Is it naga faction ?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 21 Sep 2010, 20:45

Hard not to, too many clues :) Btw the faceless are never specifically mentioned though I'm pretty sure we'll bump on them at some point.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 21 Sep 2010, 21:31

Raelag84 wrote:Come to think of it I don't know why we have been concluding the new faction is the Naga given the the clues we have been offered.
- The Naga faction was planned for H5, but dropped. There is artwork that shows a Chinese/Japanese influenced style.
- Paul Romero(?) said the game has something to do with China (I don't remember that in detail).
- Of the confirmed terrains, one is jungle. Since every terrain is connected to a faction, Nagas is the best fit.
- One faction is confirmed to be new.

If the Faceless form a faction, they'll probably be related to Dungeon.

Dragon Angel
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Dragon Angel » 21 Sep 2010, 22:00

If the Faceless form a faction, they'll probably be related to Dungeon
Yes, not to say the game takes place in 564 YSD, and by 540 YSD Malassa and the Faceless have forged its alliance with the Dark Elves.

Yet Raelag has some point: might this event in 540 YSD what has made the Archangel decide he has to fight again its enemies?

Might this imply the 2 new races are?:

(New) Naga
(Old) Dungeon (with less DE, and 1 or 2 faceless units)

We keep Black Dragons, but this means titans (Mages) fall out...

admira99
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby admira99 » 22 Sep 2010, 01:36

Darkström wrote:
Raelag84 wrote:Come to think of it I don't know - Of the confirmed terrains, one is jungle. Since every terrain is connected to a faction, Nagas is the best fit.
Yes :D Naga with Hindu influence and Tropical Jungle surely did :D :D :D

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 22 Sep 2010, 03:18

Titans are among the most favourite troops since HoMM II. The strongest shooter ( and the only shooter among the highest level creatures) in the game and they have quiet nice ability too.
Developer feel to have a 'responsibility' to 'cheer up' the crowd by giving fans a new faction and not delay it for expansion pack.
It's a pitty, it seems we've to wait for Titans till the expansion pack.

Zenofex
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Zenofex » 22 Sep 2010, 11:01

You are too quick to dismiss the Wizards, it could appear that we'll actually lose Dungeon withe initial release, not Academy (and of course there is an option both of them to fall off). This will make either the Black Dragons or the Titans unavailable or at least factionless (though I really won't miss the dark elf half of the HoMM V Dungeon line-up in such scenario, on the contrary). The underground will be present, but it is a necessety, so they can't skip it even if there is no faction to be found there - just like in HoMM IV.
I for one hope that Academy will be the 4th faction - it's much better choice than the rest of the possibilities, which are all, in Ashan's context, over-generic in concept. :disagree:

Raelag84
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Raelag84 » 22 Sep 2010, 13:07

Elvin wrote:Hard not to, too many clues :) Btw the faceless are never specifically mentioned though I'm pretty sure we'll bump on them at some point.
Hey I'm just sayin, it's possible. It has been specifically mentioned that the resurrected archangel lived during the elder wars and wants to get revenge on "ancient enemies". Official guide book claims the angels fought the faceless during the elder wars. But I digress

Ubsoft I know you're listening so I am going to ask you this. If you think that the original Naga legends are so bad that they need to be drastically warped to entertain gamers why do you even have them in your game? Why not invent you own idea for a race? I for one wouldn't mind if you did that and I am sure other gamers would be perfectly happy with that.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 Sep 2010, 16:07

Raelag84 wrote: If you think that the original Naga legends are so bad that they need to be drastically warped to entertain gamers why do you even have them in your game?
Well the Nagas in HoMM where never even close to the original myths, so whatever.

But as their latest idea of a new faction was putting DElves in Dungeon this is better then whatver they would come up with...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

admira99
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby admira99 » 22 Sep 2010, 17:24

Raelag84 wrote:
Elvin wrote:Hard not to, too many clues :) Btw the faceless are never specifically mentioned though I'm pretty sure we'll bump on them at some point.
Hey I'm just sayin, it's possible. It has been specifically mentioned that the resurrected archangel lived during the elder wars and wants to get revenge on "ancient enemies". Official guide book claims the angels fought the faceless during the elder wars. But I digress

Ubsoft I know you're listening so I am going to ask you this. If you think that the original Naga legends are so bad that they need to be drastically warped to entertain gamers why do you even have them in your game? Why not invent you own idea for a race? I for one wouldn't mind if you did that and I am sure other gamers would be perfectly happy with that.
invent an idea for a race?
I have one. you know, Ylath follower. As for Air Dragon. You might expect to have this:
Core: Ethereal --> Sylph, Storm Caller --> Stormancer, Fanatic --> Einherjar
Elite: Lancer --> Valkyrie, Pegasi --> Pegasus Knight, ??? can't decide
Champion: Stymphalian

I imagine Stymphalian being a beautiful bird with 4 wings and a jade crystal on its forehead.

Valkyrie although I would put it on Pegasus. I imagine Valkyrie like Lenneth in Valkyrie Profile Game (I know it is japan game but I think the armor design is cool), why not putting her on Pegasus? since I want to have her as Demi-God being a creature close to Air Dragon appearance (and making her a walker not flyer) while The Knight in Pegasus in my imagination is human in heavy armor.

