The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 04 May 2010, 14:47

Big Daddy Jim wrote:Congrats on this one! To my knowledge, that's the 'fastest' play time on record! Did the end game video play for you?
Mn did it faster:
Mn wrote:Starting party (142 level) - Paladin(?), Exorcist and two Stalkers.
Party level(s) in the end of game - 228-228-227-228.
Time - 0 Years, 5 Months, 3 Days.
Score - 805939
I cheated 2 times in the first part:
1) I removed all "steal" bonuses from monsters.txt
2) I returned my 18 points in Dark Magic after they were set to 11 by Master trainer.
Played the first part on Warrior.

The ending video didn't play because the original video had smaller height and was positioned at Y=40 leaving black stripes above and below it. Thus, the bottom of new video was out of buffer bounds. What I can't understand is how it could play on your computers :)
I posted the fix here. It should work both with mime and Mok's patches.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 04 May 2010, 18:22

motter28218 wrote:
vladimir-maestro wrote:grayface produced a patch for TCC-add ons and resolve this problem =)
now everyone could see final video without any problems.
That was a great end-game vid Vladimir, what program did you use to create it? Really cool, I loved it. You are very talented my friend.

Otter
here you go - daz3d.com =)
but now i start to study animation in 3ds max.
here is exclusive creature for heroes 3 - Image but still in progress.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Mn
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mn » 05 May 2010, 10:59

My congrats to Grayface!
Yes, I finished Part2 faster than You but Your party level is three times smaller than my - Your result is great!
I think if anyone will playing Part2 second time, he/she can greatly decrease my time (5 months+3 days) - to 2-3 months...

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 05 May 2010, 16:57

GrayFace wrote:I posted the fix here. It should work both with mime and Mok's patches.
Oops. I forgot my patch uses newer versions of dlls. This exe is only for my patch.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

katino
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Chaos Conspiracy - a breath of fresh air

Unread postby katino » 14 Aug 2010, 11:50

Forgive me if this pedestrianises this particular forum but I don't usually get into online chat groups. However, I have been so impressed and perplexed by TCC since I downloaded the final release that I just had to post this to say thanks to the development team for revitalising an old game format and producing such an intriguing adventure.

I'd like to offer my sympathy to BDJ on learning of his sight problem. Such an active and creative brain deserves a better break. I hope you can continue unabated and I'll keep wishing for some sort of miracle.

On a practical note, I downloaded the files onto a Mac, saved to DVD and loaded onto my home PC. Read the instructions for installation and everything worked perfectly (at least for Part 1). I don't have a torrent download facility but the compacted file transfer was good.

Being a dim twit, I didn't pick up the importance of The Seer early on in the game and I was struggling with finding the Diplomacy trainers (hint: their location used to be a Temple of Baa) and Aeros magic expert. Once I got clues to those from this forum, I was off and running. Of course, I had already taken my party out to shoot everything in sight so some of the quest dungeons were already done by the time I reached the part of the story that demanded quest items.

Anyway, I've just completed the Temple of Chaos quest (what a bitch that is!) and my party are on level 90 and going strong. They still seem to get cursed far too easily, though, and apart from the Dreamweaver near Cheroburg, they haven't met any Drow yet! So I'm not counting on a 'superteam' performance just yet.

Thanks once again for a great game and if anyone does produce a walkthrough, I'm sure it would encourage the more timid amongst our brethren to give this a try.

Katino

jeff

Re: The Chaos Conspiracy - a breath of fresh air

Unread postby jeff » 14 Aug 2010, 13:50

katino wrote:Thanks once again for a great game and if anyone does produce a walkthrough, I'm sure it would encourage the more timid amongst our brethren to give this a try.

