Compatibility issue - please help

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
Vlaad II
Demon
Demon

Compatibility issue - please help

Unread postby Vlaad II » 29 Oct 2010, 19:18

It's been five years since the Map Contest and I have given up on ever seeing the next patch, but I would still love to publish my map. I'd like to remove all the new stuff and make the map compatible with Equi or WoW, but obviously it cannot be done with the standard editor. The trouble is the map was made with the Contest editor, which I don't have anymore. I've tried editing it with the latest (unofficial) patch, but it didn't work as it's a far cry from the Contest version:

Could anybody help me please? In brief, send me a private message with the Contest editor, or if you are a dev and prefer not to share it, I'll send you the map and you could remove the new stuff (a bunch of adventure objects) yourself and mail the map back to me.

A lot of work went into that scenario and I'd hate to see it go to waste, which seems to be the case.
Cartographer - maps and mapmaking

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 07 Nov 2010, 16:04

I hope you were able to get the map contest editor. I have often wished I had it, but for some reason the equilbris team only did a limited release and then withdrew it. The various new objects it had are fabulous. I believe I read a post by Dalai some time ago saying a few of the objects were not going to be in 3.6. I know real world demands and their need for programing help has stalled their efforts. Still it would be nice if they re-released the map contest editor without the objects not supported by 3.6. It might re-energize the interest in H-IV.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Vlaad II
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Vlaad II » 08 Nov 2010, 15:04

No, I didn't get anything. Yeah, there was some great stuff, like quest huts that looked like creatures. But I don't care anymore. I even don't want the editor, I just wish my map was compatible with any playable version.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 08 Nov 2010, 23:56

I can understand not wanting it as it will create maps that can't be played by very many. I think Robenhagen had it at one time, you might PM him to see if he can help you out.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Robenhagen
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Robenhagen » 17 Nov 2010, 20:45

Sorry for the late reply - I don't my ch-email account as often as I should, but I have the installation files for Equilibris v3.6 Contest and I can email them to you if you like?
I was lookin’ back to see if you were lookin’ back at me to see me lookin’ back at you.

Vlaad II
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Vlaad II » 18 Nov 2010, 15:34

Yes, please. I've sent you a PM with my e-mail. Thank you very much. :)

Robenhagen
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Robenhagen » 18 Nov 2010, 19:40

Shipped off a zip-file for you - enjoy :D
I was lookin’ back to see if you were lookin’ back at me to see me lookin’ back at you.

Return to “Equilibris”