Masters of Sighisoara - a whole new continent!

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 22 Dec 2010, 19:46

This is turning into your little personal spamming spree, isn't it ...? ;)

Anyway, yes, the map is up. Ain't I fast?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 22 Dec 2010, 20:06

Haha indeed you are Kalah, the best of the best!
"By the power of Zelas!"

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Critical bug in version 1.1 of A Sighisoara Christmas

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 27 Dec 2010, 09:14

Speaking of the "A Sighisoara Christmas" map, I ran into a bug that proved to be quite a game killing one. The said bug was unfortunately "left alone" in the latest patch (1.1, Dec 25th), and will require an extra round of patching for me to do later today. I will do my best to send Kalah, the Sighisoara Team and ByteBandit the bug free version (1.2) before the day is done. I'm sincerely Sorry about any inconveniences/trouble I may have caused. Look for the update in the near future.

With solidarity,

Yurian

P.S

Koni, are you willing to translate the updated map to German? ;)
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 27 Dec 2010, 10:18

I will see, Yurian, it's indeed a very nice story (and map) which you and Max presented the folks to Christmas, and it is worth to be released on German fansites, too. ;)

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Patch 1.2 of A Sighisoara Christmas

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 27 Dec 2010, 18:13

Update on the 27th of December 2010

Version 1.2 of the "A Sighisoara Christmas" map has been sent to Kalah, ByteBandit and the core unit of the Sighisoara Team. Here's hoping the updated map shall be up as soon as Kalah returns from enjoying his Christmas vacation in the good company of quality single malt whisky.

Koni, please begin translation work at your leisure. And of course, should you feel like giving the twice updated map a chance, I'm always in to get to read gaming reports from you and discuss the optimum playing strategy/tactics with you.

Cheers!

Yurian

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Dec 2010, 01:02

Version 1.2 is up. All hail Kalah, the admin guy who never sleeps.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

New version again...

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 28 Dec 2010, 21:50

@Kalah: Many, many thanks for your swift handling of our request concerning that past version (1.2). Sadly, I must inform you that there were still some things left in the map that "hit the sour note" with me, so to speak. So I "polished" version 1.2, and sent it to the Team and you and BB just some minutes ago. As stated in the email, we are ever so thankful for your continuing co-operation. You rock man! :) I will buy you a pint if I ever visit Oslo. That's a firm promise. :)

In other news, the Team is sincerely sorry for failing to deliver Masters of Sighisoara II: the Undead of Xerphef by the end of the year 2010. Real Life got us too involved and made working on the campaign close to impossible at times. Things are now looking better with Max showing signs of re-activating his energies, willingness and commitment to the A New Continent/Sighisoara project.

Also, I'm most pleased to see my good friend Muszka returning to CH and joining our team as map tester. News such as these are what truly makes my day. Oh, and for that part: we are always looking new folks to test the 2/3 finished Second campaign and read their suggestions for further improvement and polishing the work for a succesfull release.

With solidarity, peace & love,

Yurian
Project Manager of the Sighisoara Team

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Dec 2010, 22:16

Indeed ... we here at CH normally require maps to be thoroughly tested before submission, to keep quality high and avoid regular updates ... but in this special case, I completely understand that the Christmas deadline forced a premature submission.

From what I can gather, the map is now playable, yes? What I think you should do now is polish it until you see it as perfect, and then submit a final version. :)

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 30 Dec 2010, 00:28

@Kalah: The map is fully playable now, it has no bugs and most if not all typos have been checked and removed from the improved version 1.2. Please upload the zip and apply its contents so that the minimap etc on the map search page shall then all be up to date. No further polishing is needed for the latest patch is as good as being labelled "final".

Thanks in advance,

Yurian

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 30 Dec 2010, 15:42

Map uploaded.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 30 Dec 2010, 16:03

I will certainly play it after the new year, now too busy drinking. The only thing I would suggest is to use the enhanced editor and give to the minimap a more interesting layout, as snow only based maps are somehow difficult to memorize and hurt the eyes after a while.

Well, I know it is already done, but maybe in the future. It is possible to give to the map a Christmas layout while having various terrains, it depends of the picture used:

I wanted too to design a new year map, but too much work outside. :ill:
You never sleep, guys?

