Unholy Alliance→ Final Peace

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
ventsi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ventsi » 28 Apr 2007, 07:40

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/297

ventsi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ventsi » 28 Apr 2007, 07:40

I have a question about this scenario. Lord Fayette comes out of his castle and attacks me. I can't raise an army large enough to beat him. Also, instead of Gem, a random hero appears starting the scenario. When I choose the 30 Grand Elves as bonus, it doesn' give them to me? What should I do to win the scenario. Once, the lord appeared in the very beginning and I was able to beat him, but I hadn't seen much of the scenario, so I really wanted to finish it up. Can you help me? Thank you

Ansive
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ansive » 21 Jan 2009, 18:45

A few days after they passed the black dragons I wanted to start my invasion... had a decent army... 200 elfs, 14 dragons... the rest really didn't matter since they were all dead once the black knights touched them, I also left all the dwarfs and treants behind his they're too slow... big mistake. I was only able to win since fayette didn't have haste... he also blew his mana imploding the gold dragons... once that happened. Mass haste, mass slow, and the arrows started flying.

Leveled up and passed on to the next map.

fargus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby fargus » 21 Jun 2010, 15:57

his black knights are very strong. i found that my spell power wasn't high enough to kill many of them with implosion or offensive magic, so what i did was cast a force field in front of the castle gate. fayette's flying units came out and were killed by my walkers. i waited with dragons and unicorns and used them to hit and run on the liches, then to clear fliers. the force field traps the black knights inside, while the grand elf stack (i had almost 300) shoots them down. cast bless/implosion, alternate with refreshing force field and the fight is easy.

einherjar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby einherjar » 06 Oct 2010, 15:17

I have the same problem as ventsi... no Gem, no 30 grand elves. It starts with Clancy who is level 25 and another random Druid hero also level 25 (Alagar, Coronius, Uland, Melodia, Malcom, etc). Another interesting thing is that Clancy always starts with Garniture of Interference and the random hero always starts with Charm of Mana. I searched this thing on net and it seems that it is a bug that doesn't have a solution (I play Heroes Complete). If anyone has the same problem... or maybe a solution to it... pls post.

mhorram
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby mhorram » 19 Jan 2011, 00:57

I think I have the answer to your problem. I ran into it 4 times while trying to correct it. Now I get what I should when Final Peace starts). It looks like a design bug causes the issue.

In the scenario immediately preceding Final Peace (i.e. Gelu's scenario) you can purchase Gem as a hero. If you do and still have her when you proceed to Final Peace you get your problem. Just remember to dismiss Gem prior to winning the scenario. Now you get your archers and a level 25 Gem with expert Wisdom etc.

pixelman09
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby pixelman09 » 11 Feb 2012, 18:05

A million thanks mhorram, that did the trick! I now have Gem as a hero at the start of the campaign.

Dec
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dec » 13 Sep 2013, 01:38

Fayette rushed with 80 Knights through the BDs on week 3, he got Town Portal in his own castle... happens

edit: destroyed the catapult and killed him
Edited on Thu, Sep 12 2013, 21:46 by Dec

sill3nt
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sill3nt » 11 Jan 2015, 14:14

Guys!!! Need some advices please..

Getting fed up here with "Final peace scenario". Here're my situations:

- I started with Gem (as main hero), skill: expert air-water-earth-wisdom-archery-logistics-tactics-diplomacy.

- I thought that skill combination's awesome. I felt overconfidence at start (I've already knew what'll be face against).

- Why diplomacy? I plan to flag all mines in my area ASAP (within 2 weeks), without a great loss, coz I need my full troop to face that corpse b*st*rd (ups.. fayette). Done well..

- Diplomacy has a weakness, money indeed! So I spent first week to upgrade two main city with money generator building (expect: treasury). Besides, I want to prepare money to buy all troops (expect. Dragon)

- 3rd week, everyting seemed to done well. All troops ready: 19 medusas, 11 vamp lords, 68 grand elfs, 65 battle dwarfs, 5 nagas, 11 dendroid sldrs, 150 centas. I felt ready to defence my tower againts f*ckyette.

