Sandro/Yog/other lore characters discussion

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 13 Jan 2011, 17:50

ThunderTitan wrote:
2. No, it simply means that Lord Haart was a TWIN.
:lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu:

Wow, a soap opera staple as an argument, that's lame even by your standards...
Might and Magic X:

Sheltem: Corak never told you what really happened to your father..

Kastore: He told me enough! He told me you killed him!

Sheltem: No, I am your father.

Kastore: No... no, that's not true! That's impossible!

Sheltem: Search your feelings, you know it to be true!

Kastore: NOOOOOOO!!!!!! Image *grabs a blaster and shoots nearby Necromancer*

Now, seriously, come on, this whole idea about Sandro, Crag Hack, Gem, Lord Haart etc, being separate characters in different games is a complete ass pull and has absolutely no canonical information to support it whatsoever.

As for recruitable heroes from HoMM 1-2, most of them are just filling out the roster, just like in HoMM 3-4 there are different characters from different places that could be hired in Taverns (for instance, you can hire Dungeon heroes when fighting against Nighon in RoE, or hire Sandro before his release from Deyjan prison), only here heroes are also from different planets. So, basically nearly all of those heroes didn't appear on Enroth and didn't take part in the First War of Enrothian Succession and the Succession Wars, but some of them are different (from their M&M I-V counterparts) characters with same names, which applies to those who were part of the story in later games: Yog, Falagar, Crag Hack, Sandro, Gem, Luna and a few more.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Jan 2011, 18:21

Slayer of Cliffracers wrote: There is a fairly decent probability that one of the heroes is a twin.
There's nothing indicating a twin, so the possibility is the same as any other possibility...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Might and Magic”