Too late for Heroes 6?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Aerosoldier
Peasant
Peasant

Too late for Heroes 6?

Unread postby Aerosoldier » 20 Dec 2010, 17:19

I have 27 years old and i loved all the Heroes games, i loved to bring my friends to my house to spend all the night playing this game. Most of us Heroes fans are people who have 25 +/- years and now we have to work or study in college, we dont have much time to play the game and the bad thing about this game is that this game isn't like pes or nba or street fighter, you need a lot of time to play this game, so don't you think is quite late to release a Heroes 6 game? I really want this game to succeed but i doubt that, i think a reboot was the best idea....
Oh Hypocrisy! A world full of n00bs Indeed!

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 20 Dec 2010, 17:47

So Ubi should not reboot the series because you're getting "old" ? :D
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 20 Dec 2010, 18:00

What do you mean by "reboot" anyway?

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 20 Dec 2010, 18:33

You have a 27 year old son/daughter, or you ARE 27 years old?

Aerosoldier
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Aerosoldier » 20 Dec 2010, 18:58

By reboot i mean creating the word of Heroes from scratch, i know Heroes V was kind of the reboot but it was named Heroes V anyways so lots of young people who never played another Heroes can get uninterested by the fact he never played another Heroes game.

I am 27 years (sorry for my bad english)...

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 21 Dec 2010, 01:05

Renaming the series would be nice.
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Dec 2010, 15:48

I already suggested the new name ages ago...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 21 Dec 2010, 17:47

Into what?
Grah!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Dec 2010, 18:05

Had you paid more attention you'd know... (think really old, like H5 Dungeon reveal old).
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 21 Dec 2010, 22:52

I've just returned from real life a few weeks ago. Don't expect me to remember everything. Especially since a good friend named alcohol was involved :P

yet renaming wouldn't change a darn thing. It doens't make the new games any different. It just makes 'em not trying to live up to the old name. But if the name would change it would be 'based on M&M' so it would still try that...
Grah!

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 21 Dec 2010, 23:28

Well it is called mmh instead of homm so thats a big difference. Plus there's quite a few other big differences in order to keep it fresh.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 21 Dec 2010, 23:33

Mirez wrote:Well it is called mmh instead of homm so thats a big difference.
Yes, big difference. ;)

There are some things being reinvented, some things invented from scartch; I'm sure we'll end up with a nice blend of old and new.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Aerosoldier
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Aerosoldier » 21 Dec 2010, 23:44

The fact is that the Heroes series needs to attract young people so the series can go on, like i said it before we are too old now to play as much as 10 years ago, so i think Heroes should do something before is too late.

There's almost 0 info about this game in gaming websites, no adds, now without elves, mages, warlocks, only few people are getting hyped.

:(

Nelgirith
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nelgirith » 22 Dec 2010, 11:00

Aerosoldier wrote:There's almost 0 info about this game in gaming websites, no adds, now without elves, mages, warlocks, only few people are getting hyped.
Ah come on, stop bringing up this stupid "no elf" argument. There was ONE elf unit from H1 to H4 and noone died from it. The big mistake was to put not ONE but TWO elf races in H5.

Aerosoldier
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Aerosoldier » 22 Dec 2010, 12:53

Sorry dude but elf are a VERY IMPORTANT part of the fantasy world, maybe you don't play as them but lots of people did.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 22 Dec 2010, 13:35

not every fantasy world has to be a blatant ripoff of lord of the rings...
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 22 Dec 2010, 15:14

Nelgirith wrote:
Aerosoldier wrote:There's almost 0 info about this game in gaming websites, no adds, now without elves, mages, warlocks, only few people are getting hyped.
Ah come on, stop bringing up this stupid "no elf" argument. There was ONE elf unit from H1 to H4 and noone died from it. The big mistake was to put not ONE but TWO elf races in H5.
Actually, there were 2.5 elf units in H3 (elf, pegasus (the rider is an elf), and the half is the sharpshooter (could be elf or human, depending on who Gelu upgraded)
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

LongDarkBlues
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby LongDarkBlues » 22 Dec 2010, 15:19

The game doesn't come out until March at the earliest (and does anyone actually think it won't slip?) - of course there aren't any 'adds' on gaming sites. TBS games are pretty niche, PC gaming is marginalized, and this game isn't going to be out for months and months - there's never going to be a huge marketing push behind this game until, maybe, Ubi pushes for a console release. It has absolutely nothing to do with the lack of elves, or anything else, in this game.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 Dec 2010, 20:58

Mirez wrote:not every fantasy world has to be a blatant ripoff of lord of the rings...
They could always rip off the War of the Roses... btw, did you guys see the trailers for Song of Fire and Ice? It's gonna be on HBO.

Raelag84
Peasant
Peasant

guest gamer

Unread postby Raelag84 » 04 Jan 2011, 20:24

I love playing as elves but I don't mind it either way if there are no elves or not. I'm much more worried that the game will be of poor quality. By that I mean the factions and creatures, not to mention plot line. I love strategy games but the last game had embarrassing and wretched women for characters which I find unforgiveable. But if they are mixing and messing up Japanese and Hindu culture in a Naga faction I want no part of it. Posted by Raeleg's Girlfriend ;)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”