Talk about the weather

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 10 Dec 2010, 01:49

ThunderTitan wrote:I hope this year we actually get a normal winter instead of snow which melts after a few days over and over.
Well I guess the weather in our country is just like the economy... worse and worse... it's already December and the snow just doesn't want to come... or if it does it goes away straight... :disagree:
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 10 Dec 2010, 12:27

It's snowing right now. :-D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 10 Dec 2010, 15:31

Here too! ;)
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 10 Dec 2010, 19:52

Same... :D Finally... :D It's been two years since I've seen snow...

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 10 Dec 2010, 19:59

There's snow frequently regular. :)

Together with his brother ice, in this time of year. They come and wish you Christmas. ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 10 Dec 2010, 20:10

Yeah, but last Christmas I was in New Orleans/Bahamas/Miami... they don't have a word for snow... :disagree:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Dec 2010, 13:02

Muszka wrote:Yeah, but last Christmas I was in New Orleans/Bahamas/Miami... they don't have a word for snow... :disagree:
Relax... once the ice at the poles melts and a new ice age comes they'll get one fast...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 12 Dec 2010, 18:54

Actually they had snow 2 times in NO in the last 30 years... but I guess it's something like rain in some parts of the South America. I read somewhere that there a place over there which holds the record for the longest time without rain... 400 years.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 13 Dec 2010, 18:59

Dear, dear, today it got almost cold (19ºC lol), oh, because yesterday, it was around 29ºC at night, a very humidic and hot day, most cloudy. It looked like we were in a giant panel, being cooked by a Gaint Mutant Whale as we did our chores.

Today it was completely the opposite - well, the clouds remain, but it got cold and rainy all of a sudden. The wind also makes it impossible to walk carrying umbrellas: when you must direct your umbrella in front of you, almost poiting it down for you not to get wet, it means that there's something just wrong...
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 13 Dec 2010, 19:31

Where are you living Panda? Start with -10°C and go lower. Visit Russia if you wish to take the sip of geniune iciness. :devious:

(Now ponder, I'm living in the middle of Europe and few past days we had +7~-17°C, luckily it returned to normal. Meaning white thawing sea.)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 13 Dec 2010, 21:16

In mother Russia., geunine iciness sips YOU! ... tell me if that joke's getting old, I would hate to embarass myself :jester:
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Dec 2010, 21:54

Nah, it's only from the late 70's...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 19 Dec 2010, 16:45

Pol wrote:Where are you living Panda? Start with -10°C and go lower. Visit Russia if you wish to take the sip of geniune iciness. :devious:
I only enjoy drinking cold water - and grape juice. :tongue: A bit of vodka is also nice....and tequila, but not cold.

But that 'cold' I spoke above is gone already and yesterday I got a sunburn on my head (I shaved all my hair off - so much for a good luck for me :cry: ) and I got blisters here and there, not speaking of all my skin becoming redder and redder as if I had never been struck by sun. I should have used something to block the sun when I went to play soccer at 11 A.M under the 35ºC sun... :baby: Living, burning and learning.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 22 Dec 2010, 09:54

I woke up this morning to find it rather chilly outside. -18°C, to be exact. My dad, who lives in a place that gets even colder in the mornings, told me they had measured -27°C outside at breakfast. Now, I'm not what they'd call frosty, but even I'd admit that's a bit on the cold side.

In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 22 Dec 2010, 16:44

Oh, I find rather puzzling how you guys like living in a place where you can actually die if you don't have attires that make you resemble a war tank. Although that the sun here also fries you if you don't have some protection. :cry:

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 23 Dec 2010, 14:14

When it's cold outside, you can always put on another layer of clothes. But in summer in a place like Brazil, you can only take so much off.
Peace. Love. Penguin.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 Dec 2010, 14:55

Well it's almost Christmas and it's +10°C outside... lame.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 23 Dec 2010, 17:25

It's a properly white Christmas here ... cold and frosty, with the snow covering everything. :)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 Dec 2010, 17:57

Give it a few years... then we'll need to go straight to the pole for snowy winters.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 23 Dec 2010, 19:35

We should take some pictures of the weather to post here instead of just talking about it ...

Return to “Campfire”