- Something unexpected things, enemy push until before black dragon, they would not push deeper, even untill end of 1st month (error starts here).

- I've gathered more powerfull troops (including war unicorn). I decided to push into black dragons (it'll be bad if more waiting). BD chicken run, so I didn't loss a troops. First, I hoped to buy them, but it seems imposible.

- To short story, 3rd month - 2nd week, everthings seemed well, although I improvised my planning. I flag all anemy castled, the fayette didn't have any castle anymore! Just count to 7.

- Here's the flaw! After 2 days without castle, the b*st*rd can go directly into one of castle without confusing (I thought, in previous maps, AI should confused, or at least wandering to find his ex-castle). I've already build Cover of D.

-The crazy one seemed stronger, had 100 dark knight, 30 dread knight, 150 vamp lord, 80 power lich, and 2 skel D (not upgraded yet). I assumed, I've already depleted his income and his creature generation in the middle of 2nd month.

- VS me with: 300 grand elf, 10 gold D, 14 ghost D, 465 battle dwarf, 685 cap centas, 50 war unicrs, 120 dend sold.

- I felt confident to defend my castle. Until, his "finger of death-100 dark knight" and "the invicible-150 vamp lords" kissed my troops. Disaster!!! WTH!

- The facts reveals:

- His 1 dark knight has attack power: 37! Equal with my 1 Gold D! That was insane and inapropriate, unballance, WTH!

- My Implosion (expert earth - 11 power) just a scratch for the enourmous dark knight. It was often be missed by his magic resistance. FYI, my mana only 66 point's (be used for TP before).

- He has expert haste! My expert slowed is no use.

- He has town portal in his skill book, no need to open gate to gather that insane troops.

- I didn't have force field for castle defence.. my bad luck, no castle mage guild gave it to me. If there's, maybe it'll be useless because I encountered his earthquake!

- Clancy only showed contribution in 1-2nd week. The rest, he was just a courrier. He even doesn't has expert earth (only wind).

- The result, even in my castle, I become a chicken! I could handled his 30 dread knight, 80 power lich, and his skel D. But, "finger of death-100 dark knight" and "the invicible-150 vamp lords" are godlike creatures for me. (ATK 1 dark knight = 1 gold D), WTH!

Where're my error? I need advices:

- I spend too much time, touching the 3rd month. Do I?

- Bad luck, he had TP. Doens't it?

- How many this pre-started troops? If I'm not mistaken, at least they're: 80 dark knight, 80 vamp lords, 80 power lich. Is it right? If it is, that's insane! Castle defense is harder without force field..

- It seems the last resort is restart.. Hopeless..

Need your advices..

Btw, I hate Necropolis! Because they're too strong and unbalance for the others in late game, I can't imagine VS sandro with his "liches harvest-artifact", in my opinion. This maps forced me to do late game like this.
Edited on Sun, Jan 11 2015, 09:23 by sill3nt

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 11 Jan 2015, 15:48

Just general question, are you expert Air Magic? That would come handy, not because of Destroy Undead spell but for Disrupting Ray and Chain Lightning.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

sill3nt
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sill3nt » 12 Jan 2015, 12:50

@Pol

Wow, thanks for your quick reply..

Yeah, air magic (i missspelled with wind magic hahaha)

Hmm, but i dont think so. That's not effective against top tier undead unit, such as: lich, dark/dread K, skel/ghost D. maybe it will only kill 1 or 2 of them. Even my implosion only damage 1000++. It helps to destroy power lich effective enough but not with dread/black knight. I am not power up Gem so much.. Just tried to finish previous maps ASAP, until got TP..

