Heroes VI pictures

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 05 Nov 2010, 09:44

Come on, a necromancer with demon forces? They are sworn enemies.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 05 Nov 2010, 22:17

We are talking about UbiHole...

Anyways, pictures seem to be released every so often on the facebook page; I just hope that they'll make a proper site for the game aswell. Though the HoMM V site floped...

Oh and anyone know why there are 2 artworks of a necro hero and fighting heaven/necro troops?
Grah!

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 07 Nov 2010, 14:24

Rion wrote: I didn't mean that specific armour (though agree that it's too red), but more that what kind of Vampire it is.
But the idea was that the one in the picture i posted from BB has a certain whimsy about it... something Heroes could benefit from getting back.
You mean like the tuxedo wearing Vampires of H4? Because I weren't weren't too happy with that.

I can't really say I either remember or miss anything whimsy about Heroes. While I've played H2 at a friend's place a long time ago, my own first Heroes game was H3.
IMHO, a Vampire doesn't need armor. Look at how D&D portrays them - like this "Vampire Guildmaster" miniature:

It's not a tuxedo, but the long collar and cloak are there. It's what matters. You look at them and can tell that is a Vampire. The Heroes V Vampire looked like death knights with a bat fetish. I mean, you cannot even see the fangs unless you zoom in. I even prefer the King's Bounty Vampires to them.

Btw, why would a Vampire fight with a 2-handed sword? How is he able to draw the enemy's blood when attacking, anyway?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Nov 2010, 16:42

Actually that suit does resemble a tuxedo, which was the idea, not that it should be a tuxedo. Like the armour they had in the blood bowl pic i posted somewhere around the forum.
Elvin wrote:Still Pavel was not killed by necro forces, it looks like Sveltana got there afterwards.
Not Pavel, but his son, the guy that supposedly got murdered by his daughter...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 16 Dec 2010, 22:12

Stronghold pictures in-game (and also three other units).

http://pressakey.com/news,1602,Might-an ... hots,.html

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 16 Dec 2010, 23:45

Avonu wrote:Stronghold pictures in-game (and also three other units).

http://pressakey.com/news,1602,Might-an ... hots,.html
Wow, that looks excellent!

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 17 Dec 2010, 00:16

- Horned, striped centaurs
- Spiked Cyclopses
- Two more orc units

Hm, I'll miss the Wyvern.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 17 Dec 2010, 06:42

Zebra-chick Centaurs, how creative... But still I think the faction looks a bit better than the last time (something like Inkas or Mayan civilization), even though the Cyclops (IF this is a Cyclops) was better looking in V.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Dec 2010, 06:57

The zebra female centaurs and the multi-coloured harpies are probably the most visually interesting units so far... but it's a real pity that the faction is so little changed from H5.

I do like how far out you can zoom judging from those screenshots... H5 always felt too close.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 19 Dec 2010, 10:12

I still don't see how that one unit could be a cyclops. meybe it's a huge troll...
Grah!

Dave_Jame
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Dave_Jame » 20 Dec 2010, 19:59

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 20 Dec 2010, 20:44

Yuck.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 20 Dec 2010, 21:30

IMHO they should stop copying "Mark of Chaos". Especially "this" set of rules. I hoped that they will go with a sane judgment.

Name
Enraged Cyclops

Faction
Stronghold

Characteristics
- monstrous Giants, body and mind twisted by chaotic surges. *1,
- used as heavy shock troops and "siege engines"
- "evil eye" that can incinerate their enemies *2,

1 - Repeating this is plainly stupid. Whereas it work in Warhammer this is a different universe.
2 - If that unit is having low IQ, which after surge seems to be the case, it would be far from their ability, to control such a skill.

I require change of this unit!
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 20 Dec 2010, 21:57

The looks of it... Well, it certainly shows it in a more realistic/mature way. How badly some of the Wizards experiments went. And this is a prequel to H V, lore wise. Have NOBODY thought of that maybe the time between have calmed down the looks of the cyclopes.

Maybe they kinda evolved around the urges, being a bit less bizarre. I dont know. Because I really DONT know how creatures would react if they were injected with demon blood :D

I love how crazy the Cyclops looks, but maybe a bit overweighted right arm, heh. At least hes left handed, which Im too. Welcome to the club blood brother :-D

Dave_Jame
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Dave_Jame » 20 Dec 2010, 22:00

Pol wrote:IMHO they should stop copying "Mark of Chaos". Especially "this" set of rules. I hoped that they will go with a sane judgment.

Name
Enraged Cyclops

Faction
Stronghold

Characteristics
- monstrous Giants, body and mind twisted by chaotic surges. *1,
- used as heavy shock troops and "siege engines"
- "evil eye" that can incinerate their enemies *2,

1 - Repeating this is plainly stupid. Whereas it work in Warhammer this is a different universe.
2 - If that unit is having low IQ, which after surge seems to be the case, it would be far from their ability, to control such a skill.

I require change of this unit!
Do you want the change because the description or for its looks? for me it looks really simmular to the one i H-V. To tell the truth, it looks most as its H-V version from all the units so far.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 20 Dec 2010, 22:00

I was pointed out that I missed the cyclops. I'm not liking this version... to bad...
Grah!

Dave_Jame
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Dave_Jame » 20 Dec 2010, 22:03

Orfinn wrote: I love how crazy the Cyclops looks, but maybe a bit overweighted right arm, heh. At least hes left handed, which Im too. Welcome to the club blood brother :-D
Yea, the right arm looks weird

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 20 Dec 2010, 22:05

Elvin wrote:Come on, a necromancer with demon forces? They are sworn enemies.
I know its on another planet (Axeoth), but you do remember Gauldoth Half-Dead? As far as I recall he lead an demon army. Made even more sense with the infernopolis though.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 20 Dec 2010, 23:53

I'm wondering how it will work as a siege engine ...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 21 Dec 2010, 01:12

Dave_Jame wrote:Image
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

Return to “Heroes V-VI”