Katino
I think a walkthrough or player’s guide would be nice, the best ones to do that would be one of the playtesters like Zedd, BDJ himself or some fan who has completed it as many have run through it many times. I was one of the team and wrote most of the local quests and the much of the drow story line. Unfortunately I would give BDJ advice or suggested locations for objects but program restrictions frequently caused the items to be placed elsewhere. In many cases the quest had to be programed in a way that differed from how I envisioned it. It may sound funny but I have never actually played it to completion; so I am not the one for the job at least not at this time.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

katino
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

A breath of fresh air

Unread postby katino » 17 Aug 2010, 11:04

Is there any realistic chance that one of the team may do a walkthrough? Thanks for your comments Jeff - it would certainly help the game's popularity if one is done.

I played quite a lot over the weekend - finally met the Drow (in spades!). Driders are real ugly critters aren't they - just nice for this game! I think you guys must be sadists having the player go after the skulls, only to have the Drow steal 'em back again so you have to re-gather these items.

I don't recognise the Quedagh's Curse dungeon from the old MM6 game. Is it newly designed for this scenario or is my memory slipping again?

Anyway onwards and, hopefully, upwards as The Seer is now sending me right into the thick of it to retrieve the Jewel! Oh joy.

Incidentally, one of my characters has now reached level 100. The last available training ground (in Chernoburg) has decided that they can't train anybody above this level. Is there an answer to this, or have I reached the limit of advancement?

Katino

Konfuzius
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Konfuzius » 31 Oct 2010, 10:56

After some time I decided to continue my journey in Nimradur (I forgot why I stopped) and finished every promotion quest of the lords so far with exception of the judgement quest of King Jaffa.

Can anybody help me? I know that only one person is missing but I don't know which person it is nor where to find it. I almost searched in whole Nimradur but the very high-level areas like The Far Reaches.

And since I can't continue with the other promotion quests I suppose that I must finish this quest before I can do any further promotions.

Can anyone post a short summary of the locations of the persons, please?

jeff

Re: A breath of fresh air

Unread postby jeff » 31 Oct 2010, 15:01

katino wrote: Is there any realistic chance that one of the team may do a walkthrough? Thanks for your comments Jeff - it would certainly help the game's popularity if one is done.

I played quite a lot over the weekend - finally met the Drow (in spades!). Driders are real ugly critters aren't they - just nice for this game! I think you guys must be sadists having the player go after the skulls, only to have the Drow steal 'em back again so you have to re-gather these items.

Incidentally, one of my characters has now reached level 100. The last available training ground (in Chernoburg) has decided that they can't train anybody above this level. Is there an answer to this, or have I reached the limit of advancement?
Vladimir did a great job creating the Drider, it was one of the high points when I got him to agree to do it and the witches. See comments below.
Konfuzius wrote:Can anyone post a short summary of the locations of the persons, please?
Sorry this thread had fallen so I had not seen Katino's comments, but for both of your questions, a lot of what you asked have been answered in posts here at CH. If you can't find them I would suggest you try the MM6 tavern at TELP. Zedd was a playtester and is one of the most knowledgeable about the actual game. If he can't answer the question, it likely would require BDJ.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 31 Oct 2010, 15:35

i'll try to add most FAQ on mmgames.ru site in TCC section but not in nearest future.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Konfuzius
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Konfuzius » 31 Oct 2010, 20:28

Thanks for the help Jeff, the fraud was the person I've been looking for.

But I have 2 more questions. I killed Koshei and his Dragon and now possess the Egg, but I forgot the person who wants it.

And I completed every mission of the lords but I don't know where to go next. The seer has nothing to talk about and every lord wants more experience, hence I'm level 70 I don't think that this is meant literally.
Only 4 quests are left so far(the Crystal of Mana, Urns of Lemkaren, Danu's Letters and the egg) and they don't look like they are linked with the promotion quests
Did I miss something maybe?

