Heroes 1,2,3 online play?

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
arocktane
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes 1,2,3 online play?

Unread postby arocktane » 06 Apr 2009, 02:58

Hello, I am brand new to this community but not the HoMM games.
None of my friends play the game and I am sick of playing the crappy computer AI. It seems impossible to find Heroes 1, 2, 3 (the only ones I like) games on the internet I have a few questions.

1) Are there any mods or anything like that that can improve the AI of the computer players?

2) I would much rather play with humans like me...So is there any Hamachi networks that are out there with people constantly looking for games? Also, it doesn't have to be Hamachi, is there any service that HoMM players use to find games over the internet?

Thanks for reading my topic, I hope people out there like to play the first 3 HoMM games and are looking for online play like me

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 06 Apr 2009, 03:52

My email and MSN account is anostf(at)hotmail.com

Add me, then we can play Heroes 2 or Heroes 3 on Hamachi.

I play from time to time with Darmani (Another person who posts here). It could be better though with all those crashes.

Heroes_Veteran
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Heroes_Veteran » 18 Apr 2009, 15:37

Hey, I'm new here too (but I've been playing HOMM since the H2 demo in 1996). :)

Except I'm pretty crap, since I can't even beat Broken Alliance on Expert yet :p

Tried HOMM3 as well but didn't seem as fun...

Darmani
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Darmani » 18 Apr 2009, 20:40

Please play us. I'd love a nice change of opponent, and I'd love a 3-way game even more! My MSN (but not E-mail) is (EDIT: redacted).

BTW, I think there's a lot more H3 being played by the people at http://www.heroescommunity.com (their Heroes I-III forum has devolved into basically just a Heroes III forum).
Last edited by Darmani on 14 Jul 2020, 07:33, edited 1 time in total.

Heroes_Veteran
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Heroes_Veteran » 18 Apr 2009, 20:50

Darmani wrote:Please play us. I'd love a nice change of opponent, and I'd love a 3-way game even more! My MSN (but not E-mail) is darmanithird@hotmail.com

BTW, I think there's a lot more H3 being played by the people at www.heroescommunity.com (their Heroes I-III forum has devolved into basically just a Heroes III forum).
Sure, I'll join you for a H2 game if you want. :)

drasek
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby drasek » 06 Jul 2010, 00:28

A little late... Do you still playing? I want to play heroes 2 online if someone is interested. Or if someone can explain me how to make it works.
Thanks.

tugrul
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby tugrul » 17 Dec 2010, 14:09

Me and a friend of mine are playing together HOMM 2 using Hamachi from time to time and we very much would like to meet with new players.

If you are interested to play HOMM 2 or 3 online please PM me. You can also find me online at irc.freenode.net with the nickname "aksuvari".

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 17 Dec 2010, 14:43

GameRanger supports both HoMM2 and HoMM3 and there are usually players to be found there.

tugrul
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby tugrul » 18 Dec 2010, 12:38

Anyone looking for an online HOMM game or meet with HOMM players can meet at the channel #homm at irc.freenode.net.

It's good to know about Gameranger rooms. However me and my friend prefer Hamachi as it is compatible with Linux (and Windows and Mac). Gameranger is not compatible with Linux. So I think meeting at Gameranger rooms are not convenient for Linux users.
Last edited by tugrul on 20 Dec 2010, 08:48, edited 1 time in total.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 18 Dec 2010, 18:38

Well, I myself prefer direct connection over Hamachi. It's not that difficult to set up the connection right and not use any external tools at all.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 18 Dec 2010, 19:43

I really dislike hamachi, I never got 1 damn game working over it.
Gameranger is awesome though I use it on a daily basis.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Return to “Heroes I-IV”