Masters of Sighisoara - a whole new continent!

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 04 Nov 2010, 08:41

Hallo Valery, you Bloody Furie, you mustn't feel sorry for me. :D

Who if not you knows about my (missing) skills at the best. ;)

But I fear if you, the Pacifist, or benbird (or whoever of the real champions) test Yurian's maps, players like me would have never get a chance to successfully win the maps even on novice level. 8|

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 04 Nov 2010, 08:41

Koni wrote:I started testing (on normal), but at the end of month 1 I feel overwhelmed by Rojaician armies which come with 5 (!) strong heroes all the same time - one breaking through the garrison to the east, two to the south, one by underground tunnel in the middle, and the last via monolith exit to the north. Sepultun is far away in the west, and Nagraelle's army is too weak for having a chance to defend (not enough resources for developping both towns). :sad:
Are you interested in checking my savegame?
upload a save in http://www.speedyshare.com/

let me see 8|

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 04 Nov 2010, 09:30

done

I will send the link per pm.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 04 Nov 2010, 10:16

Hallo Koni,

Yes, but a good challenge is what it makes us replay the map, over time as well. And if there is no time limit, a 60% selected difficulty should cripple the AI enough to make it accessible to any level player, that's how SOD works.
And there are cheats as well, for those who struggle but want to complete.

Battles do not have to be impossible to have a challenge, just with various ideas, like different IA heros with fun specialties, specific spells at choke points, interesting quests (not walk the whole map for a centaur axe then back to open some guard) and so on. SOD is still the best challenge because it asks complexity within simplistic editor commands.

Anyway, the tester role is not to show to the mapmaker how to make maps, but to find glitches and give suggestions for a better balance etc.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

New demo version of MoS II map 3 at the Maparchives

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 04 Nov 2010, 17:27

@benbird, Koni and Salamandre:

Thanks for showing support. It means a lot to mean for I've been really working my a$$ off on the campaign and trying my best to constantly improve the quality of the campaign by making all those endless small updates to the three maps currently under work (out of the projected five) that together make the Second Sighisoara campaign.

I've prepared a new version for you folks to try out and stored it at Bytebanditmaps II. Once you get to the Steve & Pol owned site, please see map archive II, then select Files and once you get there search for a folder that has my name on it. The Demo version is there along all my other works, including the updated version (1.2) of my H3:RoE XL map called The Dark Continent which has not been released here on Celestial Heavens despite me contacting the Staff a couple of times about it.

I wish you the best map testing sessions, and please: do not discuss the map here in public, but instead send all your comment, ideas for further polishing of the map, criticism and the like to me, Koni and HeroOfPunk, our too often absent Leader.

With solidarity,
From Me To You,

Yurian
Project Coordinator for the Sighisoara Team
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 04 Nov 2010, 21:23

If you like, I would be happy to playtest for you as well (I think I'll have enough spare time during the next week or two), but be warned that I'm by no means experienced :)

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 06 Nov 2010, 14:23

Update on the 6th of November 2010

Corlagon has been made the newest member of Team Sighisoara's Map Testing Departement. Thanks for joining the New Continent project! ;)
Map testing for "In the Name of the King" is in process, and the results arising from those sessions are being carefully analyzed by the Map Making Departement.

Map 4 of campaign II is being planned and discussed by the Team. As per Yurian's latest suggestion the fourth part of the said campaign now bears the working title "Scared to Death".

If everything proceeds smoothly the new 5-part campaign shall be released by Christmas/New Year.

From the Sighisoara Team's press conference, edited by Yurian Stonebow.
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 15 Nov 2010, 12:38

I am sorry for my inactivity, but I have tooo much to do, I am going to my gf for 4 weeks and need to pack, get a bag, do homework and schoolSHIT! I am very sorry guys but on Wednesday I will be at my gf's place, I will work between 7 am and like.. 4 pm.. So that means I will be dead tired... But as soon as I get into it I am sure I will find a little time some times atleast to work on the maps, once again I am truly sorry...
"By the power of Zelas!"

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 15 Nov 2010, 21:56

*gasp!*

You have ... a life?! 8|
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 15 Nov 2010, 22:03

yes.. sorry :(
"By the power of Zelas!"

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 05 Dec 2010, 15:41

Hey guys, I am still trying to find some time to work on the sighi-project, I believe I will have time today to do some story-writing and therefor enhance the maps a little bit!

How are the maptesting going? How is the walkthrough going benbird? Anyone alive here and still interested for the release of the second campaign? :) I hope this campaign wont send me to the hospital like the last one did haha! :tired:
"By the power of Zelas!"

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 06 Dec 2010, 02:00

HeroOfPunk wrote:Hey guys, I am still trying to find some time to work on the sighi-project, I believe I will have time today to do some story-writing and therefor enhance the maps a little bit!

How are the maptesting going? How is the walkthrough going benbird? Anyone alive here and still interested for the release of the second campaign? :) I hope this campaign wont send me to the hospital like the last one did haha! :tired:
sorry,I haven't start this test :D

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 06 Dec 2010, 16:25

But you finished it mate I found it haha xD
ANyways.... Started working yesterday on the maps... AND... fun enough my computer crashed and died so I lost all my work.. Gonna start over soon again...

Anyways, I just wanted to tell you all I am preparing a little christmas present for all of you, noone except me and my girlfriend knows what it is but I will send it to Yurian by the 10th (NOT 100%) of December so he can check it out and help me out hopefully!

WITH BEST REGARDS!
Max
"By the power of Zelas!"

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 07 Dec 2010, 00:43

HeroOfPunk wrote:But you finished it mate I found it haha xD
ANyways.... Started working yesterday on the maps... AND... fun enough my computer crashed and died so I lost all my work.. Gonna start over soon again...

Anyways, I just wanted to tell you all I am preparing a little christmas present for all of you, noone except me and my girlfriend knows what it is but I will send it to Yurian by the 10th (NOT 100%) of December so he can check it out and help me out hopefully!

WITH BEST REGARDS!
Max
recently I play the map of 'wayfarer',so I have not enough time to test it:-0

Merry christmas!

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 07 Dec 2010, 09:28

Hi, I'm just wandering if do you need any more testers?
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 07 Dec 2010, 15:02

Muszka indeed we do! email me on maxygdell@hotmail.com :D
"By the power of Zelas!"

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 07 Dec 2010, 17:39

I can say that I have started working on my christmas gift to you all already and the christmas present WILL be shared right here, on Celestial Heavens! :)
"By the power of Zelas!"

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 08 Dec 2010, 17:03

Well I can report that my work is going fine, If I were to set a status to my work it is a 0.80 status perhaps :) I would also like to welcome Moszka to the Sighisoara team! :D
"By the power of Zelas!"

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 19 Dec 2010, 12:51

I would now state it to be... 0.96... Releasing it here around 22nd hopefully! :)
"By the power of Zelas!"

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 22 Dec 2010, 17:25

Here is everybodies christmas gift from me and Yurian!

https://www.celestialheavens.com/search ... ion=search
"By the power of Zelas!"

Return to “Heroes I-IV”