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 30 Dec 2010, 22:50

Oh, yes, what a marvelous landscape! And I like this Yurian in disguise of a Santa with his Santa gremlin. Well done, Salamandre!! Greetings from Germany to you!!!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 04 Jan 2011, 00:36

The German version is up; strangely, the readme was still written in English ... :tongue:

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 04 Jan 2011, 09:53

Oh, sorry. It was the time pressing to New Year! But I have done it now and will send you an updated version (with some typos corrected, too).

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 04 Jan 2011, 15:16

Yes it is indeed nice to be back, on friday I will continue working some on the map, I am also going to create a text-based game I think you all should try out (It is schoolwork), I am thinking about making it Sighisoara related but I am not sure, you can read all about it here

http://mastersofsighisoara.webs.com

Please submit and talk in the forums or something there, I want all ideas I can get :)
Now remember that people there do not know about the Sighisoara project the way you guys do but still, it can be as I said, Sighisoara oriented.

I hope you all had a swell new years eve, I did not. I threw up 6 times because I was sick not because of alcohol xD

Greetings and Salutations,
Maximilian
"By the power of Zelas!"

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 26 Jan 2011, 09:49

Once again I have dissapeared. Once again my life is full of shit and I have let you all down.. I really do not know what to do and I know you are all disapointed.. Byt there really is nothing I can do... I am trying to find some time for working on the map but it is really hard...
"By the power of Zelas!"

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 03 Mar 2011, 23:35

HoP wrote:

"Once again I have dissapeared. Once again my life is full of **** and I have let you all down.. I really do not know what to do and I know you are all disapointed.. Byt there really is nothing I can do... I am trying to find some time for working on the map but it is really hard..."

This whole situation reminds me of the demise of the hugely popular Swedish pop band ABBA which, according to Wikipedia, "has never officially announced the end of the group, but the group has long been considered dissolved."

"Knowing me, knowing you (ahaa), there is nothing we can do..."

Ah, the sweet irony...

Yurian

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 03 Mar 2011, 23:41

I am sorry but there really is nothing I can do Yurian... I am trying the best I can.. My computer just broke down so it is in for repair, I am working on my very own game and a web game... I am behind with some shit in school and my girlfriend from 500 kilometers are here right now as well... Sorry mate..
"By the power of Zelas!"

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Open letter to HoP

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 05 Mar 2011, 09:47

Max,

I do not say that you've quit MoS 2 project for good but to the general public here it may look that way for they do not know the stuff that's going on behind the scenes. I am truly sorry, disappointed, feeling rather annoyed and betrayed at the same time... I just have to speak my mind. I'm genuinely sorry it had to come to this. I do understand that you are busy with your real life and your other projects, but to abandon us like this still leaves quite a sour taste in my mouth.

You have time and a time again stated here in public that you're going to work on the project, that you are now "back" and that you've already made some stuff for MoS 2 while in reality we've seen none of that actually taking place. So where's the catch, Max? Why all the nice words and the bluffing while in truth you are not in the mood of "putting your money where your mouth is"? (as the United Statesians say)

Now look, it buggers me greatly that we have all this great stuff around, which is 60% finished and even tested, too, but we can't move on to complete the project because of you having lost the interest and/or iniative altogether. It pains me. I have still not come in terms with it.

I have avoided things coming to a head for some time, (way too long?) I've sent you my condolences, given you my support... but it seems you're never around anymore, and you don't reply when I await to hear from you. I know all this sounds bitter, but I'm just trying to be honest here. Things I said here are in a brotherly, constructive way put stuff that in all honesty lets you know that I am not pleased how things are in their present state.

I think I'm off to get some beer to cool my nerves down a bit...

Yours in all honesty,

Yurian

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 05 Mar 2011, 13:06

That is becuase I have been working on MoS2 then but I have felt that it has not been enough to send. I merely added some stories and shit... So yeah there is your answer. Hopefully I will be abe to get into MoS2 again by this summer if I am to be realistic. I miss you all..
"By the power of Zelas!"

Return to “Heroes I-IV”