
We did not "avoid" to have Dragons as Champion units in Heroes VI, but it was a bit too systematic in Heroes V and a lot of people complained about that. It doesn't mean that in the future we won't have factions with Dragon as Champions. I think you'll agree that some factions just cannot exist without a Dragon in their line-up... Finally, one of you remarked that leaving the black dragons out was a bad idea. But who said anything about leaving them out?

It's all for now. Keep submitting your questions on forums and fansites. See you soon for another video Q&A at next turn."

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 25 Feb 2011, 06:19

Tq for the script TT

I wonder why they decide Stronghold shouldn't have any boss.

" ... factions with Dragon as Champions ..."

So, at least two factions have dragons as Champion. Dungeon and Sylvan ?

New Screen shoot of Namtaru :
Better than in the art work

http://img27.imageshack.us/i/10112305.png/

Is that Medusa behind ? Is there any connection of Namtaru and Medusa ?

http://img806.imageshack.us/i/10112304.jpg/

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 25 Feb 2011, 07:53

So probably 2 bosses per faction?
Grah!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Feb 2011, 18:20

ecsunotos wrote: So, at least two factions have dragons as Champion. Dungeon and Sylvan
Nope, grammatically there's no implication in what he said that there would be more then one...

Who said there aren't any factions with X" and "Who said there isn't a faction with X" mean the same thing if there is only 1 faction with X... the 1st one is just more vague because it doesn't imply an upper limit of 1 faction like the second one.

ecsunotos wrote:Is that Medusa behind ? Is there any connection of Namtaru and Medusa ?

http://img806.imageshack.us/i/10112304.jpg/
That's a very old picture... as i recall there was something about going somewhere to get Mother Namtaru, so maybe that somewhere is close to the land of the Naga...

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 28 Feb 2011, 02:37

ThunderTitan wrote: That's a very old picture... as i recall there was something about going somewhere to get Mother Namtaru, so maybe that somewhere is close to the land of the Naga...
Old picture ? when ?
So that's just a part of campaign game then ?!

Btw, I missed Behemoth. I think the unit is quiet good, with it's reducing enemy defense ability. It fits stronghold theme.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Feb 2011, 08:42

As i recall the screenshot with the medusa face was amongst the first pics releases way back, at least when bosses where announced.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 31 Mar 2011, 18:50

well we know now that medusas have nothing to do with necropolis...
Grah!

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 01 Apr 2011, 01:49

Thelonious wrote:well we know now that medusas have nothing to do with necropolis...
That's why I asked what mother namtaru to do with medusa ? was that picture on the wall cave medusa ?

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 01 Apr 2011, 07:05

ecsunotos wrote:That's why I asked what mother namtaru to do with medusa ? was that picture on the wall cave medusa ?
Sanctuary wrote:They [Naga] were recently brought to the front stage of world affairs when a Necromancer army liberated the Mother Namtaru from one of their island prisons. The Mother Namtaru had been entrusted to their guardianship for over a millennia by the three dragon daughters of Asha.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Apr 2011, 23:05

And i remember the island thing from when Mother Namtaru was first introduced too...

Return to “Heroes V-VI”