Tileset: Meadow

:D I think this might work out. Now. this IS original, I only use 1 creature from the previous Heroes series (specifically H3).
Last edited by admira99 on 22 Sep 2010, 17:27, edited 1 time in total.

Raelag84
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Raelag84 » 22 Sep 2010, 17:26

ThunderTitan wrote: But as their latest idea of a new faction was putting DElves in Dungeon this is better then whatver they would come up with...
Am I missing something? Because that sounded like an argument for being more authentic not less.

Yet the feeling I gather here is that people think that somehow being authentic will some how hurt the qulity of the game. I have no idea why anyone would think that though.

By they way admira99 I found this on the faction making contest from this year http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=32594

You might want to check it out because it seems to be in the same vein as your idea. For that matter you might want to enter the contest next year.

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 22 Sep 2010, 21:53

I don't think the creators of Ashan thought everything through to the end. Which is a pity... but then again they shouldn't have explicitly stated how the world and its races were created, because that doesn't leave much room to expand it. Now there can't be trolls or ogres because they don't fit the lore.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 23 Sep 2010, 07:24

Now there can't be trolls or ogres because they don't fit the lore.
Actually they can by saying that they are another hybrid race like orcs.

Raelag84
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Raelag84 » 23 Sep 2010, 22:56

ThunderTitan wrote:
Raelag84 wrote:
Am I missing something? Because that sounded like an argument for being more authentic not less.
No, it was more of an argument that one shouldn't bother asking an armless man to learn how to juggle...
Well what I concluded is that since Ubisoft has difficulty coming up with it's own ideas it should get ideas from the old Naga legends IE be more Authentic.

Let me put it this way. When Ubisoft decided to have Heroes of might and magic V in a diffrent universe than the other HOMM games fans of the series were furious, because Ubisoft was being unauthentic with their game series. Just as the changes Ubisoft made in HOMMV angred you and others, it angers me Ubisoft is making changes to the Naga.

Nelgirith
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nelgirith » 23 Sep 2010, 23:01

Raelag84 wrote:Let me put it this way. When Ubisoft decided to have Heroes of might and magic V in a diffrent universe than the other HOMM games fans of the series were furious, because Ubisoft was being unauthentic with their game series. Just as the changes Ubisoft made in HOMMV angred you and others, it angers me Ubisoft is making changes to the Naga.
I was happy they abandonned Axeoth ... I know many are happy they did. I even know many who don't even care about the universe :P

Raelag84
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Raelag84 » 23 Sep 2010, 23:19

Nelgirith wrote: I was happy they abandonned Axeoth ... I know many are happy they did. I even know many who don't even care about the universe :P
Ok that doesn't refute my analogy.

Look I am going to guess that at some point in your life somebody made changes to bit of media you liked (like a book or a movie or a show) and you happned not to like it and even if you didn't I am sure you can derive how I feel.

By the way my favrioute faction is acctully the dark elves so i liked some of the changes too, but that doesn't mean the concern of people who didn't like the changes is unwarrented.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Sep 2010, 14:53

Raelag84 wrote: Anyways why don't you think Ubisoft should be authentic with it's Naga faction?
I think they're incapable of such a thing (new races in H5 being Elves in Dungeon and all).
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Raelag84
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Raelag84 » 27 Sep 2010, 23:11

ThunderTitan wrote:
Raelag84 wrote: Anyways why don't you think Ubisoft should be authentic with it's Naga faction?
I think they're incapable of such a thing (new races in H5 being Elves in Dungeon and all).
Wow! You really think little of Ubisoft. I can't imagine it would be hard for Ubisoft to conduct research on Naga; they did after all put together an interfaith panel for the game Assassins’ creed. Heck they could probably find some people that still worship Naga and get them to guide the company through the process of adapting Naga to the world of Asha.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Sep 2010, 06:38

Raelag84 wrote: Wow! You really think little of Ubisoft.
Dude, have you not been paying attention...

Last time Ubi announced that they where making a totally new faction they just put elves in Dungeon and called it a day... what else could i think based on that.

Raelag84
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Raelag84 » 28 Sep 2010, 15:20

ThunderTitan wrote:
Dude, have you not been paying attention...

Last time Ubi announced that they where making a totally new faction they just put elves in Dungeon and called it a day... what else could i think based on that.
On the other hand the when Ubisoft made the series "Assassin’s creed" They were rather historically accurate and carful to get a good understanding of Israel during the crusades and Italy during the renaissance. Therefore someone working at Ubisoft must know how to do their homework.

If they didn't they could ask us to volunteer as researchers, wouldn't even have to pay us. Heck to get my faction done for ICTC I did a lot of research already.

MattII
Demon
Demon

Unread postby MattII » 28 Sep 2010, 21:08

Raelag84 wrote:
ThunderTitan wrote: Dude, have you not been paying attention...

On the other hand the when Ubisoft made the series "Assassin’s creed" They were rather historically accurate and carful to get a good understanding of Israel during the crusades and Italy during the renaissance. Therefore someone working at Ubisoft must know how to do their homework.
Well, yeah, but there's a difference, they were basing Assassin's Creed on real life (sort of), whereas HoMM/MM:H is entirely fantasy, so there's no proof to go on, and a million different opinions

Return to “Heroes V-VI”