Igromir news

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Zenofex
Scout
Scout

Re: Igromir news

Unread postby Zenofex » 09 Nov 2010, 20:42

Campaigner wrote:Sometimes you have to tear the whole thing down and rebuild instead of adding on all the time.
Yeah, destroying something and pretending that it still exists and is actually not very different than before makes a hell lot of sense. ;)
And can`t some games just be fun? Why do we nead this balancing nonsense in all games? H2 and H3 had some serious balance flaws but they were fun and their flaws didn`t stop people with coming up with house rules for their little "leagues" to make game more balanced.
There is nothing bad in balance and attempting to make the factions equally competitive. The question is whether ultimately this is done cleverly or not.
I don't think Ubisoft are aiming at players who prefer fast games because no TBS will ever be as fast as a RTS or a FPS. It is more likely that they are trying to attract more newbies to the series - (over)simplified adventure map management, focus on the glooorious battles, shiny things everywhere and so on. What I want to see is whether the game will still be good enough for the old players after Ubihole's witch-doctors are done with their experiments.
Beware Kreegans bearing gifts.

Bugle
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bugle » 10 Nov 2010, 05:46

Well, to be fair, that's not what he's saying. He's saying to build from the ground up, rather than taking a large portion of the building and building around that. In theory, this could be a good direction to take the game, but in practice, I admit it's not looking like it'll be too popular with people right now...

That being said, there's really only two things to do right now: a) wait and see and b) point out what you don't like in a calm and collected manner and hope that if enough people rally behind your cause, something might get changed.

For what it's worth, I think a lot of the changes to the game would work fine if attached to a previous game.... it just feels like the game is making too -many- changes and is starting to become a new beast entirely. Here's a metaphor for you in the form of a hypothetical question... how much of a human can you replace with cybernetic enhancements before he becomes classified as a machine? I think that's really what's going on here, we're seeing less and less of the man we know and love from previous games and seeing more and more of the machine, almost to the point where the man is becoming unrecognizable*. Will the mostly machine-man work out well? Well... only time will tell, I suppose.

*obviously this is only my opinion on the matter...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 Nov 2010, 10:09

In theory, this could be a good direction to take the game, but in practice, I admit it's not looking like it'll be too popular with people right now...
In theory that's another game that's in the same genre...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

MattII
Demon
Demon

Unread postby MattII » 10 Nov 2010, 17:17

Well VCMI looks like it's coming along pretty well, so I think I'll be playing that for the foreseeable future.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 11 Nov 2010, 08:41

I am actually really confused for what or where to look for. This site is a total mess. Can someone give me a tip?

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 11 Nov 2010, 10:36

The video was removed at ubi's request I'm afraid.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Nov 2010, 11:31

The link was a mess anyway, filled up the whole screen and loaded poorly...

Had to d/l it to watch is properly... anyone know any good video cutting tools i can get for free on the net?!
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 11 Nov 2010, 12:28

Elvin wrote:The video was removed at ubi's request I'm afraid.
I guessed so but hoped this isn't the case. Oh, whatever.
ThunderTitan wrote:... anyone know any good video cutting tools i can get for free on the net?!
Ask Google. :D

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Nov 2010, 07:17

Asking Google requires me to wade through the answers myself... someone pointing me straight to a program is way more efficient.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 12 Nov 2010, 07:40

If you have XP or Vista you already have Windows Movie Maker installed. For deleting or rearranging some scenes it is fine as far as my experiences go. If the original file is wmv, there is a high chance Win movie maker was the last program used for its editing.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Nov 2010, 07:51

I'll have to see what i can do with it this weekend then... though maybe i should just upload it to a torrent tracker.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Nov 2010, 15:56

I guess RapidShare works too: http://rapidshare.com/files/430609096/H ... r_full.wmv

Enjoy!

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 19 Nov 2010, 16:28

ThunderTitan wrote:I guess RapidShare works too: http://rapidshare.com/files/430609096/H ... r_full.wmv

Enjoy!
Thanks ! Now do it again )

>>Unassigned file limit of 10 downloads reached.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Nov 2010, 20:12

What, the 10 people that d/l can't be bothered?!

I'll see what i can do tomorrow (too late tonight to set it up) when i have the laptop the video is in back (stupid work, wanting my mom to actually show up with their laptop while she's doing projects for work).

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 22 Nov 2010, 12:58

ThunderTitan wrote:What, the 10 people that d/l can't be bothered?!
i'd like to bother you )

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 Nov 2010, 13:13

Dude... aren't you married...

Anyone got any suggestion for a better upload site?!

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 22 Nov 2010, 18:42

ThunderTitan wrote:Dude... aren't you married...
Yes. That's why she should never know that you've shared a file for me. Can you keep it secret ?

ThunderTitan wrote: Anyone got any suggestion for a better upload site?!
http://www.megaupload.com/ ?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 Nov 2010, 18:53

Screw it, i'm putting it on a torrent site: http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/2 ... 1290451955

And here are some invite codes... first come first served:

4Li3nXofsul1tca0howg7zfufar5g9na5q9bk3b9mphyg

4Li3nXmjw8xvxlmhpk4jkt4v9jxqfgu92rjsqvx4zuwdd

4Li3nXxk1j1px9ab9p3t00onlf1iis3abngxdgtkmp8yj

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 23 Nov 2010, 03:30

@TT: Can you please put it up on a regular torrent site or megaupload, and not some snooty invite thing?
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 Nov 2010, 07:29

I don't get how to upload to megaupload... but i'll post a general account for you guys to use shortly.

Man, demonoid used to let you d/l any new torrents without needing an account... they stopped that before for technical reasons, but never for this long...

Return to “Heroes V-VI”