Heroes VI Orc

Comments about the Pictures of the Day.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Jan 2011, 11:05

Yeah, it so much better here where being disproportionate actually serves no real purpose, while chibi is just done for the sake of cuteness.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Skullmane
Conscript
Conscript

Heroes VI Orc

Unread postby Skullmane » 03 Jan 2011, 20:45

I hate this age old excuse to do whatever you want just because "It's Fantasy".

Unless this Fantasy world is shown to have different physics (which it isn't), these orcs (as well as the other shrunken-head people) wouldn't be able to FUNCTION properly which such a small head. They couldn't be more or less civilized and intelligent with these proportions - they'd be mindless animals.

It wouldn't be a problem if one creature was disproportional, but it's a trend.

Dave_Jame
Pixie
Pixie

Heroes VI Orc

Unread postby Dave_Jame » 03 Jan 2011, 23:09

@ Skullmane: Come on man. Realistic proportions in heroes? You have Birds with breasts. Sorry but birds don't give milk. And NOT ONE of the Dragons ever featured in heroes would be Functional. There wings would by too small. The Heroes V dragon is the colesest to a "Functional" dragon. So why not try to change your perspective and not say that the Orcs have a small head, but that they have huge Muscles because of there demonic mutation. If you wan't to talk about bad proportions, look at Heaven's "Sun rider"

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Re: Heroes VI Orc

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 04 Jan 2011, 10:46

Dave_Jame wrote:@ Skullmane: Come on man. Realistic proportions in heroes? You have Birds with breasts. Sorry but birds don't give milk.
Or do they? People said that dinosaurs couldn't fly. Yet we have pterodactyls. So a harpy is a genetic cross between a bird and a human. Maybe even with a bit of intervention from the Ancients.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 04 Jan 2011, 12:12

oUcH
Peasant
Peasant

Heroes VI Orc

Unread postby oUcH » 04 Jan 2011, 12:43

I love how his race changes with an upgrade.

Skullmane
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Skullmane » 04 Jan 2011, 14:50

Dave_Jame wrote:And NOT ONE of the Dragons ever featured in heroes would be Functional. There wings would by too small.
Dragons are a whole different concept. Orcs are based on humans (humanoids), and thus they should be consistent with what they're based on. Dragons are purely fictional, not close to any real animal, so their anatomical specifics can't be really disputed.

Though dragon flight and flame breath CAN be explained by a rather believable theory - they have cells that produce hydrogen, which builds up in internal sacs (much like birds' air sacs).
Light hydrogen helps with flight, and they can exhale a constant stream of it and ignite it with a spark by chipping fangs together :D (Not my theory)

And who says Sun Riders don't look silly, even more so.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 Jan 2011, 06:39

Dave_Jame wrote:<< Come on man. Realistic proportions in heroes? You have Birds with breasts. Sorry but birds don't give milk.>>

We also have magic, which, last i checked, doesn't work IRL either. Doesn't mean you can just have a Fireball freeze the target...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Heroes VI Orc

Unread postby hellegennes » 05 Jan 2011, 08:33

As far as I remember, a large proportion of Heroes' creatures are mythological in origin but I don't recall them to be disproportionate, in spite of being fictional.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Heroes VI Orc

Unread postby Orfinn » 05 Jan 2011, 18:29

Ok. I like all of the Stronghold creatures, except some weird mutations on the Shamans left arm and Enraged Cyclops. But I guess since these are indeed earlier orcs than those in H5 and haven gotten their clean look as in H5 yet (not counting graphics in genral!)

Then. I ask myself. About the naming.. Why cant they make it a bit CLEARER of what hose guys are? Orcs? Could be as well be ogre to me, while the SHamans could be orcs, and the bigger orcs could be Giants???

Orc Mauler -> Orc Crusher. Ogre Jaguar Warrior -> Ogre Panther Warrior.

is it really that difficult? Im not much for casual player service about throwing into their faces on what is what but unless who they are explained what they are in the creature descriptions, I couldnt give a spit. I could as well call them Demon blood golems or Demon mutants :P

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Jan 2011, 15:16

because it's Ubi, meaning that they're all Orcs unless it says differently somewhere, even if some are way to big to be the same race... remember the Giant Dwarf in H5?!

Return to “Screenshots”