Area of Control [forts]

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Roman
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Roman » 03 Oct 2010, 14:43

I agree with you on Conflux. The way we used to play HoMM 3 & Expansions is that each of us selected one faction/race to be his or her personal faction/race and always played the same faction. I picked Conflux to be my personal faction/race, but it was so incredibly powerful that I decided not to play with them anymore and picked another faction/race.

In the case of areas of control, however, it is not a matter of balance, but rather style of game preference.
ThunderTitan wrote:
I personally like the idea of reducing some of the micromanagement of having secondary heroes have to go to each creature dwelling each week in order to maximize efficiency of creature production.
Actually that wouldn't be required even without the area of control because now external dwellings simply add to the numbers being produced in town when you have them flagged (and apparently they only give your hero units when you first flag them).
Well, the way I understand it is that the creature dwellings are linked to the town that has them in its area of control.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Oct 2010, 06:41

Roman wrote: In the case of areas of control, however, it is not a matter of balance, but rather style of game preference.
It is one when they basically ensure a steady income as long as the fort remains yours.

But i wasn't implying they're OP like the Conflux, just that taking them out in the editor isn't exactly a point in their favour.
Roman wrote:
ThunderTitan wrote:
I personally like the idea of reducing some of the micromanagement of having secondary heroes have to go to each creature dwelling each week in order to maximize efficiency of creature production.
Actually that wouldn't be required even without the area of control because now external dwellings simply add to the numbers being produced in town when you have them flagged (and apparently they only give your hero units when you first flag them).[/size]
Well, the way I understand it is that the creature dwellings are linked to the town that has them in its area of control.
Which means that the dwellings add to the growth in that town...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Jamesbacker
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Jamesbacker » 22 Mar 2011, 20:57

how about other players can capture the mines in the AoC but for the player to regain control, he just needs to send a hero to the control point to flag all the mines in that region again?

Return to “Heroes V-VI”