Answers From the Devs

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Answers From the Devs

Unread postby Kalah » 26 Jan 2011, 23:30

Two weeks ago, questions were submitted to the Heroes VI developers, and the time has come for them to cough up some answers. This time, the focus is on the Ashan timeline.

<b>Q: How much time passes between the <i>M&M Heroes V</i> games? How many years pass total between the beginning of H5 to the end of <i>Tribes of the East</i>?</b>

A: The essential dates to remember, and what is really important in the big picture, is the time that passes between the end of the original H5 game (YSD 969) and the beginning of Dark Messiah (YSD 990). Those twenty years are the period in which Sareth, son of Queen Isabel and Kha-Beleth, who is the potential Dark Messiah, grows up.

<b>Q: What happens to the Sylvan faction after their High King Alaron dies? Who takes charge of Irollan?</b>

A: Findan, due to his exemplary conduct during Queen Isabel's War, is appointed regent. It is a safe choice, as he has never coveted the throne and his integrity is unquestioned. Thus, it will lie to him to decide how the next ruler and ruling clan will be selected. This is a separate episode in the history of Irollan.

<b>Q: What other Dark Elf Clans exist besides Shadowbrand, Soulscar and Nightshard? And what other Free Cities exist besides Stonehelm?</b>

A: Further details of the Dark Elves are planned to be unveiled in future episodes, so we would rather not give out that information right now. Other notable Free Cities include Foster's Reach, Listmoor, Eridan Crossing, and Karthal. And there is another one that the community will learn more about over the coming months ...

<b>Q: Are there really 3 moons in Ashan? If so, which one is the Primordial Dragon Asha buried in? Can all 3 open the gate to the demon prison during eclipse?</b>

A: Ashan has only a single moon where Asha lives to overlook her creation. The moon is in fact a cocoon that Asha wove around herself to heal and rest after the Dragon Wars. However, this moon, like ours, has several phases, and the people of Ashan consider that, like Asha, it has three main aspects, or "faces":

1) The face of Death (the Spider Queen), symbolized by the New Moon.

2) The face of Life (the White Mother), symbolized by the Full Moon.

3) The face of Destiny (the Blind Maiden), symbolized by the Changing Moon.

As the moon is Asha's realm, within Ashan's fiery core is Urgash's prison. A Blood Moon Eclipse is a time when the planet Ashan blocks the sun's rays from striking the moon; Asha is thus "eclipsed" by Urgash.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1296084622
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Jan 2011, 08:00

Well this isn't at all disappointing...

I really hope there's more coming... and abut something more interesting then lore from 400 years later then when H6 happens.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 27 Jan 2011, 09:32

>>>A: The essential dates to remember, and what is really important in the big picture, is the time that passes between the end of the original H5 game (YSD 969) and the beginning of Dark Messiah (YSD 990). Those twenty years are the period in which Sareth, son of Queen Isabel and Kha-Beleth, who is the potential Dark Messiah, grows up.

IIRC from dev letters from HV it was 18 years between end of HV and beginning of DM. And Laszlo's bio from HoF inform us about few years had pass between end of HV and beginning of HoF.
Really Ubi, you should do your homework better then gave us answers which are not answering anything.

>>>A: Further details of the Dark Elves are planned to be unveiled in future episodes, so we would rather not give out that information right now. Other notable Free Cities include Foster's Reach, Listmoor, Eridan Crossing, and Karthal. And there is another one that the community will learn more about over the coming months ...

So we know at least what is Karthal from HV world map. And let me guess title for HVI expansion: "Rise of the Elves"? :P
However, info about another Free City which can be in HVI is interesting for me.

>>>A: Ashan has only a single moon where Asha lives to overlook her creation.

I suppose no one from Ubi played HV with Necromancers then? Or in next 400 years Ashan will gain another two shiny objects on night sky?

