HVI units (images)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Nelgirith
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nelgirith » 20 Nov 2010, 13:37

Tbh, you're only complaining about something worthless. If you're looking for coherence in comparison to another universe, you're probably playing the wrong game.

I mean we've had Cerberus, MinotaurS and MedusaE when these creatures were unique and never existed as a race in the greek mythology.

Fate spinners might be inspired from driders, but frankly why do you care ? This is a Heroes of Might and Magic game, not Heroes of Forgotten Realms. Nearly all the creatures from HoMM were taken from other games that took them from other games that took them from AD&D/Tolkien/various mythologies, etc...

I simply love the Fate Spinner. The creature looks really great and the mechanics look very interesting (dual form with separate abilities) and this creature is truely unique to the HoMM universe.

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 20 Nov 2010, 15:51

All the Haven units' unupgraded versions look way better than their upgraded brethren. Except for the Griffins though, which both look equally FUGLY with that stupid chicken head.

And they really should cut down the heavenly yellow light, as the faction is too bright already.
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 21 Nov 2010, 15:52

looks a lot better
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 21 Nov 2010, 16:29

Except for the tail.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 22 Nov 2010, 10:53

I certainly did not expect the breeder. Is it from Lovecraft?
Edit: "demon overlord of proliferation" WTF?

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 22 Nov 2010, 20:42

Gotta say I love this Breeder. Very cool looking.

As they say, and then there was one. Only one more Haven unit to be revealed before they move on to the next faction. What's it gonna be folks?
I want to say a Priest type unit, but I think that may be too similar to the Priestess. If I had to take a wild guess, I'd go with something like a Paladin that we had in Heroes 1 & 2.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 24 Nov 2010, 09:23

Radiant Glory

Blazing Glory
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 24 Nov 2010, 13:54

oh come on! it's the frigging human torch
I do not approve
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 24 Nov 2010, 14:49

Mirez wrote:oh come on! it's the frigging human torch
I do not approve
Come one, there are TONS of differences.
1) These are blue/yellow. The human torch was RED.
2) The torch was male
3) This girl has tattoos.

See? COMPLETELY different. :|

This is simply saying "In case you thought we were going more modest with the priestess..." ;|
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 24 Nov 2010, 14:55

8|

Zoomed in pixie?

Haven is now even more femine than H5 dungeon?

It is hard to comment. She looks fine, though could be less humanoid (why legs?), but it is one of the units that makes me feel sad and uncertain about the intentions of the developers and H6 success.

Zenofex
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Zenofex » 24 Nov 2010, 15:33

Yeah, it almost seems like they have a quota for male/female creatures for each faction. While I don't mind some variety, it could be stupendous and as an end in itself if taken too far. I hope there aren't any Afroamerican elves or Chinese orcs because they have an ethnic quota too.
Beware Kreegans bearing gifts.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 24 Nov 2010, 18:39

Wait, wait, wait! This will be Heroes of Might and Magic and not Heroes of Might and... Marvel... right? ;|

Otherwise I really like the Fuc... Breeder. At least like an idea, dunoo if it fits in any of my ideas of the M&M Universe. At all. It's not too much "faery tale", if you know what I mean.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 25 Nov 2010, 15:51

They had something going with the Necro elites. They had a point with the Demon elites; it looks hideous; exactly as it should. Not sure how it will work but they had a point.

Then they introduce this. Not like we didn't know a unit like this was comming (keeping the art work in mind) yet still... I'm a bit dissapointed. I was hoping for some kind of, I dunno, massive falcon-like thunderbird...

Though I disagree over the sex of the radiant/blazing glory. I prefer a womanlike avatar over a male. I am a man after all... :devious:
Grah!

furret
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby furret » 28 Nov 2010, 21:43

Everyone complaine much, but I love these new units. If not by their look (which is mostly cool if not awesome) then by the simple fact they are NEW. Heroes was getting monotonic and heroes 5 was the worst of them all in that category - trying to restore heroes 3 after getting scared from the bad comments on heroes 4. When I saw they getting this one in the same world, with the same fractions - again Heaven, Inferno and Necro - I was plain sick and stop bothering or carring about this new game.

