Hello guys new xl map

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
maygwan
Scout
Scout

Hello guys new xl map

Unread postby maygwan » 17 Nov 2010, 20:38

Hi guys nice to see folk still come here ect. I have been real busy in life as you do but i started a map a year ago and have been tinkering with it for 6 months doing a bit here and there.

well i had a week off so i finished the map and fully tested and completed it.

Its an xl 4 player map either single or multiplay vs 4 computer.
I call it a legion based map as later stages you will need to take out enemies with incredible armies and stats.
i sent it to akul i hope he is still doing the maps and its called The world turns so keep an eye out for it.
took me 5 days to finish it playing it 6hrs a day.

Anyway enjoy and hi to max and yurian hope you guys are well and sorry i never had time to help on the second sig campaign.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 19 Nov 2010, 14:30

Hello Simon! Welcome back. Boy, have we missed you!! :)
Please report to me in Sighisoara business asap. The Team awaits you dear Sir Simon ;)

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 20 Nov 2010, 22:57

Hi Simon,

I'm preparing a graphically enhanced updated to your map if you don't mind. I thought it'll be quite okay as per our old agreement ;)

Yurian

Vlaad II
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Vlaad II » 22 Nov 2010, 19:59

@ maygwan

Started at 200% as Green. Took out all five Purple towns in my area with my starting troops very fast simply by following the roads. The AI didn't put up much of a fight. Now I have to build up in order to beat 100 Azures in the garrison? That was a huge gap in the gameplay. Perhaps introduce strong guards in between towns? Just a thought.

As for the graphics, I don't know what Yurian had in mind, but the map looks just fine.
Cartographer - maps and mapmaking

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Unread postby maygwan » 23 Nov 2010, 08:03

Hi vladd you were meant to take the enemy out fast the game then has a gap while you clean up your area and reach level 35 experience then you will have 3 enemies to take out and again its a case of building up your player doing all the side quests rescueing the prisoners and then taking on the last 2 comp players.
the challenge is more in the way of taking out the huge stacks of neutrals once you reach lv 35 you will see what i mean with huge dragon armies ect guarding portals. i completed the game and i think its a tad easy to be honest i will work on a much harder version of the game maybe. Although if players dont use correct armies to take out the stacks they will struggle.
It was meant to be a multiplayer map so i think its more challenging playing against 3 others rather than the ai.
Anyway thank you for the imput and when i have some free time i may add in a much more difficult ai opponent in the early stages.

please keep me posted and updated it did take me a while to put this map together due to time restraints and i may have rushed it out. i know its fully tested as ive completed it but does it offer a huge challenge maybe not and i may have to look at that and release a 2.0 version down the line.
let me know if you enjoy it at all its the only way i can improve on my maps.
thanx
maygwan

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 23 Nov 2010, 11:39

The graphical update I'm talking about is just that - it deals with scenery and it doesn't interfere with the map's internal balance with regards to the player vs AI. My update is based on on old agreement between me and Maygwan and the stuff I'm preparing for him are but suggestions which Simon can freely disregard or use the way he pleases.

Cheers,

Yurian

intipacha
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby intipacha » 23 Nov 2010, 15:26

beautiful map!

although i think i hate azure dragons now! :mad:

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Unread postby maygwan » 23 Nov 2010, 18:06

intipacha wrote:beautiful map!

although i think i hate azure dragons now! :mad:
haha glad you liked it those black dragons were tuff too especially breaking mutare drake free.

yurian feel free to make some changes and i will look it over as i will probably make a 2.0 version with a very hard ai opponent because even though this map can be played 1 player i think its more of a challenge when u play it multi player.
so i will probably release a version thats as hard as my heaven versus hell map.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”