Water Mod

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Pollo2002
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Pollo2002 » 21 Dec 2010, 07:46

Is there a way to change or stop the way neutral unowned towns get armies?.
I dont want them to get armies, and filling the slots with custom armies just make the town delete the weakest stack and add one of its own. Is there a way to stop that?

Pollo2002
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Pollo2002 » 22 Dec 2010, 07:05

Is there a way to reduce the amount of heroes that you can control to lower than 8?

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 22 Dec 2010, 08:27

For neutral towns, it is possible to save the garrison you give them and get it back when you attack the town, ignoring any stack which was added. (CA-1:M2)

For number of Heroes, one could disable clicking on tavern if the loop through all heros used gives n number (check in garrisons and disable prisons as well). I don't know any other way, except disabling all heros except n in the editor, but is clumsy, as if one dies he will be available only next week.

You could try your questions in HC ERM thread, as in Celestial, WoG section is dead. HC is still active.

LoneKnight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby LoneKnight » 22 Dec 2010, 10:19

Actually, getting a dead hero back next week may not be too bad at all. That means the punishment for losing (dead high level hero) is less sever. Lowering the number of heroes also means that the remaining numbers will be more balanced towards each other (as you can turn off the sucky/OP heroes).

So I'd go with that.

EDIT: blargh, I forgot this only works if you can limit the heroes to appear in specific taverns. Like, if each faction would only have 6 heroes, then mirror matches would suck, not to mention that you could just buy a large number of heroes and leave your opposition with none. So eh... still, I like the idea that all lame heroes are out and that your uber powerful hero isn't forever lost.

Pollo2002
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Pollo2002 » 24 Dec 2010, 08:31

I uploaded Divided sand version 0.02: I reverted several changes I did to slow the gameplay, but the version 0.01 ended too slow, so I reverted some changes like sawmills and ore pits do not have guards anymore, I shortened the distance of bottom and top town on the surface from enemy, and the most important change you start again with 5 towns instead of just 1.

Also I uploaded too green map version 0.01: I didnt play this map yet, just finished doing the scripts it needed. Its basically a map with no guards, but flagging towns and mines has a cost, (2500 and 1250 respectively). This map is entirely a prototype to see how that would play out, I DIDNT PLAY IT YET AGAINST A HUMAN. Just some against AI and against myself to test stuff, I didnt find time to play a full real game so I have no idea how it plays out in a real game.

Return to “Wake of Gods”