Cavalry Evolution Poll

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Preference in equastrian warrior:

H1 Cavalry
11%
H2 Cavalry
2%
H2 Champion
13%
H3 Cavalier
3%
H3 Champion
27%
H4 Champion
15%
H5 Cavalier
5%
H5 Paladin
24%
None
No votes

Total votes: 93

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 12 Jul 2007, 17:38

Heroes 4 was nice, but I still prefer H3 champion. they were the best and closest option for a chevalier. The H2 and 1 were very similar, so nothing really notorious - cool. Heroes V was nice as long as it wasn't upgraded. Horse clothing was a bit nice, but their helmets were just...just...just...too silly. It could be designed with the same idea in a very better way.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 12 Jul 2007, 17:41

I like every one of them!
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 12 Jul 2007, 21:08

H5 cavalier for me. He looks proud where he sits and the horse too under all that fancy stuff.

The others? Trashcans with horses!

pacobac
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pacobac » 12 Jul 2007, 22:03

H4 champion are the best of course !!!
very good animation:
CATACLOP, CATACLOP, CATACLOP, STRIIIIIKE !!! :D

Darmani
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Darmani » 13 Jul 2007, 12:16

Voted H3 Champion. Looks very combat ready.

Some of the others have too much armor. H5 upgraded looks like a great ceremonial knight, but not so great for combat.

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 26 Jul 2007, 20:42

I'm voting for the H2 upg. There are a nice set of colors that work well with each other. Many of the others [to me] appear to be variations on the H2 version.

H5 [Brittoneans (sp?)] look great but I'm giving it to H2 upg with H3 upg as an honorable mention.

Lord of the Guns
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Lord of the Guns » 09 Nov 2010, 04:31

^ They're more or less Brettonian knights.

Since i'm a big fan of Caneghem universe. the H1 - H4 cavs are quite a cup of tea for me.

The best look goes for Heroes3 Champions (upgraded Cavs)

H4 Champions are really a "recycled" H3 champions using 3D stock file and with Cav shield removed. What's wrong with Lysander? Didn't he be able to afford every shield to every cavs?

The Ashanite Cavs (not upgraded yet) looks very less protected to me. Knights are all supposed to be HEAVY troops don't they? so Cavaliers and Champions are HEAVY cavs. they should wear helmets and not just a maille coif.
or maybe they represented the 12th Century cavs. while Caneghem cavs represents early renaissance cavs.
don't they?

Return to “Heroes I-IV”