No Blackies = please no Dungeon

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Feb 2011, 14:04

Fire Chicken was lame... even H4's was better, and you couldn't even tell if it was a bird or a funny shaped blob of fire.

What it should look like is this:

Dammit, where's a dimensional travel machine so i can go to a world where that NWC H5 actually got made...
Last edited by ThunderTitan on 18 Feb 2011, 14:05, edited 1 time in total.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 18 Feb 2011, 14:04

Or Kentucky Fried Chicken from HIV. :D

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Feb 2011, 14:35

Already mentioned H4's. And H5's was a bloody Fire Lizard...

And now its blue... át least it's a bird i guess.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

killersheep
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby killersheep » 18 Feb 2011, 15:20

blue fire exists (though mostly in science labs)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Feb 2011, 18:57

Also, in modern gas powered stoves... not really the point.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 21 Feb 2011, 18:48

Infiltrator wrote:
Kalah wrote:There were lots of dragons in H5, but since this is a prequel, who's to say there will be any?
Agreed there were too many in H5 but that's no reason to cut a core unit from a core faction.

Indeed. But regarding "cutting" out blood bound creatures to a faction.

Again its a prequel. Does the Ashan lore really dont matter to some of you?

Maybe in Dark Elfs lore, they had to EARN the right to recruit Black Dragons by showing them worthy to the Darkness dragon Malassa. In H5 they have but only the younger/weaker ones? Or did all H6 boss creatures shrink in power in some weird way until H5's storyline?

I say dont put ANY iconic top tier unit in ANY town in H6 if it dosent make sense or they are deemed too powerful, fitting as a champion unit.
Black Dragons should not be in Dungeon, same for any dragon (or other mighty creatures) for Sylvan etc.
BUT they could have linked connections to them as either or both as boss/faction related neutral. Would solve canon problems IMO.
Already mentioned H4's. And H5's was a bloody Fire Lizard...

Agreed. I hated the weird dragon/phoenix hybrid from H5. IMO H6 Phoenix are much better even if blue, heck I like its background so far about its connection to the moon AND also, blue fire are hotter. At least when it comes to stars..

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 21 Feb 2011, 20:47

Prequel or not, core is core. At any rate, the latest Q&A pretty much confirmed that Dungeon would be having a dragon as their champion.

As for the phoenix, the H2 version was the best IMO.
Infiltrator out.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 21 Feb 2011, 22:37

Infiltrator wrote:At any rate, the latest Q&A pretty much confirmed that Dungeon would be having a dragon as their champion.
Not sure you read that one correctly, look at Corlagon's post in the Q&A thread (page 3).
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 22 Feb 2011, 00:13

Not sure if we're thinking about the same thing but we've already discussed that here.

Even if they make the Black Dragon a boss, they can still call it Ancient Black Dragon and have "normal" blackies in the dungeon, or put shadow dragons there instead. In the end, it's more the creature, its look and its signature stats that matter than the actual name.
Infiltrator out.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 Feb 2011, 11:55

@Metathron

Marzhin said they might put a dragon in a town because it's iconic, and i for one can't think of any other town in which that applies. If they put it in Sylvan someone needs to die.
Orfinn wrote:also, blue fire are hotter. At least when it comes to stars..
Actually the colour comes from impurities within what's burning...

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 22 Feb 2011, 17:47

ThunderTitan wrote: If they put it in Sylvan someone needs to die.
I've just finished addressing the envelope of my death threat and am expecting the worst. :devious:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 Feb 2011, 12:26

mr.hackcrag wrote:
ThunderTitan wrote: If they put it in Sylvan someone needs to die.
I've just finished addressing the envelope of my death threat and am expecting the worst. :devious:
My envelope will just contain THIS IS FOR PUTTING THE DRAGON IN THE WRONG PLACE and lots of weapons grade anthrax...

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 23 Feb 2011, 19:29

I've come to consider game devs pretty dense these days, but that kind of mistake would ensure Black Hole was put in the Guinness book, for a not so commendable feat.
Infiltrator out.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 23 Feb 2011, 20:35

How about a dragon for the wizard faction? :D :D :D

(Sure there was the dragon golem which I liked a lot, but that was a golem ;))
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 24 Feb 2011, 02:59

ThunderTitan wrote:lots of weapons grade anthrax...
Change "lots" to "zounds" on account of their decision to make a blue phoenix associated with the moon, despite how the myth clearly expresses that the phoenix is associated with the sun, plus how they made an undead sphinx (wtf) when it would have made a lot more sense to put in academy because of wizard + wisdom association and that faction is probably going to be in the desert with Arabian vibe again anyway.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Feb 2011, 11:36

At least they explained the sphinx well enough (it was made by wizards, and the necro are still part of the Silver Cities at the time of H6).

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 24 Feb 2011, 14:36

Okay, but can you explain why angels are in the human faction instead of being in their own faction like how the demons are? Lazy, good for nothing angels... always working through humans... can't do anything themselves...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Feb 2011, 16:57

Have you actually bothered to read the lore?! Because they depleted tehir numbers fighting the Faceless (and exterminating them). Then the humans started worshipping the light dragon and all of a sudden they had ots of expandable meat shields... they'd have to be morons not to use them...

The demons on the other hand need any mortals serving them because they're trapped etc... and not a lot of mortals serve them willingly anyway... i'm sure they'd be glad to just use another races as meat shields if they could afford it.

Blue Phoenix when last time it was a fire lizard flying thing makes no sense though.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 24 Feb 2011, 21:20

Hackcrag smashes first and reads later. It's the Barbarian way.

Seriously though, the story and lore always seemed so stupid that it was too painful for me to read. But what I meant was that I would rather have a faction of celestial beings than the same old meatbags we've seen for over a decade.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 25 Feb 2011, 08:12

So you're asking if the heaven faction could please all get wings? What's the whole point in there? I doubt they'd make the faction more interesting by differentiating the units and making it a town with a certain play style...
Grah!

Return to “Heroes V-VI”