MM7: Is abusing the wishing well in Eofol cheating?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 17 Oct 2010, 23:32

I would call it cheating, but considering that Eofol is the second to last thing in the game, I wouldn't really worry about it, as it only makes the last few hours of the game slightly easier. I guess you could put more points in Blaster or something.

Inversely, I don't think using the warp to get to the Shrine of the Gods and the NWC dungeon in M&M VI is cheating. Certainly, it makes the beginning of the game slightly easier, but by the time you start getting to the mid-level areas, those +20 stats aren't as useful as they once were...
Back from the dead? Maybe.

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 18 Oct 2010, 08:15

No the NWC is not cheating, nor the shrine in Dragonsand.

But using the chest in NWC is considered cheating. You get gold until you reach 10.000. Which means if you place a beacon - go to your bank, deposite - go back - you'l get another 10.000. Cheating in my eyes.

TheAnyKey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby TheAnyKey » 18 Oct 2010, 14:03

Sure Valla wrote:No the NWC is not cheating, nor the shrine in Dragonsand.

But using the chest in NWC is considered cheating. You get gold until you reach 10.000. Which means if you place a beacon - go to your bank, deposite - go back - you'l get another 10.000. Cheating in my eyes.
I don't consider the NWC dungeon as part of the game, it's a bonus area besides the actual game. So in my opinion using the NWC dungen in whatever respect is cheating.

I use it anyway to get gold, in most of my games, since I don't like my game to be slowed down by the lack of gold. You'll get enough gold anyway eventually but the lack of a sufficient amount of gold just drags the pace horribly in the beginning.

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 25 Oct 2010, 09:33

Yeah I agree, in the beginning you got a huge lack of gold. But in late game aswell. Training will cost too much!

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 25 Oct 2010, 17:23

Sure Valla wrote:Yeah I agree, in the beginning you got a huge lack of gold. But in late game aswell. Training will cost too much!
1) Comparing to MM1-5 it is cheap, very cheap!
2) Try Bounty Hunting instead of just killing monsters. The bounty values mostly higher than just picking corpses (because you pick the victim's corpse anyway :D).
3) Carry prizes from the Circus of Sun to the Dragonsand. Abdullah Resort will serve you well.

Return to “Might and Magic”