Might & Magic 10; been in development for years + teaser

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 11 Jan 2011, 17:08

It wouldn't say "in development" if it was out, now would it? :D

dogthenine
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dogthenine » 11 Jan 2011, 17:11

it says "been in development", past tense ;)

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 11 Jan 2011, 20:19

Bowerbank wrote:imagine doing a project like this in your spare time, there are plenty of other things in life that need to be taken care of before you can commit to working on something like this. It will take time, for me I log on the forums a few times a week if theres news great if not ill browse the other posts :)
my hot tip of the day:

if you are not prepared to skip some stuff IRL you should not start these kind of projects at all.
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 12 Jan 2011, 18:08

The project is active. I know that they are currently generating the new overland map areas.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

Lord13
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Lord13 » 13 Jan 2011, 18:06

Good to hear this project is alive. MnM community supports this
hard work no matter how long will take, just keep it alive ;)
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...
Only heroes live forever!

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 14 Jan 2011, 20:53

and try to get it out within atleast 2 years to retain interest from the public, not 20+
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

NicholasRay
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby NicholasRay » 14 Jan 2011, 21:49

I am the web developer for this project and yes things are going slow, but were having a big update when we launch the new website! :]

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 14 Jan 2011, 22:33

NicholasRay wrote:I am the web developer for this project and yes things are going slow, but were having a big update when we launch the new website! :]
Hey NicholasRay, I knew I recognized your name from the MMX forums!

I've been trying to find out what's going on with the project because I'm looking for something to work on to help move things along. A new website with a big update sounds fantastic! I am excited already :D

Here's a new years resolution for 2011: do some hardcore work on MMX!

NicholasRay
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby NicholasRay » 15 Jan 2011, 22:20

No offence, but what do you do exactly with the project?

Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Vector » 09 Feb 2011, 07:09

Where to start. I honestly don't know how news about my lay-off from work made it to the forums, but it did. I was hoping to keep it to myself, but I must have informed someone and didn't mention to keep it to themselves, so be it. I've been absent for a few months, and obviously I had good enough reason to be. I did however get another job, and things will slowly be getting back into the groove.

It has also become apparent that many here think my team is in disarray; I can't argue there as more than a few of us have had their issues:
-Vector: laid off from work
-Darknessfood: he had some personal issues to deal with, and I don't know if he wants me talking about them here...
-Pirvix: I don't believe there are any issues with him
-Corlagon: Other than just completing a Heroes project, I don't believe there are issues with him either
-NicRay: I just talked to him a little while ago; he will be gone for the next six months due to deployment in the Army
-Aria: She helps with minor graphic issues, but is very involved in her own project.
I would like to get everything back on track and find out which team members are still involved and who has moved onto different things. I already know about Aria and Nic, but would like to hear from Corlagon, Darknessfood, and Pirvix.

I have also discovered that some here think BDJ is working on our team, and have even seen some suggesting that he work on our team. He is merely helping us by making tutorials for us to follow. I can honestly say that our team is not in the position to even utilize his help other than his tutorials. In no way, shape, or form does that mean he's sitting at home on his computer whipping out landmass for us... because he can't, because we still have to get the story in order since we scrapped the first one. On top of that, the quest lines need to be complete. Bottom line is, I'm flat out gracious that he offered us tutorials; if that's all he did, I would be more than ecstatic. He's the only one here to release a massive total conversion/new game; until we have our sh*t straight, there is no way I can stomache asking for his help... and that's me being humble. Much respect goes to him in this community, and he earned it.

I inevitably knew this whole 'layoff' issue would bring about a 'MMT' moment when everyone would think the project was dead. I should have just said something because the cat got out of the bag anyway. This project is not dead, but I will admit that it did have to take a break while I took the time to find another job. Anyway, let's get this rolling again; I need to hear from your Corlagon ;)

PS: Our site will be down due to a server switch at the gaming universe
||\............/||_||\............/||_\\.....//
||..\......../..||_||..\......../..||__\\.//
||....\..../....||_||....\..../....||__//.\\
||......\/......||_||......\/......||_//.....\\

Might and Magic X: The Anduran Saga
Official Website: http://www.mightandmagic10.thegaminguniverse.com/

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 16 Feb 2011, 23:54

I'll help with scripting when significant amount of scripting tasks are finalized and ready for implementation.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 17 Feb 2011, 05:15

GrayFace wrote:I'll help with scripting when significant amount of scripting tasks are finalized and ready for implementation.
Thanks GrayFace! :D I'll make sure Vector knows.

WORMTHRAX THE DRAGON
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

THIS IS COOL

Unread postby WORMTHRAX THE DRAGON » 20 Feb 2011, 13:34

I AM SO EXCITED THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

is there anything i could do to help i'm no programmer but i could help with dialogue and things like that. i could also help you by giving you my ideas of new things you could put in the game and see if you like them.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 28 Feb 2011, 19:13

MMXAlamar wrote:Thanks GrayFace! :D I'll make sure Vector knows.
I've changed my mind a little. I'd like to script an NPC with promotion quests and also some relatively complicated quest or NPC dialog right now. Here by complicated I mean quests like Destroyer's riddles or BDJ's class changes. These quests may have placeholder texts.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 15 Mar 2011, 21:52

Psst...I know there hasn't been much said about the project lately but I'll let you guys in on a little secret. We now have an official map of Rysh, which is very exciting! It still needs a bit of work, but it's going to be as accurate as possible. We're also going to be working on assembling an official map of Lodwar later on...

Rest assured, there is much more exciting stuff going on behind the scenes! :D

Shurikas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Shurikas » 16 Mar 2013, 07:53

i would like an update of the current planed realease date for mmx if it is going too even bee realeased

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 18 Mar 2013, 03:11

The cake is a lie.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 18 Mar 2013, 10:24

i would like an update of the current planed realease date for mmx if it is going too even bee realeased
Even blizard cant name release dates on their games, and sometimes sit on games for ten years (Diablo 3). There is no realistic way to expect fan made game to have any foreseeable deadlines, specially considering that game is not even 1/3 complete. As such devs may not even foresee what sort of roadblock they will encounter. For example similar mmt game is in development for approximately 10 years, and due to various circumstances which are more than likely to occur for any such project(loss of existing devs, no core developers available, large circulation of personal, loss of momentum etc) before it could even produce any tangible results.
As for this one, well we can only hope they can pull it off, but I currently wouldn't expect any ETA on release.

Flodarien
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Might & Magic 10; been in development for years + te

Unread postby Flodarien » 22 Mar 2013, 04:41

Vector wrote: What if Ubisoft releases a MMX?
We doubt it, not to mention Ubisoft abandoned the original storyline; we are fast approaching a decade since any news of a MMX. We will worry about it if that day ever comes, but not likely.
Well, I think we can safely say now that after a decade, they decided to go along and make a true Might & Magic X. It is now time to worry. I wonder what will happen with this.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 22 Mar 2013, 06:59

Why? This game was started with the intention of continuing the saga Ubi left behind when they created Ashan. Since Ubi have not changed their minds about that, what does another fan project matter?

Apart from the name, I guess. ;)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Return to “Might and Magic”