Heroes V Legends of the Ancients

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
Lord of the Guns
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Lord of the Guns » 19 Oct 2010, 07:04

Impressive.

i've tried the HoF versions sometimes ago.. here's my reviews
1. The first and the second Book1 missions (Played as Maulstar, aimed to liberate the Kreegan races out of Necromancer's shackle and in turn, to end Gauldoth's regime) were somewhat easy. However the third mission, played as Emilia (she looks much like Isabelle :P, including a full plate armor) against Kingdom of Palaedra. was hard (I've played this mod in an internet cafe')
OK I understood that UBISoft doesn't like to see modders importing their own 3DS files into H5. but i'd like to see the storylines behind Great Arcan factions (and how do Gremlins return and re equipped with Handcannon).
2. In the same versions, the HISTORY sections of creatures and recruitible heroes still remain ASHAN, (maybe including random towns), will those of unit history be rewritten into Caneghem universe? (i.e. SHEOGH -> Kreegrans), and will the recruitible heroes get any overhaul? (i.e. willH4 recruitible heroes reappear as a recruibitles in LotA and replace those of Ashan?)

I am a fan of Caneghem universe and not favoring UBIsoft ones

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 19 Oct 2010, 15:57

Lord of the Guns wrote:and will the recruitible heroes get any overhaul? (i.e. willH4 recruitible heroes reappear as a recruibitles in LotA and replace those of Ashan?)
Yes, as it stands I'm replacing almost all the standard heroes' portraits in the game with modified versions more similar to the "Axeoth saga" characters.
Here's a few examples. Try and guess who's who :)

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Lord of the Guns
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Lord of the Guns » 19 Oct 2010, 16:32

I'll try.. from left to
- A Kreegan dude, maybe Calth, or Gargareen (?)
- Luna, Big time Norastonite Sorceress, One time sorceress, now a Vamp Death Knight.
- Christian the Ballista Knight. probably one of the renowned generals of Erathia, still he's more or less playboy :p. His armor still looks very Ashan to me and not Palaedrans
- Yog the Barbarian (?)
- Krellion (remember his iconic warcry!)
- Straker the Death Knight (since H3)

right?

And what about Sir Charles Quixote? what happened to him? did he dies along with the COLONY?

lotusreaver
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby lotusreaver » 21 Oct 2010, 03:45

Those portraits look amazing. Anxiously awaiting the game's release!

Lord of the Guns
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Lord of the Guns » 21 Oct 2010, 15:40

EDIT:

From left to RIGHT. i've missed several parts sorry
- Luna was ONE TIME elementalist AFTER she became sorceress,

OK Marzhin or anyone in the team.

What is the fate of Jadamean dark elves? do they simply perished with the COLONY? or did they made it to AXEOTH? if they survive the reckoning...
- Do they live along with other COLONY elves? as citizens of ARANORN?
- Do they still do the same trading stuffs like they was in Jadame and form an army of multiracial merces?
- Do they still worship Spiders? (in MM8, Jadamean Dark Elves worships spider, HOWEVER no such creatures or any derivative araknids presents as an active creature in the actual game)
for me.... ARANORN restricted their lifestyles, they should be more or less WHEELERS, i.e. live in THE WHEEL and trade with any warring barons living there?

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 21 Oct 2010, 15:46

Well we probably won't be answering any of those questions in LotA, as Marzhin said it's more focused on addressing the mysteries of Axeoth than those of Enroth... but personally I believe Aranorn is comprised of a union of the AvLee, Alvar and Vori Elves.
Good guesses :)

v1adimir
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby v1adimir » 22 Oct 2010, 14:41

So, when will you make us happy with Books 3&4?

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 30 Oct 2010, 15:00

Hello guys,
It seems our progress will unfortunately be slowing down yet again because Zenithale, Marzhin and I have a lot going on with Heroes VI and real life, and as such I'm getting increasingly worried that we will be likely to meet the deadline I set.
It's enormously frustrating because there's not really a lot of work to do: only three maps remain unfinished, but it is pretty time-consuming. While I am still chipping in the free time I can (and we WILL do our very best to release the finished campaigns before H6, I promise that), it looks unlikely that it will happen very soon - unless another mapmaker joins up to complete the task. I'll ask around and do what I can, but just in case...

...I'm certain people want to know how the LotA storyline ends and I don't want to drag things on into next year or longer than is reasonable, since that would be nothing but a disservice to all of you, so I had another proposal.
I was wondering whether you would be interested in the release of a final version of the artbook with the storyline of Book IV included, just as we did for Book III. I have some extra surprises in mind to go along with the release. You wouldn't get to play it straight away, but you'd have the epic conclusion in your hands, and that is what matters most :)

Of course, it's just an idea, but if you support it I will try to make it happen.
What are your opinions?

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 30 Oct 2010, 20:07

Don't ask, just release.

Zeallos
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Legends of the Ancients

Unread postby Zeallos » 01 Nov 2010, 15:45

Just registered here (although ive been a loooooong time lurker) to say i loved book 1 and 2 of the legends mod, and am really grateful for all the work you have done so far and are still doing!

Playing LotA felt like playing heroes V like it was meant to be, and im really looking forward to book 3 and 4. I wish i could contribute, but i have no skills in that terrain. Hope you guys manage to finish it one day!

v1adimir
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby v1adimir » 14 Nov 2010, 09:44

Will we see the last books before the new year?

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 14 Nov 2010, 13:18

It's possible but unlikely, though I expect it won't take much longer after that. We still have two very unfinished maps to complete, and then all the necessary scripting - there are some complex puzzles indeed so we need someone really skilled who also has time to help...

The good news is that the writing is all totally finished (the campaign story, and not to mention +100 new hero bios :D), and Zenithale's work is unbelievably good (as usual), so you won't be disappointed regarding both atmosphere and gameplay. It will feel more like Axeoth than ever before :)

LocutusBorg
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby LocutusBorg » 28 Dec 2010, 08:47

I am looking forward for rest of campaign (even if I've just started it :P )

So: GoooooOOOO LotA Team!!! Image

v1adimir
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby v1adimir » 29 Dec 2010, 10:29

Shame they can't be released before the new year, will have to stick to other games :|

shahar2604
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby shahar2604 » 02 Jan 2011, 13:00

any new regarding further development or release date?

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 03 Jan 2011, 16:56

About a month or two to go.
And no, I won't be postponing it to 2014 this time :P

shahar2604
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby shahar2604 » 03 Mar 2011, 15:27

it's been a couple of months and no update :(
Is there new information on any further development?
I'd like to have an h6 worm up... ;)

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 03 Mar 2011, 21:22

There has been good progress, but I'm afraid there will probably be a further delay due to my exams and H6 :(
I'll try my damnedest to get something good ready ASAP though :)

In the meantime, stay vigilant... we're still on course :D

Kastore Arcannet
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kastore Arcannet » 17 Apr 2011, 12:19

My friend asked when will the LotA. He also wondered what would happen in the new chapter. Can you tell me about it something, please?

bear1281
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Sep 8

Unread postby bear1281 » 09 Jun 2011, 22:11

Is the game going to come out Sep 7? Just would like an update please. I am eagerly waiting. This is an awesome series.

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”