Asking The Devs - What Do You Want To Know?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Asking The Devs - What Do You Want To Know?

Unread postby Kalah » 04 Jan 2011, 14:36

I am compiling a list of questions for the devs. What do you want me to ask them?

Single-sentence questions would be nice.

(P.S.: This thread will be cleaned regularly, as new info emerges).
Last edited by Anonymous on 06 Apr 2011, 21:31, edited 1 time in total.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Dave_Jame
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Dave_Jame » 04 Jan 2011, 14:48

Will the Player have the opertunity to customize the Game mechanics? (ex Activate/Deactivate the Creature Pool/area of control. Enable/disable town conversion?)

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 04 Jan 2011, 19:14

Will the A.I be multithreaded?

MattII
Demon
Demon

Unread postby MattII » 04 Jan 2011, 20:25

* Why have there been so many changes to the game-play?
* Why is the adventure-map still at the H5 scale rather than returning to a H1-4 scale?

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 04 Jan 2011, 21:42

Why are there so many female units?

Who comes up with the names for the units :devious: ?

How often do you check the fansite forums?

(Not sure there was a limit, just stuff I'd like to know)
Grah!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 04 Jan 2011, 21:52

I'd focus on questions about future decisions/info, rather than questions like "why" they made the decisions they did. "Why"-questions, although interesting, will not reveal any new info.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 04 Jan 2011, 22:17

Are there going to be any new things in multiplayer?
Will ghost mode return?
Will duel mode return?
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Derek » 05 Jan 2011, 00:01

1) Could you explain the skill system in more detail?
2) Could you explain the magic system in more detail?
3) How did you decide which towns/units were going to make it into the game?
4) If the beta calls for it, will the game be delayed? Heroes V benefited greatly from being delayed.
Hell has frozen over...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 Jan 2011, 07:04

- Why doesn't the guy in charge of naming units have access to an english synonym dictionary? :devil:

- Why did you replace the Angels with the same unit under a different name!? I hope that doesn't happen to the Titan...

- Are you trying to make a better game then Heroes 5, or then all the Heroes games?!
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 05 Jan 2011, 10:34

Thelonious wrote:How often do you check the fansite forums?
Well as far as I'm concerned I visit this forum, Heroes Community forums and the official forums at least twice a day. And when I have the time, the french forums as well (Archangel Castle and Heroes-fr).

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 05 Jan 2011, 12:48

Marzhin! There you are! :wave:

mundane
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby mundane » 05 Jan 2011, 17:39

Will there be logistical puzzles involved in the game, to add to the strategical and tactical ones. At the mo it looks like strategy and logistics might be taking a back seat to tactics.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 05 Jan 2011, 20:49

mundane wrote:Will there be logistical puzzles involved in the game, to add to the strategical and tactical ones. At the mo it looks like strategy and logistics might be taking a back seat to tactics.
What do you mean exactly by logistical puzzles? Can you elaborate a bit?

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Humakt » 06 Jan 2011, 08:12

Will there be a hotseat mode?

Is the map editor anything decent? Definitely needs lighter and much better gui compared to HoMMV's.

Is there scripting system in map editor? Though I'm a software developer, I prefer that one to be more like the HoMMIV had since it is usable for larger audience.

Are there how many adventure map objects? Both interactive and decorative counts.

How about the amount of units, spells, skills, heroes?

What functions the interactive adventure map objects serve? Particularly any new ones to the series?

Will the colored tent guards and gates make a return? How about quest gates and guards? (Note, guard is the tower which disappears once the conditions are met, gate stays and each time it is passed the condition must be be fulfilled)

Will the AI play at least decent? So far all HoMM's have been plagued by substandard AI.

Can you explain AI's behavior?

How will the difficulty system works?

What will be the contents of collector's edition? Soundtrack and art book are mandatory for good ones.

Will DRM be anything sort-of customer-friendly?
Thundermaps
"Death must be impartial. I must sever my ties, lest I shield my kin."

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 06 Jan 2011, 21:31

Will the MM:H VI site be updated unlike the HoMM V site (which still doens't cover all the info)

Are you, and if so, how, are you planning to support fan made maps? (will there be map making contests with winning maps added to map packs which will be distributed etc. etc.)
Grah!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 06 Jan 2011, 22:01

Thelonious wrote:Are you, and if so, how, are you planning to support fan made maps?
That sounds very unlikely; producers never supports fan-made material, since they don't want to take responsibility for something they haven't made themselves.
Thelonious wrote:will there be map making contests with winning maps added to map packs which will be distributed etc. etc.
That sounds more likely, but can also be complicated. Any use of fan-made maps must be done with the permission of the map makers, and possibly with the maps released exclusively. I don't see the point of this, since fan-made maps will be hosted on free, independent sites such as CH anyway.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 06 Jan 2011, 22:02

Do you plan strategical mode view?
Like "2D" view from above or lowly skewed angle in the battles and alternatives to "View Air&Earth" in the overall map?

How much do you plan it to be modding friendly. Will be possible to insert our own 3D models and/or AI enhancing libraries? Custom objects?

Will you support some color/environmental filters/effects. To making up the mood? Dramatize the story. :)
(If so, will they be controllable in editor?)

Will there be included mini games and puzzles? Obelisks, Combo artifacts, conditional artifacts and grail?

What are your impressions for the prepared main campaign. Do you intend to add several lightening amusing side quests, eee, including Easter eggs? :P

How do you feel about your own game? What will be best about it?

~Seems like all from my side. :D I, of course, didn't read previous questions.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 07 Jan 2011, 14:21

What is your approach to AI behavior ? Do you agree with Nival and HoMM5-like approach, that AI should, basically speaking, put up a fight, but not really try to win the game?

Coldy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Coldy » 10 Jan 2011, 23:27

It would be good to know more about hero development. :)

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 13 Jan 2011, 14:05

There. Happy?

I love watching those huge creatures lumbering up the battlefield ... :D

Return to “Heroes V-VI”