Edit: and of course thanks a lot for doing this mod :D you guys are great
Edit2: Ok nevermind, it seems that I forgot to start the mission of lord Godwindson. After that I visited all the other lords and achieved 3 second promotions within minutes because I've cleared almost every single dungeon with exception of the very high ones :D.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 01 Nov 2010, 20:10

Konfuzius wrote:But I have 2 more questions. I killed Koshei and his Dragon and now possess the Egg, but I forgot the person who wants it.
Well to answer one, the way I wrote the quest you were to return the egg to Taija in Cheroburg. I believe that is the way BDJ coded it. ;|

elfric
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

King Jaffar Sinners Locations

Unread postby elfric » 03 Nov 2010, 06:56

I am having the same problem as an earlier poster - I've looked everywhere I can think of but cannot find one of the sinners. Since any answers were not posted publicly, I'll need to ask again. Can someone tell me the location of the 5 sinners?

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 03 Nov 2010, 14:18

Mamma Jamma has given a good answer:
Mamma Jamma wrote:I'll post for everybody to see the quest with the Judgement.

Except for one guy, who seems to be always in the same location (his name is Fraud, I believe, and he seems to be always in the far NW tavern in Kataan, close to the cave) the others are randomly placed. I'm sorry, but there is no easy way around it: you'll have to check everywhere, until you find them...

Fraud is always (or so it seems) in the NW Tavern in Kataan
Adultery is in a Tavern (other than the one with Fraud)
Self-righteousness is in a Temple (regular, NOT Carmen)
Avarice is in a Bank
The "bully" (forgot the name...) is in a Training Hall.

Here is a link that may help you in your search:
http://telp.org/mm6/tavern/anyboard/posts/41887.html
In my playthrough I found them in these places:
Fraud - Ironfist tavern in north-west.
Bully - Ironfist training center.
Self-righteousness - Silver Cove temple.
Adultery - Silver Cove tavern.

elfric
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby elfric » 03 Nov 2010, 21:58

Thank you - that did the trick. No wonder I couldn't find the last one - I NEVER use banks so I never enter them. Last one was hiding out in Demonclaw's Bank - go figure.

Thanks!

elfric
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby elfric » 04 Nov 2010, 04:00

Of course, now I'm stuck again. I've completed all the second-level promotion quests, defaced the chaos temple and completed every quest in my log except the urns and the scrolls of Danu. The seer has nothing to say to me and I have NO idea what to do next.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 04 Nov 2010, 22:40

elfric wrote:Of course, now I'm stuck again. I've completed all the second-level promotion quests, defaced the chaos temple and completed every quest in my log except the urns and the scrolls of Danu. The seer has nothing to say to me and I have NO idea what to do next.
The seer won't as they are not mainline quests. I wrote both, but unfortunately BDJ had to select the location for the objects and I never bothered to ask him where they ended up. Again I recommend the TELP forum if searching here doesn't help.

elfric
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby elfric » 04 Nov 2010, 23:32

No, I understand those are not mainline quests. What I'm wondering is what is next IN the mainline. There is nothing in my quest log besides what I listed and the seer is not giving me any clue as to what is next. So, I'm stumped on the mainline quests.

As for TELP, I will post there if there are no responses here, but it requires me setting up a new account there and honestly, the forum there is much harder to use than this one, including a lack of good search functionality.

Meh.

zalunaya
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby zalunaya » 05 Nov 2010, 06:38

elfric wrote:As for TELP, I will post there if there are no responses here, but it requires me setting up a new account there and honestly, the forum there is much harder to use than this one, including a lack of good search functionality.
You don't need to sign up at TELP to post a message, as far as I know. The only requirement is a thread title that is descriptive and can't be mistaken for spam, as a lot of spammers have been posting there lately. Anyhow, TELP's is a great place to find answers for TCC (or mm6 in general). Good luck. :)

Sorry I couldn't be of help as to the original question, I haven't completed the mod. :(

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 06 Nov 2010, 04:17

One more thing: always put space after a dot, because a dot followed by 2 letters anywhere in your message will usually lead to a ban by spam filter.

Return to “Might and Magic”