HVI units (images)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Nelgirith
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nelgirith » 16 Dec 2010, 23:04

Sadly H6 Stronghold will be very similar to H5 Stronghold :

Core : Goblins, Orc Maulers, Harpies (NEW)
Elite : Centaurs, Orc Slayers, Shamans (NEW)
Champion : Cyclops

Dave_Jame
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Dave_Jame » 17 Dec 2010, 08:15

Shamans are new?! That's funny, the version of H5 TotE i played already had them.

Looks to me like they just replaced the Wyvern with the Harpies... which might hint at the Wyvern being included somewhere else (i hope).
Or that the Poa-Kai is actuely used as a Boss.
In the german description, harpies live on the "Poa Islands" Thats why I was surprised that they are not included in the lineup.

Metal Wolf
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Metal Wolf » 17 Dec 2010, 10:26

No classic Wolf/Wolf Rider and yet the harpy and the centaur return from H4 to haunt this faction again...
Add to this fewer factions (overall), fewer tiers, many changes to classic aspects of the game and one can not overlook the notion that game begins to look more and more like fans least favourite H4.

I have to admit that the units look great and all fit asrtistically to the "jungle" theme, yet this is a big step off of the original Barbarian concept and I don't like it.

Dave_Jame
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Dave_Jame » 17 Dec 2010, 18:43

Mirez wrote:I think it's good. I hate having to ant-line my heroes to get an army from a to b in time.
I still think it will do more harm then good. I hope you wont be the one complaining that the game is to easy...

Back to topic

The Sandor (sounds to much like Sandro) reminded me of this
The worm from DM...

LoneKnight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby LoneKnight » 17 Dec 2010, 18:50

Isn't that "you can buy any unit everywhere" just a speculation? At the very least you'd need the dwellings built to train the troops. That alone should mean that unless you have a fully upped town there, you won't be able to restock on everything.

I don't find the pools too bad as a general idea. I mean, it's not like you keep track of how much gold you have on your hero and in the treasury of each town... so going by that line of thought, if you consider your units resources to be used/trained, it makes sense that you don't care about where they are, only that they are available. At least as much sense as anything in the HoMM game world anyway.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 19 Dec 2010, 17:33

Er, didn't really like this Stronghold faction, although I liked (a little bit) of the Mayan fashion. The reasons are something like others have stated: HoMM V version 2 (not that Haven, Necropolis or Inferno are also immune to this repetition), but this one seem less fun that the latter game - I say I'll also miss Wyverns / why don't they get rid of Cyclops? *becoming angry all of a sudden*
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 20 Dec 2010, 16:27

Panda Tar wrote:I say I'll also miss Wyverns / why don't they get rid of Cyclops? *becoming angry all of a sudden*
First off: I've only seen 6 different unit types of which no clear cyclops; IMHO it's rather a troll than a cyclops. That leaves 1 spot for a wyvern; which, because HoMM VI is going to be (could this be possible?) overbalanced (that's the second ;)) is very likely seeing as the only other flyer are the harpies (necropolis has 2 flyers, haven has 3, inferno has several units with wings who'll they'll most like won't use; yet I'd expect 2 units who'll either fly of teleport - that leads to the conclusion that stronghold will have a second flyer as well)
Grah!

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 20 Dec 2010, 21:52

Thelonious wrote:First off: I've only seen 6 different unit types of which no clear cyclops;
Here you go, look at them once more. ;)

All names are not sure (can be wrong) until Ubisoft confirm (official reveal) them.
Last edited by Avonu on 20 Dec 2010, 22:00, edited 3 times in total.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 20 Dec 2010, 21:56

Hmm I missed that cyclops. It looks a bit more hunched this time round though. To bad. And I don't think I'll like the pather warrior...
Grah!

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 20 Dec 2010, 22:30

i hope we get Wyverns as neutrals AT LEAST. I loved the Foul ones. A bit weak but their backstory was interesting. Read "shamans put them on a special diet", rotten salads :D

jaguar and Panther warriors? Hint that mighty cats might be neutrals too?

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 20 Dec 2010, 22:58

PLEASE! no zebra centaurs, please please please :(
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 23 Dec 2010, 21:30

And we have names for the new units now.

Jaguar Warrior (middle)

Panther Warrior (middle)

Centaur

Centaur Marauder

Dreamreaver

Dreamwalker

spamm_ru
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby spamm_ru » 24 Dec 2010, 18:33

furret
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby furret » 29 Dec 2010, 18:32

I feel a bad about this new stronghold. They are doing again the same mistake from HOMM5 with the same creatures all other again - too many orcs in too many similiar outfits. The ogre looks just like a big orc itself. :(
Why coudn't they continue with the good vareity they put in the core units?

I just got a flashback now and I figure I dreamed today they revived the fortress and it was awesome. I wonder why I dreamed it today as I didn't think about HOMM for a long time...

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 06 Jan 2011, 21:23

anyone else noticed that the goblin shares resemblance with the ghoul, tormentor and the maniac? Or is it just me?
Grah!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Jan 2011, 22:17

Someone even posted a pic of that (well sans the goblin, coz it was before the Stronghold got announced).

BTW, this was actually funny: http://might-and-magic.ubi.com/heroes-6 ... m:6-231-32

Also, are they hinting at us being able to make choices on what each sibling chooses to do in the campaigns here or are those just attempts at generating interest in the story: http://might-and-magic.ubi.com/heroes-6 ... -Maintab-3 (this is about all the bios, they all seem to do that, even if it looks like someone just put them through google translate)
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 06 Jan 2011, 22:34

Neutral creature revealed: Water Dragon.

Image Image Image

"Avatars of Shalassa, the Dragon-goddess of water, these creatures are often found protecting places both sacred and forbidden to common mortals. A Dragon Eel masters the magical powers from which it draws its name, and is summoned in times of great necessity by those closest to Shalassa. It is a force a nature that only the most courageous of armies would dare challenge in battle."
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 06 Jan 2011, 22:44

So the Dragon-goddess"es" of water I guess?? :|

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 07 Jan 2011, 02:28

Another mention of Nagas in the ghoul's description...

Those ability description are pretty funny btw.

Nelgirith
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nelgirith » 07 Jan 2011, 12:13

Variol wrote:So the Dragon-goddess"es" of water I guess?? :|
They're avatars of Shalassa, not Shalassa herself. Just like black dragons were avatars of Malassa or like Mother Namtaru is an avatar of Asha.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”