I think carefully, restart maybe not helping, 3DO design this game to be long ended. Maybe i need to spare him, one castle and block his movement. He seems like not to attack me (because of my huge army). Then, wait for 2 or three weeks untill my army is oversize him, bigger, and bigger. Then do ultimate battle (just like hoomm2 end map - i forgot the name). I don't like long game like this.. I will rest this game for some days week :(

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 12 Jan 2015, 20:32

If his magic is a problem, you can try to deplete his mana pool by sending kamikaze heroes with 5-7 stacks of single level 1 units.

If you are not gaining significant advantage from magic use, why use a magic hero at all. Have a look at Clancy and if his might skills are more comparable with enemy skills use him instead of Gem. Gem probably hasn't got many level ups, so she should not be much higher level than Clancy.

Dunno if artifact merchants can give something truely usable.

From spells disruption ray should indeed not be underestimated. Force field, teleport, clone, prayer could also help is traditional mass slow/haste fails.

If you have more towns than him and townportal spell, evading and recapturing towns until your forces overwhelm him may indeed be the simplest solution.

sill3nt
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sill3nt » 14 Jan 2015, 09:08

@Pitsu

Just have tested last night another option.. I load few days before my current save. I struck him with my army (less size than my current). His army is less than now too. Still not giving positive result. The dark knight is very irritating.

Yes, I agree with u! No other choice but waiting and power up with more artifact and army. Disrupting ray is helpful indeed. But i think, there is no time to cast it. Each round he cast mass slow, and I counter with mass haste, than he cast mass defence. I choose to cast dispell because his army with defence++ is very hard to hit, especially dark/dread K.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Unholy Alliance→ Final Peace

Unread postby Pitsu » 14 Jan 2015, 09:51

sill3nt wrote: But i think, there is no time to cast it. Each round he cast mass slow, and I counter with mass haste, than he cast mass defence.
AI casts spells even if he does not have to. You can hire heroes and give them enough stacks (pegasi!) to survive two rounds of battle and deplete his mana. If he cannot cast spells, the fight is much easier.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 14 Jan 2015, 12:06

sill3nt wrote:@Pol

Wow, thanks for your quick reply..

Yeah, air magic (i missspelled with wind magic hahaha)

Hmm, but i dont think so. That's not effective against top tier undead unit, such as: lich, dark/dread K, skel/ghost D. maybe it will only kill 1 or 2 of them. Even my implosion only damage 1000++. It helps to destroy power lich effective enough but not with dread/black knight. I am not power up Gem so much.. Just tried to finish previous maps ASAP, until got TP..

I think carefully, restart maybe not helping, 3DO design this game to be long ended. Maybe i need to spare him, one castle and block his movement. He seems like not to attack me (because of my huge army). Then, wait for 2 or three weeks untill my army is oversize him, bigger, and bigger. Then do ultimate battle (just like hoomm2 end map - i forgot the name). I don't like long game like this.. I will rest this game for some days week :(
It's extremely effective if you can deploy this tactic. Use chainlighting to destroy the catapult - you must have sufficient damage. (Catapults are immune to implosion.) Destroy flyers, eliminate the rest - if walls were not breached or you managed to patch them - with disrupting ray and shooters. As dirupting ray can be casted repeatedly, it's just matter of time to make his defense very close to zero.

And drain his mana before as Pitsu said.

PS Neither party should use expert or advanced dispel. That would make this tactic void.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 14 Jan 2015, 15:27

Why would there be a problem with dispel? AFAIK disruption ray cannot be dispelled. One of the nice bonuses of that spell.

sill3nt
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sill3nt » 22 Jan 2015, 04:00

@ Pitsu and Pol

Hi guys, thx for your advices!

It took me a while to finish this scenario. Maybe i am exhausting and need some days off after continuing HOMM 1 - 3. After all, this game need a lot of time to finish, even just one scenario.

Finally, i can continue to next scenario "Secreat Revealed"

Disruption ray cannot be dispelled?! what?! that's new info for me..

Return to “Articles”