Devs in the Black Hole

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Zenofex
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Zenofex » 29 Jan 2011, 18:50

Znork wrote:We cant tell you ouer opnion until a later date of ubis choosing. That is the only limitasjon. We will be alowed to post evertying we saw from that test, and you can ask questions and youll get ouer opinons. ill get back to you when its time.
Why are you supposed to give us the answers instead of Ubisoft again? Seriously, this is getting way too unprofessional, isn't there anyone who can tell them these things?
Beware Kreegans bearing gifts.

LongDarkBlues
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby LongDarkBlues » 29 Jan 2011, 22:35

Zenofex wrote:Why are you supposed to give us the answers instead of Ubisoft again? Seriously, this is getting way too unprofessional, isn't there anyone who can tell them these things?
I'd say it's pretty much the definition of professional - it's not the dev's jobs to tell people every single step of their process.

Zenofex
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Zenofex » 29 Jan 2011, 22:50

That's right, it's the publisher's job. And the publisher definitely has to do more than asking some privileged fans to spread the word how good the game is (apparently saying how bad it is doesn't really count for advertising) or generally just to tell us something we don't know when the time is right - planets alignment, eclipses and such - I don't know what else they are waiting for. This better be combined with increased advertising activity of Ubi's officials, otherwise it will look very lame. So far we've received most of the useful info about the game via insiders. That's professional?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 29 Jan 2011, 23:18

Zenofex wrote:So far we've received most of the useful info about the game via insiders.
The Communities will no doubt play a bigger role in the future; the fans have all complained about Ubi's information policy via Facebook, and encouraged them to use the fan sites for releasing info instead. They are also stepping up their activity on their new main page.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 30 Jan 2011, 00:20

It's not a matter of advertising, an opinion can't ever be as simple as I liked it - not in heroes anyway :p You will have to mention features, how they work, what did not sit well with you or what you enjoyed, what felt missing and so on. Which although subject to personal bias leaves a lot up to the readers to decide how much they like/dislike it.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 30 Jan 2011, 05:51

Kalah wrote:They are also stepping up their activity on their new main page.

Yeah, for maybe a week after they found out how little they were contributing to their own official forum. After that it pretty much went back to nothing being added. Hell, I had to tell the forum manager that there were new screenshots of the day released because she didn't know about them and Ubi couldn't be bothered to pass along the info to her.

I mean seriously, how hard is it to just put up the rest of the units in the 3 factions they started? It's not like we don't know what the units are, so just add them to the page. It honestly won't surprise me if they just stop updating that altogether like they did for their page related to Heroes 5. If you remember, it basically only showed 3 out of the 8 factions and that was it.

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby vicheron » 30 Jan 2011, 06:56

Why do they need to update their site when the fans will do their work for them? I think they learned from the fan created Heroes 5 manual and skill wheel. They don't need to spend their money when hardcore fans will just do their job for them.

Zenofex
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Zenofex » 30 Jan 2011, 09:00

Kalah wrote:The Communities will no doubt play a bigger role in the future; the fans have all complained about Ubi's information policy via Facebook, and encouraged them to use the fan sites for releasing info instead. They are also stepping up their activity on their new main page.
So far their response to these complaints is screenshots. Which is more than nothing, but very far from sufficient. The biggest complaint as far as I can tell was and is about the lack of info regarding the game itself and they are still to release even a tiny bit about this precious stuff.
Regarding the web-site - it still remains semi-abandoned, they forgot about it a few days after they refreshed it, as King Imp said.
You will have to mention features, how they work, what did not sit well with you or what you enjoyed, what felt missing and so on. Which although subject to personal bias leaves a lot up to the readers to decide how much they like/dislike it.
The bias aside (nobody's expecting you to be flawless judges), the problem is that we've been requesting this information from Ubisoft for several months now, not from you. And OK, let's say that you've played the game for a day or two - this is not even close to enough to understand well how each thing works. The devs, respectively the publishers are supposed to know these things in-depth, hence they should be able to provide more accurate information about them. I'm pretty sure that many of your comments will have a "this may not be final; this might be changed; I've not seen how it works exactly in X, Y or Z hypothetical situation" trail.

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 30 Jan 2011, 10:37

Zenofex wrote:...I'm pretty sure that many of your comments should have a "this may not be final; this might be changed; I've not seen how it works exactly in X, Y or Z hypothetical situation" trail.
Fixed
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 30 Jan 2011, 12:39

Well, I understand your point, and that kind of info is being pushed for, I assure you. But the devs have a sense of pride in their work, and don't really wish to release "unfinished" info. Also, if they give out things like "this is how the spell system works", and then it's all changed later on, it's not like fans will stop complaining. ;)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 30 Jan 2011, 16:14

vicheron wrote:Why do they need to update their site when the fans will do their work for them? I think they learned from the fan created Heroes 5 manual and skill wheel. They don't need to spend their money when hardcore fans will just do their job for them.

Sad thing is this is so true. For a company as big as Ubisoft is, it's like they have no clue how to do their own job. Like Zenofex said, it should be their job to give out the info, not pass it along to a few insiders to do their job for them. At least during Heroes 5, Fabrice showed up now and then to pass along info. Where the hell is this Erwan guy? Instead of making Orc noises for a video, maybe he should be interacting with the community like his predecessor did.

Kalah wrote:Well, I understand your point, and that kind of info is being pushed for, I assure you. But the devs have a sense of pride in their work, and don't really wish to release "unfinished" info. Also, if they give out things like "this is how the spell system works", and then it's all changed later on, it's not like fans will stop complaining. ;)

By this point they shouldn't be worrying about changes and should be focusing on polishing and getting ready for release. That's my take on it anyway.

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 30 Jan 2011, 16:57

King Imp wrote:Sad thing is this is so true. For a company as big as Ubisoft is, it's like they have no clue how to do their own job. Like Zenofex said, it should be their job to give out the info, not pass it along to a few insiders to do their job for them. At least during Heroes 5, Fabrice showed up now and then to pass along info. Where the hell is this Erwan guy? Instead of making Orc noises for a video, maybe he should be interacting with the community like his predecessor did.
It's not for the first time that Ubi shows its cluelessness.
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 30 Jan 2011, 17:04

And Fabrice was very good. Sadly, he have no chance to work with Black Hole Devs - it would be interesting to see him in action again.

Erwan, ..I don't know nothing about this guy.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 Jan 2011, 08:22

King Imp wrote: By this point they shouldn't be worrying about changes and should be focusing on polishing and getting ready for release. That's my take on it anyway.
Or getting ready to delay the release...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 07 Feb 2011, 22:19

Ever the optimist ;)
Grah!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 09 Feb 2011, 16:30

That is me being optimistic... they'll probably just release it unfinished instead.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 10 Feb 2011, 01:13

ThunderTitan wrote:That is me being optimistic... they'll probably just release it unfinished instead.
And sells repairments for the bugs in expansion pack

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Feb 2011, 10:50

If they fix them all even that would be ok... i'm planning to wait for the Gold/Complete version anyway...

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 12 Feb 2011, 03:39

Settling for less pain, instead demanding more responsibility; they've finally beaten your sense of moral outrage out of you, huh, TT?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Feb 2011, 16:58

Oh don't worry, i'll still be screaming at the top of my lungs about everything that's wrong... it's just that i've always been that pragmatic... i just didn't let you guys know...

Return to “Heroes V-VI”