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 27 Jan 2011, 11:20

Wow, I so don't care about those.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 27 Jan 2011, 12:44

^ +1, but still I have a tiny question about it - will Ashan continue it's devolution with the years pass?

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 27 Jan 2011, 14:12

If so it's a good thing that they aim for a prequel :D
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Answers From the Devs

Unread postby XEL II » 27 Jan 2011, 15:54

>However, info about another Free City which can be in HVI is interesting for me.<

I bet it has something to do with that city which was "founded by the refugees from Erathia" from HoMM V. Nice way to tie-in Ashan with M&M universe, actually. The only thing that remains is to explain the origins of Asha and Urgash, but that shouldn't be hard.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Answers From the Devs

Unread postby XEL II » 27 Jan 2011, 15:58

>IIRC from dev letters from HV it was 18 years between end of HV and beginning of DM. And Laszlo's bio from HoF inform us about few years had pass between end of HV and beginning of HoF.<

The information from Q&A doesn't contradict that at all.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Answers From the Devs

Unread postby vicheron » 27 Jan 2011, 22:04

Yes, let's appoint a person who doesn't know anything about politics, economics, or diplomacy, and had no aspirations to learn any of that to be the king of our nation.

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Answers From the Devs

Unread postby XEL II » 28 Jan 2011, 05:37

>Yes, let's appoint a person who doesn't know anything about politics, economics, or diplomacy, and had no aspirations to learn any of that to be the king of our nation.<

And he also must be a horrible one-dimensional character with no personality, who likes ****ty rhyming.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Re: Answers From the Devs

Unread postby parcaleste » 28 Jan 2011, 06:29

XEL II wrote:>Yes, let's appoint a person who doesn't know anything about politics, economics, or diplomacy, and had no aspirations to learn any of that to be the king of our nation.<

And he also must be a horrible one-dimensional character with no personality, who likes ****ty rhyming.
Findan?

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Answers From the Devs

Unread postby vicheron » 28 Jan 2011, 09:21

>And he also must be a horrible one-dimensional character with no personality, who likes ****ty rhyming.

He's also completely forgettable. Heck, the heroes in Heroes 1 and 2 were more memorable and they had no biographies, quests, or campaigns.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Jan 2011, 09:32

They're hippie elves... they probably choose kings based on who had the pretties hair...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 28 Jan 2011, 13:57

Findan WAS a diplomat so we can assume he knew a few things about the kingdom. Besides like the answer says he is temporarily regent and a pretty safe choice.
- Metathron

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 28 Jan 2011, 15:18

Yes, letting Biara go after seeing how she slauthered Tieru was pretty "safe" and diplomatic way for future king or regent.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 28 Jan 2011, 15:56

With the world hanging in the balance? Preserving that scroll was absolutely necessary and he made the right choice to not succumb to his emotions.
- Metathron

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 28 Jan 2011, 16:47

ThunderTitan wrote:They're hippie elves... they probably choose kings based on who had the pretties hair...
Or who will provide the best weed.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Jan 2011, 18:29

Once the ganja kicks in the hair is what matters most...

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Answers From the Devs

Unread postby vicheron » 28 Jan 2011, 23:31

>Findan WAS a diplomat so we can assume he knew a few things about the kingdom. Besides like the answer says he is temporarily regent and a pretty safe choice.

The character was so forgettable that I don't even remember that he was supposed to be a diplomat.

>With the world hanging in the balance? Preserving that scroll was absolutely necessary and he made the right choice to not succumb to his emotions.

Because capturing one of the top lieutenants of the enemy would have no strategic value right?

Plus Findan still succumbed to his emotions when he decided to save Irollan from the undead rather than going straight to Zehir and stopping the Demon Sovereign.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Answers From the Devs

Unread postby Elvin » 28 Jan 2011, 23:57

Well there was the option to let the world be destroyed or kill Biara. Opting to save Irollan could only help in appointing him as regent no? :) Besides he managed to do both.
- Metathron

Return to “News”