To kill the bone dragon AND the devil? To make a diffrent units structre? Now that's bold. Not to mention all of the new units they added and the changes they put for the old units (cavalier, monk, etc). I find it fresh and exiting. :)

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 30 Nov 2010, 13:33

It just looks like they're inserting many more female-style units, while keeping the H5 aura about their artwork.

In H5, Haven had no female unit, now we have 3. In spite of all units that are available, angels could have gone. With that Glory idea, that's too much with holy units adding a Champion with celestial powers as well. They could bring forth a siege or war machine as a regular troop, for instance.

Necropolis had no female unit, now we have 2. Those ghouls are awful, simply awful. It seems they are making Necropolis to become a huge Horror Lab, with many flawed experiments. They could have made ghouls like regular zombies - which they were supposed to be - and after some damage taken, they could split in half and crawl around the battlefield, while their remains (legs, organs, etc) would infect an area where they stood; dunno, but not that claw-ninja-muay-thai-fashion ghoul. Lamasu's first name sounds all the more worse. But I'm relieved with the idea of not having wraights and bone dragons this time. The less they make dragons, the better. Bone dragon can come as a spell or a dwelling unit only, only hireable by killing dragons (black or red or whatever they'll put there). The Necropolis Champion looks suitable for the task.

Inferno kept the same succubus idea - although I must say that I'm rather pleased with the no-devil layout, even with that tormented guy to mess up a bit with the upcoming Inferno town. Pit fiends are better now as champions. Nothing much to add regarding other troops, even that breeder one.

The other two factions...hum, perhaps they'll bring Sylvan and Academy? Given that they say something regarding Lamasu's coming from Wizarding failure, that ought to point that out. Although that the idea of having no neutral factions is a bit lame.

Regarding bosses, having Titan as a boss as well as the Devil, that's a much nicer expectative than having them as units.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 02 Dec 2010, 09:03

Not to mention that the Tormentor and Maniac look very much alike (as does the ghoul to these 3)

Come to think of it; I wonder whether the Necropolis has gone from a 'diverse but weak and lots of units' type of playing to a 'hit quick and hard' type of play.

Judging the artworks that would make Inferno 'all out attack (melee)' and Haven just 'fast'

Wonder what the final fractions will show.
Grah!

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 05 Dec 2010, 09:43

My expectations for this game are dropping by the score every time new news hit.

Seriously, Ubi should have hired 1C to make the game. They proved with the King's Bounty games they have what it takes to create a complex tactical game.
Pitsu wrote:8|

Zoomed in pixie?

Haven is now even more femine than H5 dungeon?

It is hard to comment. She looks fine, though could be less humanoid (why legs?), but it is one of the units that makes me feel sad and uncertain about the intentions of the developers and H6 success.
It looks more like a Genie, if they added some frickin clothes on her. (don't these people know sex appeal is increased by the amount of skimpy clothing girls wear? :-D ) Seriously though, this as a Haven unit... is just wrong. I imagine priests, paladins and angels are getting along just fine with the totally naked spirits... :mad:

You know, Heroes Online went with the HOMM3 roster and turned a lot of units female too (Zealots, Wraiths, Efreeti) but they were not as over-the-top as here, and the changed units did not look out of place. Most factions only had one female unit, and orcs had none. But since this is Ubi, who felt they have to add an animal-skin wearing HUMAN babe to the Orc faction last time (it still boggles my mind how that could happen... I certainly would not like to be walking around in such an outfit amongst battle-frenzied male orcs and centaurs)... this is not so surprising.
Last edited by BB Shockwave on 05 Dec 2010, 09:50, edited 1 time in total.

Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Derek » 15 Dec 2010, 17:34

4th town is Barbarian(Fortress): http://mightandmagic.de.ubi.com/

Hell has frozen over...

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 15 Dec 2010, 17:40

"Michael the archangel, one of the most iconic characters in Might & Magic Heroes VI."

furret
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby furret » 16 Dec 2010, 22:48

Stronghold! What an interesting twist. I hope they won't bring elfs/academy as the 5#. Also, I hope this stronghold will have more than orcs. Probably a cyclope, a roc, some beast-behemoth-thing/ogre and a dinosaur as the champion.
I wish the last town will be actually new or creative. I'm still disappointed of the necro town (I'm already sick of it from all the previous games. The structre almost didn't change and undeads are too common in fantasy games these days).

Return to “Heroes V-VI”