Who wants to see the Dwarf faction in Heroes VI?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Would you like to have a Dwarves faction in Heroes VI?

Yes, please!
29%
Really, No!
41%
I don't care.
31%

Total votes: 59

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Dec 2010, 16:08

Panda Tar wrote:Glad you noticed a resemblance though, given that I was mainly speaking for the units like druid, pixies, unicorns and elven rangers themselves. Not that I would care naming Sorceress or Sylvan as if matters.
There's a difference between not using the factions name and using a racial descriptor for it that only applies to the Heroes games after H5.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 08 Feb 2011, 03:53

Dwarf faction is okay, I like the idea of rune magic.
Dev can bring them back but with better lines up than those in HoMM V.
- Not too much dwarfes as lines up :(
- No Dragon for this faction :ill:
- No Giant Dwarf :vomit:

Pleaseeeeeeeee :beg:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 09 Feb 2011, 16:32

ecsunotos wrote: - No Giant Dwarf :vomit:
Or at the very least name him Biggy Smalls... and make him rap and gangsta shoot his crossbow.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 19 Feb 2011, 04:50

Can somebody explain to me the difference between a dwarf and a human? I understand the cultural differences of dwarf lifestyle like living in dirt and having a Santa Clause beard, but aren't they just shorter humans? I don't get it.

And for that matter, what's the difference between a dwarf and a halfling? Is it that one wears shoes and the other doesn't?

Anyway, I vote no because if I've said it once, I've said it a million times: Race based factions is the worst idea ever invented in homm. :mad:

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby vicheron » 19 Feb 2011, 08:06

Sure, why not. There's already a faction composed primarily of humans and several other factions where humans wield significant power like Tower/Academy, Dungeon, and Stronghold, so I don't see why other races can't have factions of their own.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 19 Feb 2011, 12:44

No, I want a swamp fortress.
Infiltrator out.

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 19 Feb 2011, 13:29

mr.hackcrag wrote:Can somebody explain to me the difference between a dwarf and a human? I understand the cultural differences of dwarf lifestyle like living in dirt and having a Santa Clause beard, but aren't they just shorter humans? I don't get it.

And for that matter, what's the difference between a dwarf and a halfling? Is it that one wears shoes and the other doesn't?

Anyway, I vote no because if I've said it once, I've said it a million times: Race based factions is the worst idea ever invented in homm. :mad:
Why don't you just start reading some Tolkien? ;)

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 19 Feb 2011, 14:44

vicheron wrote:Sure, why not. There's already a faction composed primarily of humans and several other factions where humans wield significant power like Tower/Academy, Dungeon, and Stronghold, so I don't see why other races can't have factions of their own.
Because race based factions is the worst idea ever invented in homm. :mad:
Darkström wrote: Why don't you just start reading some Tolkien? ;)
Just don't feel like it.

Neidhaart
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Neidhaart » 19 Feb 2011, 15:40

Maybe. As long as they dont do it like in H5.
"I did put the fires out."
"You made them worse!"
"Worse?!... Or better?"

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 Feb 2011, 11:46

mr.hackcrag wrote: Because race based factions is the worst idea ever invented in homm. :mad:
Unfortunately it's here to stay... all we can do now is try to limit it to at most only 3 units per faction...
mr.hackcrag wrote:Just don't feel like it.
Words bad, make head hurt...

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 22 Feb 2011, 17:30

ThunderTitan wrote: Words bad, make head hurt...
Well, the name is Hackcrag... Yet still, not one explanation...

And while I'm complaining, elves just look like humans with pointy ears. It seems some of the "different" factions could pass for a human faction any day. So it would be nice to replace some factions with more unique factions. Do we really need white elves and black elves and tall humans and short humans? This is made even worse with race-based factions where every unit is really the same unit, but with different cloths.

H2 had it right with just one elf unit, one dwarf unit, etc. Unfortunately, Human faction never had it right.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 Feb 2011, 12:30

Well making them humans with fur or cow face isn't that different...

Now making the dwarves have stony(or iron-ish) skin and glowing hair... that would make them look less like short humans.

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 23 Feb 2011, 13:00

ThunderTitan wrote: Now making the dwarves have stony(or iron-ish) skin and glowing hair... that would make them look less like short humans.
But I guess most players like their good old traditional dwarves. I surely do. :)

I'd be in favour of a dwarf faction if they spiced up the lineup a little bit. Something like this (just an idea):

Core:
Normal dwarf (defender)
Wolf or bear
some ranged unit

Elite:
Berserker
Salamander (big fire lizard)
Valkyrie (flyer)

Champion:
Giant

Crayfish
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Crayfish » 23 Feb 2011, 14:18

I want to see a race of tiny giants

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 23 Feb 2011, 18:41

Darkström wrote: Core:
Normal dwarf
I like the name
Darkström wrote:
Champion:
Giant
I don't understand why a giant would belong in a dwarf faction. :| That would be like putting a Thunder Titan in the Sincerity Faction. Where do people get these ideas?

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 23 Feb 2011, 19:05

mr.hackcrag wrote:
Darkström wrote: Core:
Normal dwarf
I like the name
:D
Darkström wrote:
Champion:
Giant
I don't understand why a giant would belong in a dwarf faction. :| That would be like putting a Thunder Titan in the Sincerity Faction. Where do people get these ideas?
Why not? Giants fit the norse theme of the dwarf faction. Just because they're big and dwarves are short doesn't mean they can't fight together.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 23 Feb 2011, 19:55

Darkström wrote: Why not? Giants fit the norse theme of the dwarf faction. Just because they're big and dwarves are short doesn't mean they can't fight together.
I guess they could fight together... but aren't giants just shorter titans? :devil:

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 23 Feb 2011, 20:10

mr.hackcrag wrote:I guess they could fight together... but aren't giants just shorter titans? :devil:
They don't throw thunderbolts. ;)

Too bad we don't have alternate upgrades anymore. Then you could upgrade them to frost giants or fire giants.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 23 Feb 2011, 20:25

mr.hackcrag wrote:I don't understand why a giant would belong in a dwarf faction. :| That would be like putting a Thunder Titan in the Sincerity Faction. Where do people get these ideas?
I think they fit the dwarf faction nicely in King's Bounty as their top tier unit. I don't think the implication was that they are oversized dwarves, but rather their allies. Anyway, if we are to have a dwarf faction in this game --which I doubt will happen and it does not sadden me one bit -- I'd much rather see some kind of giant be the champion than another boring dragon: fire, lava, magma or otherwise

Dwarves
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 24 Feb 2011, 02:51

Darkström wrote:Then you could upgrade them to frost giants or fire giants.
In H2 they upgraded to Titans. 8|
Metathron wrote:Dwarves
Why is that dwarf on the right wearing sun glasses?

Return to “Heroes V-VI”