Heroes V Legends of the Ancients

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 02 Jun 2010, 21:34

At long last, I updated the Legends of the Ancients website :) It's about time :D

A link to the TotE version of Book 1 and 2 can be sfound on the front page, the page for Book 3 has been added (with screenshots :)) and the Crag Hack wallpaper and Art-book can be downloaded from the Goodies page :)

The site can still be found at the same old adress : http://lota.celestialheavens.com

v1adimir
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby v1adimir » 27 Jun 2010, 06:36

Marzhin wrote:At long last, I updated the Legends of the Ancients website :) It's about time :D

A link to the TotE version of Book 1 and 2 can be sfound on the front page, the page for Book 3 has been added (with screenshots :)) and the Crag Hack wallpaper and Art-book can be downloaded from the Goodies page :)

The site can still be found at the same old adress : http://lota.celestialheavens.com

So, how is the progress?

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 27 Jun 2010, 18:45

Not much further non-spoilerish news for you that I can give right at the moment, sorry. I'm working on the maps as per usual and Jean-Mathias Xavier has drawn some absolutely wonderful art for the final two books :)

I'm very conscious that I'm a really slow mapmaker compared to Marzhin, but we cannot release the next and final version until Book IV is done, so if there are any other mapmakers out there watching, I would deeply appreciate any willing to assist in finishing up the final maps or scripting, since I'm juggling a few other Might and Magic projects too and my speed has been rather poor. Two or more contributors makes for lighter work.

v1adimir
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby v1adimir » 27 Jul 2010, 04:30

One more month... Any good news?

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 27 Jul 2010, 11:56

Yes: thanks to Marzhin, we now have another, excellent mapmaker on board so things are moving faster :)

Lepastur
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Lepastur » 27 Jul 2010, 16:34

I'm truly glad for that :-D I hope to have the texts soon in order to translate them to spanish B-)
Visita http://www.HeroesofMightandMagic.es (Portal) y http://www.TorreDeMarfil.es (Foro) / El sitio web en español más completo dedicado a la saga Heroes of Might and Magic, y a los otros juegos de la misma marca.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 27 Jul 2010, 16:49

I am thinking of going back on my word and releasing Book 3 "early" instead of coupling it with Book 4 (that is, if two years overdue is early in anyone's reckoning :P). It will still require some scripting and I'll have to remove some stuff from the pak files which could spoil the story of B4, but I'll keep you posted as its maps near finalisation.

v1adimir
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby v1adimir » 27 Aug 2010, 03:51

Sorry for rushing it up, but can you tell approximate time of releasing books 3 & 4!?

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 28 Aug 2010, 11:30

"Before Heroes VI" still stands and I intend to ensure that that promise is kept. We only have about three maps to complete, finish some complex scripting, another few portraits and then we're done. Extremely special thanks to our new mapmaker (Zenithale!!) whose help has been absolutely instrumental and inspirational :hail:

The invitation for any experienced mapmakers is still active so that we can make the deadline in a timely fashion, and of course we'll need playtesters at some point B-)

I am very sorry for all the delays so far and I just hope the wait will have been worth it :)

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 30 Aug 2010, 14:09

Will Book 4 and be released simultaneously?
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 30 Aug 2010, 14:20

Yep, I think we'll release all four books in a single archive as the "definitive LotA". There are a total of 19 missions in the final version (more than either of the H5 addon campaigns!).
Progress has really sped up (again, all thanks go to Zenithale), so I'll try to get a couple of extra screenshots up here shortly as well.

An updated artbook and some other goodies will also be made available a little after release.

Alustor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alustor » 01 Sep 2010, 15:13

question:does this campaing connects h4 to h5?(because it would be cool if it would do that :D)or it s just related to h4.the events are after wow?

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 01 Sep 2010, 15:34

It is the storyline sequel to H4 that the official H5 was not. It doesn't involve or take place in Ashan.

But who knows what will happen in the Inevitable Sequel™ :creative:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 01 Sep 2010, 17:49

Which is coming ... when? Soon™? :D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Arjento
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Arjento » 09 Sep 2010, 01:10

Hi,

Loving this awesome mod but when Malustar comes in Chapter 3...he is too damn hard! Don't wish to use the "win" command as I feel I will miss some of the story.

After trying to beat him numerous times I'm afraid this is my only option.

I have activated the console (via config files) and wish to add units to a Hero (example [@AddHeroCreatures("Pelt", CREATURE_BONE_DRAGON, 22)].

But since it's a mod the hero doesn't have an ID I can track down via this page http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/he ... ames.shtml

Any way to track down the ID of my Hero (It would be Emilia Nighthaven from Book 1, Chapter 3, The End Of Peace).

Thanks.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 09 Sep 2010, 15:50

In B1 and B2, the playable LotA characters are based on the following H5 hero IDs (plus scripting names):

Malustar - Agrael (Agrael)
Solmyr - Zehir (Zehir)
Emilia - Cyrus (Cyrus)
Ebora - Biara (Biara)
Harke (Ranger) - Findan (Heam)
Harke (Warlock) - Thralsai (Thralsai)
Thalia - Ylaya (Shadwyn)
Darkstorm - Ornella (Ornella)
Kalah wrote:Which is coming ... when? Soon™? :D
Within the decade ;)
Last edited by Corlagon on 13 Oct 2010, 22:16, edited 1 time in total.

Arjento
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Arjento » 13 Sep 2010, 03:59

Corlagon wrote:In B1 and B2, the playable LotA characters are based on the following H5 hero IDs (plus scripting names):

Malustar - Agrael (Agrael)
Solmyr - Zehir (Zehir)
Emilia - Cyrus (Cyrus)
Ebora - Biara (Biara)
Harke (Ranger) - Findan (Heam)
Harke (Warlock) - Thralsai (Thralsai)
Thalia - Ylaya (Shadwyn)
Darkstorm - Ornella (Ornella)
Thanks.

This came in helpful.

I'm on the 3rd mission of Book 2, and can't seem to find what I need for the "Stela Of Gaiam"?

I got a feeling could be Elementals, but 100!? That's too much.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 13 Sep 2010, 08:49

Arjento wrote:I'm on the 3rd mission of Book 2, and can't seem to find what I need for the "Stela Of Gaiam"?

I got a feeling could be Elementals, but 100!? That's too much.
Not elementals. Think of small, cheap nature spirits... :D

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 13 Oct 2010, 21:42

New atmospheric screenshots from Books III and IV, some a little work-in-progress and some finalised, all courtesy of Zenithale:

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Zenithale is working on the penultimate map of B4 while I'm finally tying Book III together once and for all. Lotusreaver also very kindly joined up at my request and has colourised several portraits of important heroes :)

All but one of Book IV's five maps are "large" or bigger in map size, so I hope it'll keep you occupied before H6 ;)

lotusreaver
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby lotusreaver » 19 Oct 2010, 00:46

Thanks for the shout-out. Those screenshots are looking great!

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”