In Memoriam...

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 10 Dec 2010, 20:09

parcaleste wrote:Really sad news, indeed. I had laughed my A out at his movies when I was a kid. The Great Ones are going down slowly one by one and there is no one to replace them.

Let's bow our heads down for a minute...
Sad, but true... I watched a movie the other day I think the title was Stan Helsing... I gave it a try because it featured Leslie... for a few seconds... other than that it was an awful movie... I basically skipped a lot of parts, and watched the whole thing in half an hour. No good parodies are made these days.
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 16 Dec 2010, 18:54

Blake Edwards, the creator of Pink Panther, passed away today. :( His Pink Panther series starring Peter Sellers (one of my favourite legendary actors) was, and still is, one of the best comedy series ever made.

:rip: R.I.P.
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 16 Dec 2010, 23:29

R.I.P. Indeed. I guess the words Pink Panther wake the ominous sound in everyone's ear.
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Dec 2010, 06:45

We're never gonna get a good comedy film ever again, are we....
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 17 Dec 2010, 11:15

Well, Comedy survived the death of Chaplin, so I guess it can survive anything ... but the world will surely be poorer by the deaths of these guys. They enriched the world with their presence.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Dec 2010, 15:42

Kalah wrote:Well, Comedy survived the death of Chaplin, so I guess it can survive anything ...
When Chaplin died no one was making Meet the Spartans, where they...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 17 Dec 2010, 16:28

That's true.

Crappy movies/theater shows is nothing new, though. Nor is the dogma: "give the people what they want" (read: not what's actually good).
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Dec 2010, 23:40

Yeah, but how many crappy films got sequels every year and still made money... i'm telling you, it's a sign of the end times...

aaelgr
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby aaelgr » 03 Jan 2011, 12:13

"Losing isn't learning to be lost, it's learning to know when you're lost"
Idlewild, 'The Modern Way Of Letting Go'

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 03 Jan 2011, 13:56

NOOOOO!!! :(

"Daaaaa!"

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Jan 2011, 14:40

Well that's a crappy start for this year...

aaelgr
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby aaelgr » 05 Jan 2011, 18:20

A bad day for music lovers:
Gerry Rafferty http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11728112
Mick Karn http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12118209

I heard on the radio that Dick King-Smith, the man behind 'Babe' has passed away as well. What a miserable start to the year :disagree:
"Losing isn't learning to be lost, it's learning to know when you're lost"
Idlewild, 'The Modern Way Of Letting Go'

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 06 Jan 2011, 23:41

Hadn't seen this ...

:rip: The passing of a Community legend :rip:
Big Daddy Jim wrote:With great sadness I must announce that John Brand, AKA Zed, passed away at 10.32 AM (Philippine time) today. He is survived by his wife Joan, son Rhon, and daughter April.

We shall all miss Zed; his knowledge, wit, and dry humor have 'flavored' this Tavern for several years.

I can only take some solice from the fact that, as long as gamers play the MM7 and TCC mods, Zed True Shot and Zedicus Z'ul the Fifth shall remain in the memories of Might and Magic fans worldwide.

Rest well, Old Friend.

Big Daddy Jim

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 07 Jan 2011, 23:48

This really sucks, though he was not part of the creative cadre, he was one of the most important playtesters. The TCC team relied on his experience and insight. Zed was always the one I recommended players ask for help in playing the game. He was always there to offer help and advice and that will be sorely missed. I barely knew him, rest easy my friend you have done well. :angel:
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Felix de Ruiter +

Unread postby Koni » 09 Jan 2011, 16:20

Truly sad. Yesterday I lost my dear friend Felix de Ruiter aka S.o.T. He died, 20 years young by Leukemia, which he fought 2 years with bravery.

He was a great fan and mapmaker of H3 maps ("Der Ansturm der Untoten Horde 1 + 2", part 1 as Onslaught of the Undead Horde in the Translated H3 Maps section on CH) and was best known on Drachenwald site. He loved to play music and to write poems, and he had so many plans and projects to do.

If you want to see a picture of him have a look here
http://forum.drachenwald.net/index.php? ... serID=1692

There you can find a link to his Website as well. Klick on f(acebook) or his other social contacts.

R. i. P. :(
Last edited by Koni on 09 Jan 2011, 20:40, edited 3 times in total.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 09 Jan 2011, 18:27

That sucks, man.

Nothing much else to say really. That sucks.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 07 Feb 2011, 01:42

:rip: R.I.P. Gary Moore
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 11 Mar 2011, 17:46

Pretty bad quake in Japan this morning ... :S

If you're one of those people whose house is now several miles from where you left it - sympathetic thoughts from Norway sent your way.

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 12 Mar 2011, 11:22

Kalah wrote:If you're one of those people whose house is now several miles from where you left it - sympathetic thoughts...
Or if your house or dear ones are anywhere near the Nuclear Plant in Fukushima which suffered a blast this morning. :S
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 17 Mar 2011, 22:35

:rip: R.I.P. Alfred

:(

Return to “Campfire”